Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,774
# 11
12-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echodarksided View Post
What is noteworthy is how many people have posted to that thread, and it is their one and only post ever to these forums. Look at the profiles as you page through to see what I'm talking about.

That is either an incredibly interesting tidbit of note, or the boot camp is being trolled.
I'm trying to think happy thoughts with this personally. I feel that this is a good thing indeed. If it's getting trolled, then ok, it's getting trolled. When those trolls never show up, or try and disrupt the boot camp, we WILL know their @names, and there will be witnesses, both with the coach(es), other people there to actually learn, and perhaps even devs around.

What could make that thread go from the hundreds to...many more hundreds would probably have to be giving the boot camp an in-game bulletin (maybe even today (friday) or tomorrow on saturday).

Y'know..a bulletin? That annoying orange box nobody ever reads and just closes.

Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 661
# 12
12-14-2012, 01:41 AM
Sargon, im gonna need the TS info again. Please send me it ingame if possible. Thank you.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,409
# 13
12-14-2012, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I'm trying to think happy thoughts with this personally. I feel that this is a good thing indeed. If it's getting trolled, then ok, it's getting trolled. When those trolls never show up, or try and disrupt the boot camp, we WILL know their @names, and there will be witnesses, both with the coach(es), other people there to actually learn, and perhaps even devs around.

What could make that thread go from the hundreds to...many more hundreds would probably have to be giving the boot camp an in-game bulletin (maybe even today (friday) or tomorrow on saturday).

Y'know..a bulletin? That annoying orange box nobody ever reads and just closes.
im actually a little worried now about what happens if theres "too many" people per coach situation.

the american education system is a good example of what not to do.

-is american-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 661
# 14
12-14-2012, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
im actually a little worried now about what happens if theres "too many" people per coach situation.

the american education system is a good example of what not to do.

-is american-
Who says were gonna do it the american way?
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,325
# 15
12-14-2012, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Who says were gonna do it the american way?
Speak for yourself MK, I'm coming to the bootcamp on the back of an elephant i stole and a pith helmet on my head
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 16
12-14-2012, 05:59 AM
Hey guys. In order to accommodate some of the European contingent who cannot make it due to the time, I am going to host a second meeting, 2000 CET. I hope this allows more of you to participate. Thanks again.

Feel free to attend both sessions.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,538
# 17
12-14-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Hey guys. In order to accommodate some of the European contingent who cannot make it due to the time, I am going to host a second meeting, 2000 CET. I hope this allows more of you to participate. Thanks again.

Feel free to attend both sessions.
Uh, could you be more specific, right now we have US and EU meeting at 20:00 CET???
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 18
12-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Uh, could you be more specific, right now we have US and EU meeting at 20:00 CET???
We will have two meeting times on Sat the 15th of Dec:

Meeting 1: 11am PST

Meeting 2: 2000 CET

This will hopefully allow more coaches to attend.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 139
# 19
12-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I'm trying to think happy thoughts with this personally. I feel that this is a good thing indeed. If it's getting trolled, then ok, it's getting trolled. When those trolls never show up, or try and disrupt the boot camp, we WILL know their @names, and there will be witnesses, both with the coach(es), other people there to actually learn, and perhaps even devs around.
Actually, if we assume the thread isn't being trolled, what it tells me is the kind of MMO gamer that is coming into STO under the F2P model.

Basically - folks generally supportive of PvP, while generally ignorant of STO PvP.

As a very long time STO player who leveled 8 characters nearly exclusively via PvP, I'm trying to believe this is real. I want it to be, and holy **** Cryptic has a huge opportunity if it is.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,774
# 20
12-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echodarksided View Post
Actually, if we assume the thread isn't being trolled, what it tells me is the kind of MMO gamer that is coming into STO under the F2P model.

Basically - folks generally supportive of PvP, while generally ignorant of STO PvP.

As a very long time STO player who leveled 8 characters nearly exclusively via PvP, I'm trying to believe this is real. I want it to be, and holy **** Cryptic has a huge opportunity if it is.
Amen there, I believe in Santa Christ!

Err...

I believe that this is all going to turn out for the best all in all.

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:51 PM.