Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
I am not sure if you have ever thought of this but....

Since Nacelles are very long and very big, why not have some weapons made for such...

They can fire over 500 LY but and accurately but that is not their main Reason for the power for the range on them... It falls under.... when the borg say "resistance is futile" Well.... this is a awsner and a smak to the face like "Assimilate this..." and tear the ship infront of you with solid rounds that have a high yield round in the center if needed... or a massive energy beam as we know Nacelles are used to hold the warp reaction for power.... which if fired, it wouldn't be a matter of if it was adapted or blocked, it would be a matter of how long will it take before my shields have a hole in them, as it is a very very high powered weapon.

The Nacelle Weapons Fire ether many rounds in a pepper like shooting, that could spread out and seek, or single rounds that are massive and built for demolishing ships in-front... or even a chain shot of rounds...... though you could even make it just fire rounds that spiral and rip the shields and hull apart....

The Beam weapon Verson would more or less be a very very high powered energy bank or beam array weapon, which would be like a Cascades phaser array... though a cannon verson which would be like


Though if the technology was stolen.... There is a block for it.... for the energy weapons.....

Redirection Shields: Energy fired at the Shields is not absorbed or taken, but redirected around the ship and out the other side.

Like this:

Normal Shields... [Phazer fires D------>(0) Hit] Redirectional Shields [D-----(0)------> Not hit] energy was sent around and send along its same path, and it works on all energy weapons, the Basic RD Shields work that way but Advanced RD shields allow for the shields to redirect it at angles. and your own weapons can still be used and has a low chance to add more power to the weapons power... This Shield is Vulnerable to Solid Damage big time.

For the Solid weapon....

Particle Redirection shields: when a solid round hits the shield it is more or less transported to the other side.... and sent on its way... though this shield is vulnerable to Energy attacks big time...

Though if one could allow for Duel Shielding on a ship both could be used but it may be like this.... {(o)}

{}outside layer.... RD shields for energy attacks
()Inner layer PRD Shields Solid and Most torpedo attacks
o Ship.... Hull plating.


Even this can be countered with something Like a Phaze Partical Beam which is nether .... which would then reqire your normal sheilds to be used again.... and that would look like this. {[(o)]}

{}Outer later: RD
[]Mid Layer: Standard Shields
()Inner Layer: PRD
o Ship: Hull


I also have a Idea for a Shield Weapon.... but T.T Who wants a shield that created Beams of energy, and auto strikes in all directions and strikes incoming torpedoes and absorbs Energy fire only to redirect it at a random enemy? Like Really, you wouldn't even have to fire you own weapons as the shields would do it for you.


A new hull platting could be made to absorb energy instead of block it as well, though that would be flawed.... someone could over charge the hull...


Also maybe This....


We know that most ships have 3 or more weapons in the front or back....

Well Why not also have stratigec placement of the said weapons...

Bank and Array weapons have a limited range and can broad side even.... so say you put it in this form.

Fore Weapons [b] [T] [b]

Aft: [A] [T] [M] [A]

The the two bank weapons would have their 90 angle but more to the left and right as seen.... so the B for bank as in duel bank, phazers should still fired to the front but on each side they would have slightly more ark covered, due to the way they are placed....

Weapons in the center keep their normal arc, though if you have 4 weapons again the center would have a very very slight left or right arch to the said side or have a bonus arc given.


Also I was hoping that they would make Portside and Starbord weapons ^_^ that could fire to one side or the other, you could have mine weapons put there or even Photon Missiles.... or spread phasers.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 2
12-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
I am not sure if you have ever thought of this but....

Since Nacelles are very long and very big, why not have some weapons made for such...
starfleet does not


Quote:
They can fire over 500 LY
ok so you want a weapon I can fire from Earth space dock and hit The Klingons at home

Quote:
but and accurately but that is not their main Reason for the power for the range on them... It falls under.... when the borg say "resistance is futile" Well.... this is a awsner and a smak to the face like "Assimilate this..." and tear the ship infront of you with solid rounds that have a high yield round in the center if needed... or a massive energy beam as we know Nacelles are used to hold the warp reaction for power.... which if fired, it wouldn't be a matter of if it was adapted or blocked, it would be a matter of how long will it take before my shields have a hole in them, as it is a very very high powered weapon.
Not exactly


Quote:
The Nacelle Weapons Fire ether many rounds in a pepper like shooting, that could spread out and seek, or single rounds that are massive and built for demolishing ships in-front... or even a chain shot of rounds...... though you could even make it just fire rounds that spiral and rip the shields and hull apart....
X bomber ??


Quote:
The Beam weapon Verson would more or less be a very very high powered energy bank or beam array weapon, which would be like a Cascades phaser array... though a cannon verson which would be like


Though if the technology was stolen.... There is a block for it.... for the energy weapons.....

Redirection Shields: Energy fired at the Shields is not absorbed or taken, but redirected around the ship and out the other side.
Ya canna change the laws of physics


Like this:

Quote:
Normal Shields... [Phazer fires D------>(0) Hit] Redirectional Shields [D-----(0)------> Not hit] energy was sent around and send along its same path, and it works on all energy weapons, the Basic RD Shields work that way but Advanced RD shields allow for the shields to redirect it at angles. and your own weapons can still be used and has a low chance to add more power to the weapons power... This Shield is Vulnerable to Solid Damage big time.

For the Solid weapon....

Particle Redirection shields: when a solid round hits the shield it is more or less transported to the other side.... and sent on its way... though this shield is vulnerable to Energy attacks big time...

Though if one could allow for Duel Shielding on a ship both could be used but it may be like this.... {(o)}

{}outside layer.... RD shields for energy attacks
()Inner layer PRD Shields Solid and Most torpedo attacks
o Ship.... Hull plating.


Even this can be countered with something Like a Phaze Partical Beam which is nether .... which would then reqire your normal sheilds to be used again.... and that would look like this. {[(o)]}

{}Outer later: RD
[]Mid Layer: Standard Shields
()Inner Layer: PRD
o Ship: Hull
also not canon

Quote:
I also have a Idea for a Shield Weapon.... but T.T Who wants a shield that created Beams of energy, and auto strikes in all directions and strikes incoming torpedoes and absorbs Energy fire only to redirect it at a random enemy? Like Really, you wouldn't even have to fire you own weapons as the shields would do it for you.
Go'uld Tech now ?


Quote:
A new hull platting could be made to absorb energy instead of block it as well, though that would be flawed.... someone could over charge the hull...
way beyond the tech available


Quote:
Also maybe This....


We know that most ships have 3 or more weapons in the front or back....

Well Why not also have stratigec placement of the said weapons...

Bank and Array weapons have a limited range and can broad side even.... so say you put it in this form.

Fore Weapons [b] [T] [b]

Aft: [A] [T] [M] [A]

The the two bank weapons would have their 90 angle but more to the left and right as seen.... so the B for bank as in duel bank, phazers should still fired to the front but on each side they would have slightly more ark covered, due to the way they are placed....

Weapons in the center keep their normal arc, though if you have 4 weapons again the center would have a very very slight left or right arch to the said side or have a bonus arc given.


Also I was hoping that they would make Portside and Starbord weapons ^_^ that could fire to one side or the other, you could have mine weapons put there or even Photon Missiles.... or spread phasers.
we would need an entirely new engine for this
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
# 3
12-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Star trek is sci-fi ^_^

also I said it had the range yes, but it was non intended for that, yes you can strike further away than 10 km.... and use the extra power to punch through shields and Hulls.... but if you want to be logical any Weapon in star trek and real weapon has Infinite range as there is no Friction in space or any apposing force....

Kick Logic out and do the Impossible.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 4
12-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Star trek is sci-fi ^_^
Correct
emphasis on the SCIence

Quote:
also I said it had the range yes, but it was non intended for that, yes you can strike further away than 10 km....
big difference between 10 km and 500 light years

think water pistol and ICBM

Quote:
and use the extra power to punch through shields and Hulls.... but if you want to be logical any Weapon in star trek and real weapon has Infinite range as there is no Friction in space or any apposing force....
1st and 2nd laws of entropy
Various laws of thermo dynamics

And actually space does have opposing forces (gravity , micro collisions etc)
A beam of energy slowly spreads out (shine a torch beam along your front garden) see how it gets wider and dimmer as it goes further out?
the problem with any energy weapon in space (including a laser beam) is dispersal not friction

"an object in motion will continue in motion until acted on by an external force"
but thats a given
there are forces Everywhere


Quote:
Kick Logic out and do the Impossible.
Basically a weapon with a 500 light year weapon is an "I win " button
I sit in ESD and blow up Some poor borg cube half a galaxy away
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 5
12-13-2012, 05:59 PM
500 light year weapon. even devs will say "OP'd" and would ruin current combat system.
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 6
12-13-2012, 05:59 PM
The Nacelles are powered by the ship's Warp Core, which also powers the ship's energy weapons. Channeling weapons power through the Nacelles is more roundabout than the current system already in place.

As far as weapons placement goes, I'd still rather see their rumored Broadside ship they talked about in the past. Maybe if it came with a couple Dual Heavy Kinetic Cannons and a bonus to turret power, for that full-on Battlestar experience.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
# 7
12-13-2012, 06:47 PM
The Borg are EVIL we can't even play as them T.T
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,004
# 8
12-13-2012, 07:13 PM
After looking at the incoherent train wreck of thoughts by the OP, here's my response:

- A range of 500 LY is ludicrious. At that range and accuracy, the Federation could simply destroy the Klingon Homeworld from Earth.

- Halostyle MAC rounds don't exist in Star Trek. It's either energy beam/bolt weapons or warp-capable guided projectiles that use a M/AM reaction as the warhead.

- The warp reaction occurs in the warp core at the heart of the ship; the nacelles simply convert the resulting warp plasma into a warp field for FTL travel.

- Energy weapon attacks cannot be simply redirected to nowhere.

- Projectile weapon attacks cannot simply simply transported to the other side of the ship due to their size and intercept speed.

- The closest you will ever see a "shield weapon" that "fires beams of energy" is the Fire At Will ability that anyone can train their Tac BOffs in. It simply allows your beam weapons to shoot multiple targets for a very short period of time with slightly lower damage than usual.

- There may be little to no friction in space, but energy weapons do dissipate over very long distances, and projectile weapons may accidentally get intercepted by stray debris/asteroids.

- "Kick Logic out and do the Impossible?" You're kidding, right? Star Trek may be science fiction, but its hallmarks include being consistent to its own in-universe rules and being at least based on possible science.

In conclusion, the OP has little to no understanding of Trek canon, and is instead campaigning for an "I WIN" button to compensate for his inability to progress in the game.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 9
12-14-2012, 03:07 AM
You want to be a Borg??

Two options

Life time sub (borg characters activated)

Do a borg mission and stand there on the ground while they jump you
you are then a nice boring mindless walking corpse
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 10
12-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiza View Post
The Borg are EVIL
you clearly haven't seen a borg command ship being oneshotted by a garumba, or a defiant for that matter.
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:28 AM.