Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
The real question should be. Why do we care if we do? lol I mean really if it's true that we live in a Matrix, how will this effect your way of life right now? Do you stop and say I refuse to keep playing your game whoever is running it, or just sit in a corner and rock back and forth? Not matter what these guys find out, we are plugged into this reality, and you do the best you can do to live it.

Here's a rundown of the freaky program by techeye.net:

Currently, computer simulations are decades away from creating even a primitive working model of the universe. In fact, scientists are able to accurately model only a 100 trillionth of a meter, with work to create a model of a full human being still out of reach.
By looking for underlying patterns, physicists believe that it may be possible to work out if we are existing in a computer created universe, created many years in the future. Looking at constraints imposed on simulations by limited resources could show signs that we are mere bit-part players in a Matrix-style film plot.

It will take many years to reach the computational power to give a real glimpse of whether we are living in a simulation, the scientists contend, but even by looking at the tiny portion of the universe that we can currently accurately model, it may be possible to detect 'signatures' of constraints on physical processes that could point to a simulation.

btw Now that I think on it a little more, maybe there is a little truth to it at some level. hehe
Career Officer
# 2
12-14-2012, 05:00 AM
Who cares... If we are just a battery and machines are growing us on a field, being INSIDE the matrix is undoubtly my first choice.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Republic Veteran
# 3
12-14-2012, 05:54 AM
If the fake universe they have created needed to be this diverse, colourful and mind-boggling in scale and complexity, then the real universe must be a pretty dull place.
Commander
# 4
12-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Perhaps we are all just characters in some intergalactic scale sandbox MMO.
Rihannsu
# 5
12-14-2012, 06:40 AM
If we are all part of a computer game, i wish someone had plugged us into a better one than what we are all living in now.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Commander
# 6
12-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
If we are all part of a computer game, i wish someone had plugged us into a better one than what we are all living in now.
Agreed, although the grpahics are nice.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-14-2012, 06:44 AM
and what accidents are BSOD's? and kernel panic errors. chuckle.

I know time travel doesn't exist I think FTL or damn close is highly possible and probable but Murphy is one of my idols and don't you think accidents happen

we would have seem major oopses by now if time travel was possible.

as for the matrix. easy if they wanted to keep me happy as they do whatever with our biomass they would drop interest rates, give me better raises and make bosses get sugar highs
Career Officer
# 8
12-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
Agreed, although the grpahics are nice.
Graphics dosen't make a better game...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 9
12-14-2012, 06:59 AM
What happens if THEY detect that we detect that it's a matrix?

Nice knowing you all.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Rihannsu
# 10
12-14-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
What happens if THEY detect that we detect that it's a matrix?

Nice knowing you all.
we all go on epic 100 man bank raids.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission