Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
I need to ask, but do you people even read and/or help those with issues in the tech support sections of the forums. Or have you gotten that lazy cutting cornings and releasing such bugged bull**** content that you've all but ignored the issues people bring up.

Submitting bug reports garners no replies, when it actually works. And we ended up waiting weeks for a reply going...we cant help you. Im curious...with all the gouging with zstore pricing you guys do and knowing how much people spend.

Why is customer service a none existant pile of crap.

Hell..the PWE support page...8 months or so later...still gives me redirect errors. People I know cant log into STO, or NWo or CO. And nothings adressed. Ever.

is this what I paid a lifetime membership for?

utter filth.
Join Date. Dec 2007
The Original Novastar
Captain
# 2
07-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Congratulations! You are this weeks 100the person to use the phrase'Cryptic doesnt care' as a thread title! You have just announced to the entire forum. That this thread is full of self piying woe and is to be avoided lik a dose of the measles. Congratulations!
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Career Officer
# 3
07-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Honestly, if I were a PWE technician and I read what you just wrote, I would be less inclined to help you. You come off as demanding and uncouth.

When I worked as a computer technician in my teens and early twenties, I discovered that the vast majority of reported computer problems existed between the keyboard and the chair. If it comes down to a choice between spending money for PWE employees to handhold users through technical issues, most of which they could solve themselves with a little research or trial and error and using the money to develop content for the game. . . guess which paychecks I would prefer PWE to write?

That being said, Cryptic does need to investigate when there are many reported instances of a problem and from what I have seen they usually do a good job of it, though sometimes it can take them a while to squash the bugs. But really, top dollar operating systems like Microsoft still release patches a decade late for old bugs. It just goes with the territory.

Also, submitting bug reports is not really supposed to "garner a reply". It is supposed to be compiled and rated so that the most frequent or damaging bugs are worked on first. Taking time out of bug squashing to write an individual reply to your bug report would be a waste of the money we pay.
Captain
# 4
Submitting a bug report never gives a reply. The info in the report is supposedly sent to the appropriate devs and they work on fixing it. Submitting a support ticket will give a reply eventually even if it is a worthless reply that doesn't help anything.
Commander
# 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustiswordz View Post
Congratulations! You are this weeks 100the person to use the phrase'Cryptic doesnt care' as a thread title! You have just announced to the entire forum. That this thread is full of self piying woe and is to be avoided lik a dose of the measles. Congratulations!
Congratulations! You managed to misuse a period and start off another sentence with a word referencing the other side of a compound sentence that isn't there! You also failed to spell properly in an error of spell checker!
Career Officer
# 6
07-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknesia View Post
Congratulations! You managed to misuse a period and start off another sentence with a word referencing the other side of a compound sentence that isn't there! You also failed to spell properly in an error of spell checker!
I believe that your non sequitur (being a violation of logic) is much more egregious than his failure to proofread his minor punctuation error.
Captain
# 7
07-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknesia View Post
That is dependant on 2 important points that my mobile phone has a spell checker (which it doesn't) and 2 that I give a damn...
Lieutenant
# 8
07-08-2013, 10:03 PM
all devs are the same, i stopped submitting bugs and possible solutions long time ago, i have never seen a simple "thank you" ever, but my solutions were afterwards applied.
They seems to be mad cause you find a mistake they'd done.
Captain
# 9
07-08-2013, 10:24 PM
They have a playerbase of thousands and must have hundreds of bug reports submitted to them with more added daily. They probably only have a handful of guys working on locating and dealing with all these bugs. They dont have time to personally reply to every complaint and bug report. People think that every bug report will be pounced on eagerly by hundreds of developers who will stop at nothing to fix it.

Pick yer number and get in line.
Career Officer
# 10
07-08-2013, 10:36 PM
I think the real problem is that there are so many unresolved bugs and issues in the game that people start believing that no one cares. I think we can all name a few bugs that are of particular interest to us that we would like fixed but they are still around, usually after several months.

Just today a friend tried to get the Jem'Hadar fighters from the DIl store and she could not because the game could not tell she was flying a Jem'hadar HEC. There are many examples like this and they persist month after month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.