Rihannsu
From the latest patch notes. I know some people tend to skim over them so in case you missed it:

The Investigate Officer Reports mission now requires completing only 1 qualified mission, has a 30 min cooldown, and rewards 960 Dilithium and 50 Fleet Marks.

The Fleet Action daily that randomly picks 1 of 3 missions now gives 50 Fleet Marks and 960 Dilithium.

The Mining Event got a little more than a 50% boost to dilithium earned per node.

Added a Trade-in Store to the GPL Conversion Unit that will allow you to exchange Winter Epohh pets for Romulan Marks.

There are a few other changes here;

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=482851

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 2
12-13-2012, 02:27 AM
It's lovely how they can just casually jigger around with missions like that.

Since it's so effing easy, how about we get a few more missions that are PvP-related? Or some modifications to the current PvP missions to make them either reward more?
Captain
# 3
12-13-2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post

Since it's so effing easy, how about we get a few more missions that are PvP-related?
I'm 99% sure the reward tables are incredibly easy to change for a mission, while entirely new missions are less so. What I don't get is why you feel ruining threads like this with whining about tangential issues will help anything.

Are the changes listed in the patch notes good for players? Yes, and that's what we're talking about here. Why don't you start a new thread for PvP changes you'd like to see?
Republic Veteran
# 4
12-13-2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:

Since it's so effing easy, how about we get a few more missions that are PvP-related? Or some modifications to the current PvP missions to make them either reward more?
OHHH!!!! I just had a Brilliant Idea while reading this! A PvP match where the two sides fight against each other while trying to take down a Doomsday Device!! Wadja think?
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
12-13-2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
OHHH!!!! I just had a Brilliant Idea while reading this! A PvP match where the two sides fight against each other while trying to take down a Doomsday Device!! Wadja think?
Isn't that basically what Ker'rat is? Only against Borg.

And it would require players to have hargh'peng torpedos, which need to be handed out in a mission like this which would defeat the purpose of the crafting costs/mission running time.

On topic:

I approve of the changes, esspecially the foundry mission.
Commander
# 6
12-13-2012, 03:16 AM
Quote:

We don't know if it is easy. Of if new missions are differently coded than old missions. Fixing bugs is not an easy task.
Also they doubled their team this year. From ~20 to ~50. That means there a lot of new employees who must be proper trained and integrated.

Priority was installing the proper milking of the playerbase with the switch to F2P. NO money, NO StarTrekonline. That was the "true" intention of S6 and S7 (I approve this).

That are some really nice adjustments to the winter event. Hopefully they learned something about faster recognizing of bugs and balancing xD

Even better are the adjustments to the dailies :-) Finally :-)

Fleet marks were always a pain to get. At least for me xD
Commander
# 7
12-13-2012, 03:20 AM
These are some good changes
Captain
# 8
12-13-2012, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
The Investigate Officer Reports mission now requires completing only 1 qualified mission, has a 30 min cooldown, and rewards 960 Dilithium and 50 Fleet Marks.
I am glad they took another look at Officer Reports, it would certainly work better this way.
Career Officer
# 9
12-13-2012, 03:35 AM
So what does this mean? Can we expect Zen's value to strengthen with the apparent increase in available dilithium? Should I sell now at whatever it's at and hope to make a gain? Seems like the smart thing to do, I suppose, seeing as it's pitifully low how. Barring a dil crisis, I can't do much worse than nearly breaking even.

EDIT: Well, taking the gamble. It's at 106 at the time of sale, and I got 2659 zen for doing it. With the 500 zen stipend I still have, I have a buffer in case dil still drops, but 106 is still a pretty good place to sell.

Ideally it'll be 150+ before I buy zen again, but it depends on whether I hit T5 Omega rep before that happens.

Wish me luck.

Last edited by jexsamx; 12-13-2012 at 03:42 AM.
Rihannsu
# 10
12-13-2012, 04:53 AM
this means that after i'm done with my DOFFing and reputation, i don't need to wait hours in queues for Fleet Actions

(i will, from time to time, as they are fun, but not every day.. )

but i can just go and play some Foundry missions, still getting Fleet Marks for our SB!

VERY NICE!

Join the premiere Romulan community now!