# 11
12-13-2012, 02:23 PM
KDF dominance of PvP!!! LOL!!!
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P
Empire Veteran
# 12
12-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Did not the idea of 1-2 point turnrate buff and inertia change for Cruisers and a 1 point buff for Battle Cruisers not already bounce around the forums and recieve a nod fram most players?

R.I.P
Captain
# 13
12-13-2012, 02:28 PM
I've never understood the argument for cruisers having better turn rates. I believe the issue is not with cruisers and low turn rates but with other ships having such high turn rates.

If those ships are going to turn that fast - then the crew better be strapped in and everything on board locked down.

I'd say it is time to change the turn rates for quite a few ships. Not up, but rather - down.
...imagine something amusing here...
Empire Veteran
# 14
12-13-2012, 02:30 PM
I just figured the Cruisers need a better zero-axis turn ability but hey I'm still confused by the KDF dominance statement of the other poster.

The KDF dominates PuGs only.

R.I.P
Empire Veteran
# 15
12-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I just figured the Cruisers need a better zero-axis turn ability but hey I'm still confused by the KDF dominance statement of the other poster.

Teamwork Dominates in PVP and to this day most of these Federation Dogs fail to realize this.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
12-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Mind who you are calling a Dog you son of a Targ

Your maternal parent does not wear the footgear of a soldier
Captain
# 17
12-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I'm still confused by the KDF dominance statement of the other poster.

AA/ASD > ADR

Well, AA/ASD+shared toys > ADR+shared toys

When the cheese starts dropping, there's a clear advantage.
Now, in no-cheese matches - I'd say the Feds have the advantage.
Shame that's how Cryptic went about trying to balance KDF ships against Fed ships, eh?
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
12-13-2012, 03:46 PM
First, i should not be force to choose a faction because they happen to have the best cruiser.
I don't want to play klingons! So stop with your " hey sorry pal! You want a cruiser that rock? You better change faction!"
So much for the flexibility!
I think you choose a faction because you like their ideology if i may say or spirit.
The excuse and argument to have a faction with better ship is a nonsense and if it were made to get more people play klingons side, the numbers proove that this is a magistral fail attemp.
Now, no battlecruiser in fed side? What did you call the galaxy x then?
A ship that has been refit and equip with canon, cloack,a third nacelle to be on part with new ships of that times, and a spinal phaser lance.... A PEACE EXPLORATION CRUISER?
And don't respond to me this is not a battleship it a dreadnought!
This is a war ship!!
Mind you i dont want it to have to much turn rate, i do like the feeling of it slow turn, but here it just getting ridiculous, i bielieve that +0.5 turn rate and better inertia should do the trick, dont worry negvar pilote are safe with their 8 degree turn rate.
For other cruiser a buff should be apply intelligently in relation to the design role of the ship
Even if a better turn rate would do good to a star crruiser, here it is absolutly not neccesary, it not a dps ship, it would be a waste.
Same for odyssey, this ship dont need a buff, he can already turn better than gal x if you equip the 3 consoles.
So in the end only the tactical oriented cruiser should have a buff in turn rate, and this buff can even be done so that they stay less agile as klink cruiser.
But the gap should be reduce.
Captain
# 19
12-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo1nx View Post
First, i should not be force to choose a faction because they happen to have the best cruiser.
The Andorian Battle Cruiser's coming, no?
Captain
# 20
12-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Can this not turn into a FED vs KDF shouting match?

I do not see a problem with granting all FED and KDF (Battle)Cruisers a +1 turn rate and a small reduction in Inertia value.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.