Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 497
# 21
12-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
You're really selling your mission in your sig.
Ain't nuttin but the trufes. It's popcorn style plot design. The same kind of pulp tripe you'd see in a tng episode that was good, but not great, and a season finale that left you hanging a really long time. A very long time in this case.

I originally made it just to see the foundry and utilize all the functionality I could at the time. Some of this is reflected in the story, beaming from one location to another on the map when the door would not open to the next area, etc. Some of the dialog had to be contrived to make that seem at least semi-plausible but it's thin at best. Not a lot of effort put into the npcs, just some placement and idle anims. The invocation of Q was the act of a desperate author. The last part of the mission has real problems with BOff navigation through the corridors, and I'm not sure the dialog at the very end makes any sense at all. Part 2 should be fun since I'm not even sure what's in the box yet. This was all done in about 6 hours. I think I even remember one of the devs whom I shall not name making fun of the process by which I made it in the TTS channel.

I can't believe anyone liked it but I'm glad they did and so I really should finish the story.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.

Last edited by curs0r; 12-13-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 91
# 22
12-13-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm really happy with this change, thanks Devs!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 692
# 23
12-13-2012, 08:32 PM
This is awesome news! Pretty much revolutionises my end game experience, now I can actually play fun content rather than just grind all the Eta Eridani and Orellius dailies, and then play whatever I have time for. XD

If you're looking for short missions, I find that a lot of authors include the average play times of their missions in the description. So I search for "30 minutes", or any other period of time, and a whole bunch of missions come up.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 497
# 24
12-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
This is awesome news! Pretty much revolutionises my end game experience, now I can actually play fun content rather than just grind all the Eta Eridani and Orellius dailies, and then play whatever I have time for. XD

If you're looking for short missions, I find that a lot of authors include the average play times of their missions in the description. So I search for "30 minutes", or any other period of time, and a whole bunch of missions come up.
that's a great idea. I will time mine out and post it in the description.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 877
# 25
12-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Making it only require 1 mission to complete was good. But reducing the cooldown to 30 minutes was totally over the top. There is now no reason whatsoever to do any actual fleet missions for the fleet marks. It needs to go back to 20 hours or give significantly less fleet marks.

Last edited by warpangel; 12-14-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,945
# 26
12-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
Making it only require 1 mission to complete was good. But reducing the cooldown to 30 minutes was totally over the top. There is now no reason whatsoever to do any actual fleet missions for the fleet marks. It needs to go back to 20 hours or give significantly less fleet marks.
Not everyone does the foundry so fleet missions are still important. not to mention with a good team, during the bonus hour and with the bonus mark boost you can get 60-90 fleet marks from blockade in 15 minutes.

all that needs to be done is to make the missions like red alert need to be boosted to make them more attractive. then people who do both have a real choice.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 845
# 27
12-14-2012, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
Ain't nuttin but the trufes. It's popcorn style plot design. The same kind of pulp tripe you'd see in a tng episode that was good, but not great, and a season finale that left you hanging a really long time. A very long time in this case.

I originally made it just to see the foundry and utilize all the functionality I could at the time. Some of this is reflected in the story, beaming from one location to another on the map when the door would not open to the next area, etc. Some of the dialog had to be contrived to make that seem at least semi-plausible but it's thin at best. Not a lot of effort put into the npcs, just some placement and idle anims. The invocation of Q was the act of a desperate author. The last part of the mission has real problems with BOff navigation through the corridors, and I'm not sure the dialog at the very end makes any sense at all. Part 2 should be fun since I'm not even sure what's in the box yet. This was all done in about 6 hours. I think I even remember one of the devs whom I shall not name making fun of the process by which I made it in the TTS channel.

I can't believe anyone liked it but I'm glad they did and so I really should finish the story.
Well, that's fair enough. At least you're either honest or humble. I've had some would be Foundry authors ask me for help in the past and they put like 10 hours into their mission and then don't want to listen when I tell them they need to put in some more time for their mission to be good or great instead of decent.

I'm tempted to check your mission out just to see how bad it could possibly be. Maybe it's a better marketing strategy than I thought.


Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,266
# 28
12-14-2012, 02:22 AM
Good changes all round. Wonder if we'll see Dilithium to Zen go past 110 : 1 now people are earning more?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,164
# 29
12-14-2012, 04:09 AM
Enemies in Foundry missions are now dropping normal loot, too
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:07 PM.