Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 52
# 1 how about a 23rd century only..
09-11-2013, 03:28 AM
he all.

how about having an only 23rd century area?? there would not be any galaxy,nebula,intrepid class ships or runabouts. there could be any amount of connies. since this is the 23rd century and the connie is a heavy cruiser. and I would like to see I the
uss archer is the archer class fast scout/destroyer. the nx class could get updated to destroyer/scout class ships???

be kind to all...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,540
# 2
09-11-2013, 03:48 AM
I don't think refitting this game to the TOS era is feasible.

Are you proposing an area where only T1 ships are allowed?
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 665
# 3
09-11-2013, 04:26 AM
How about not? This is 2409, not 22xx.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,373
# 4
09-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
How about not? This is 2409, not 22xx.
And some of us are not even sure if it is still 2409. Going from Ensign to Vice Admiral in less than a year seems a tad too fast even for Kirk.

The problem is that we already know the main points of the time between TOS and TNG so adding such an area would extremely limit what Cryptic can do for that zone. Can't have any of the new races so we would be limited to Romulan, Klingon, Gorn, Orion, and a few other races as opponents. This is why STO was set 30 years after Nemesis. Enough time for things to change in the galaxy and isn't limited to what Cryptic can do for storylines. They can introduce whatever ship, technology, planet, or race they want within reason and not have people complaining about the Voth weren't around in the 23rd Century or whatever complaint players can come up with.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 977
# 5
09-11-2013, 12:59 PM
I too would like to "live" in the TOS era, fly the older ships... when they were top of the line.

I would pay for more TOS ships, especially if I had somewhere to fly them except for the Enemy Encounters that are -38 skill level.

If there was a zone that would admit only the lower tier ships (to avoid being a hunting ground for people in the higher tier ships) and have missions with the older enemies and challenges.

But you have to ask... how can Cryptic/PWE profit from this? It would have to be popular enough to have enough players that want to come here and want to pay for TOS era stuff. Not everyone identifies with TOS Star Trek series as "their" Star Trek as well.

The closest thing that we can get to this would be just to create Foundry episodes that are TOS-like somehow.
Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,351
# 6
09-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idontknow200 View Post
he all.

how about having an only 23rd century area?? there would not be any galaxy,nebula,intrepid class ships or runabouts. there could be any amount of connies. since this is the 23rd century and the connie is a heavy cruiser. and I would like to see I the
uss archer is the archer class fast scout/destroyer. the nx class could get updated to destroyer/scout class ships???

be kind to all...
This isn't was STO is about, its about Nemisis +40 year time-frame. If another company wants to get permission from the IP holder to make a 23rd century MMO, that would be fine, but no need to have Cryptic create a pocket-universe to the 23rd century and limit player content.

P.S. Just so you know I am a big-time TOS/first six movies fan, so its not series hate.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,429
# 7
09-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Maybe this could bea new map in pvp where you must be in a tier 2 ship in order to Q.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,170
# 8
09-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
And some of us are not even sure if it is still 2409. Going from Ensign to Vice Admiral in less than a year seems a tad too fast even for Kirk.
perfectly feasable if you are talking about an organisation that is falling apart from direct aggression in its borders, military incursions right into the heart of its central industrial facilities, undine infiltrators in its command structure etc.

to be honest, the war is going very badly for the federation, far worse than is generally known. Starfleet Command believes that defeat is inevitable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5,346
# 9
09-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
The problem is that we already know the main points of the time between TOS and TNG so adding such an area would extremely limit what Cryptic can do for that zone. Can't have any of the new races so we would be limited to Romulan, Klingon, Gorn, Orion, and a few other races as opponents..
No, we're not. Sure, cut the Gamma and Delta Quadrant races for being too far away, but there's no reason the known AQ and BQ powers can't be in the game. Kirk, and therefore TOS, mostly stuck to the Romulan and Klingon border regions AFAIK and, for example, the Cardassians are on the complete opposite side of the Federation. Just because we never saw them doesn't mean they're not there.
Capt. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,373
# 10
09-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
No, we're not. Sure, cut the Gamma and Delta Quadrant races for being too far away, but there's no reason the known AQ and BQ powers can't be in the game. Kirk, and therefore TOS, mostly stuck to the Romulan and Klingon border regions AFAIK and, for example, the Cardassians are on the complete opposite side of the Federation. Just because we never saw them doesn't mean they're not there.
Even if the Federation knew about Cardassians in the 23rd Century, if no hostile relations existed between Cardassians and the Federation until the 24th Century, then Cardassians can't be considered as a potential enemy for the Federation. So such a zone would be limited to enemies that were seen in TOS and Enterprise as long as the enemy in Enterprise is not an ally in TOS. Also such a zone should be limited to races that should belong there so no Bajorans or Liberated Borg.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:41 PM.