Super Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,687
# 41
12-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Okay, a bonus just for logging in...

Fleet Marks doesn't work that well because there are plenty of people who aren't even in a fleet, so that's not quite fair to them.

Dilithium is problematical because it can be converted to Zen, which is how PWE makes money. If this perk were limited to Gold accounts, I would agree it's a good idea. I'd even be tempted to sub for that, plus the other Gold benefits.

Energy Credits? That could work okay, to allow people to save up for really expensive stuff on the Exchange. On the other hand, it could be less incentive for people to put stuff up on the Exchange.

What else is there?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 816
# 42
12-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claransa View Post
Try "hair today, gorn tomorrow" I get a kick out of the little bit of dialog involved otherwise its a simple ground battle against groups of gorn terminating in a boss fight. Running time for me 15 minutes.
Thanks! I'll give that one a gorn...I mean go...

* The loadout wheel of fortune - Round and round it goes, what it'll remove, nobody knows! *
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,183
# 43
12-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Okay, a bonus just for logging in...

Fleet Marks doesn't work that well because there are plenty of people who aren't even in a fleet, so that's not quite fair to them.

Dilithium is problematical because it can be converted to Zen, which is how PWE makes money. If this perk were limited to Gold accounts, I would agree it's a good idea. I'd even be tempted to sub for that, plus the other Gold benefits.

Energy Credits? That could work okay, to allow people to save up for really expensive stuff on the Exchange. On the other hand, it could be less incentive for people to put stuff up on the Exchange.

What else is there?
no, it has to be something non-currency..

like some boosts (medium shield recharge, 10 uses, not sellable) or Fleet Marks
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 437
# 44
12-14-2012, 09:59 AM
I like having a reason to do foundry missions now!

I played a handful of fun ones yesterday and a few okay ones.

I for one am happy with the new change, heck, I think it will help the foundry improve. Hopefully they can get rid of all the old one click mission clogging up the list though.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,278
# 45
12-14-2012, 10:31 AM
What if they sent you an in-game mail, one per account with items attached. It could be randomized

One of X number of (Omega/Romulan/Fleet Marks)
X amount of dilithium
X amount of energy credits
A stack of consumables or a piece of equipment of varying quality

With the Xs increasing up to 5 days logged on consecutively
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,013
# 46
12-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Reducing the cooldown for officer reports to 30 minutes means there is now zero incentive to play anything in the PvE queues except to get Omega/Romulan marks. The rewards for doing one easy foundry mission now outstrips the dilithium and fleet mark rewards of everything multiplayer.

There is such a thing as too much rewards.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 47
12-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
Reducing the cooldown for officer reports to 30 minutes means there is now zero incentive to play anything in the PvE queues except to get Omega/Romulan marks. The rewards for doing one easy foundry mission now outstrips the dilithium and fleet mark rewards of everything multiplayer.

There is such a thing as too much rewards.
I've played those PvE queues plenty, thank you very much. Besides, you'll need something to do during that 30 minute cooldown.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,751
# 48
12-14-2012, 12:43 PM
I've only read the first post here so excuse me if what I follow with has been said already. @OP, the current allowance is more than enough. You can easily earn your 8k refined Dilithium per day, along with a good 60-90 Romulan Marks (via the Dailies).

The Officer Reports mission has a 15-minute cooldown from start, thus (if you stayed up for 24-hours straight playing this mission alone) you could effectively earn roughly 220k in dilithium and 4800 fleet marks. I think that's more than adequate.

There is no point playing STF's for Fleet Marks cause nomatter what you do, you aren't given enough. The same applies to the Romulan Nebula event. The rewards are just too small. There are other ways to get the required currencies. The only one that may take a bit more time is the Omega Stuff. I have yet to find a quick way around that short of elite STFs, half of which people quit out the second the optional objective fails. :/
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,983
# 49
12-14-2012, 12:46 PM
[quote=flash525;7090521
The Officer Reports mission has a 15-minute cooldown from start....[/QUOTE]

Agree with your point but the new cooldown on it to 30 minutes; so just keeping info accurate.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,751
# 50
12-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Agree with your point but the new cooldown on it to 30 minutes; so just keeping info accurate.
My mistake.

Still, even with a 30-minute cooldown, that's still 1100k in dilithium and 2400 fleet marks in 24 hours, and people are complaining about it?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 PM.