Career Officer
# 11
12-13-2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Why don't you start a new thread for PvP changes you'd like to see?
ref. 2.5 years of the utterly ignored pvp subforum.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Career Officer
# 12
12-13-2012, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
this means that after i'm done with my DOFFing and reputation, i don't need to wait hours in queues for Fleet Actions

(i will, from time to time, as they are fun, but not every day.. )

but i can just go and play some Foundry missions, still getting Fleet Marks for our SB!

VERY NICE!
I'm right there with you. I'm so sick of hanging on Nukara for fleet marks. I'll have to time out running 5 50-kill runs of Thinning the Hive vs this foundry mission, but I have a strong hunch at 30 minutes for 50 marks it will be slightly more time efficient. And with the 960 dil on top of that, I think we finally have a solid incentive for using the foundry.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Career Officer
# 13
12-13-2012, 05:48 AM
I can only really tolerate one batch of Nukara missions at a time. Then I'm about sick of cryo blasting Tholians.

Anyway, Officer Reports, huge win. I haven't touched it since S7 started, I just don't have time to sit down on three minimum 20 minute missions for 1440 dil. One mission for 960? Absolutely. Great motivation to explore the foundry, good steady source of dil. And best of all, variety of gameplay. I can finally stop running the same damn daily missions over and over and over.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
12-13-2012, 06:28 AM
The Investigate Officer Reports mission now requires completing only 1 qualified mission, has a 30 min cooldown, and rewards 960 Dilithium and 50 Fleet Marks.

Now all we need is a good/fast mission for it.

But this is a thing that will do me some foundry missions.
Overal good patch
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Career Officer
# 15
12-13-2012, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones1970 View Post
The Investigate Officer Reports mission now requires completing only 1 qualified mission, has a 30 min cooldown, and rewards 960 Dilithium and 50 Fleet Marks.

Now all we need is a good/fast mission for it.

But this is a thing that will do me some foundry missions.
Overal good patch
The mission I have in my sig is not good, but it is fast. 15-20 minutes. Probably less with a full group.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-13-2012, 07:09 AM
Since season 6 began, I've viewed every dilithium/fleet mark type mission in a reward per hour mindset. So I'm looking at this change to foundry rewards and thinking they still don't have me yet. At 1920 dil per hour and 100 marks per hour, this is still an inferior rate of earnings to every other set of activities I tend to do in game.

(I had a list here for comparison but deleted it so as to not encourage further
eradication of things I find preferable.)

Investigate Officer Reports now is more competitive with running Fleet Actions like SB24
to some degree.

Any improvement is great, so I'm happy they did this as it will help many people especially those starved for story content.
As I am stuck in the dilithium grind mindset, it probably won't help me. I'd need 1440 per half hour to drop anything else in favor of this. At 1920 per hour this fits Cryptic's ideal of 4 hours equalling the dilithium cap. You'd only need to do the lore mission or 320ish dil worth of doff missions to make up the difference.

What I'm most interested in is the change to the Asteroid mining. I'd abandoned it for months but expect to see me hopping around out there checking the math.

Last edited by fourxgamer; 12-13-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Career Officer
# 17
12-13-2012, 07:19 AM
I won't be able to play as much the next week or two, but I am very happy with these changes. The Daily FA is great for me. Don't have much time, but getting the Fleet Marks plus a little extra D is something I appreciate a lot. The new change to the Foundry might finally get me to be a frequent Foundry player. I've played a few & there are some great stories out there, but this will also make it worth while to find good stories. And I can say that I've played some of the OP's stuff. Well done.
Commander
# 18
12-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
OHHH!!!! I just had a Brilliant Idea while reading this! A PvP match where the two sides fight against each other while trying to take down a Doomsday Device!! Wadja think?
I think you have an excellent idea here. Would love to see that. It could even have a rotating enemy; doomsday, borg, tholian and so on to keep it interesting.
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Captain
# 19
12-13-2012, 07:31 AM
I wish the Foundy reward was a little less, so people interested in nothing more than grinding rewards would go do something else.

It's like watching people do a speed-eating contest with fine cuisine. Meh.
Career Officer
# 20
12-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
I wish the Foundy reward was a little less, so people interested in nothing more than grinding rewards would go do something else.

It's like watching people do a speed-eating contest with fine cuisine. Meh.
You made me choke on my coffee. That was hilarious.