Lieutenant
So...What happened to the Mk XII purple space weapons? The ones you used to be able to get from the STF stores, like the Antiproton Beam Array Mk XII [Acc][CritH][Borg]? Omega Reputation Tier 3 lets you unlock Mk XII purple antiborg ground weapons but it doesn't look like any of the tiers unlock any space weapons except for the unique set components.

I am primarily asking since I switched from cruiser to destroyer after S7 and didn't have the foresight to pick up Mk XII cannons and turrets for it at the end of S6 with leftover prototype salvage (I converted them all to dil instead). So right now I am sort of just stuck with Mk XI gear. Am I just going to have to farm STF drops for Mk XII weapons now? What about the future? Are these supposed to be making a comeback with the borg doffs that were supposed to come back at some point after S7?

This also seems like something like this would affect PvP (or new PvPers) since most VA PvPers would want [Acc] and Mk XII weapons that aren't plasma (available with New Romulus Reputation Tier 4), as all the STF shields are plasma resist.

Last edited by cowbert; 12-14-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Captain
# 2
12-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Omega reputation or some new kind of borg salvage, I guess.

Yeah, I'm glad I already had my Mk XII anti-borg weapons, too.
Empire Veteran
# 3
12-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbert View Post
So...What happened to the Mk XII purple space weapons? The ones you used to be able to get from the STF stores, like the Antiproton Beam Array Mk XII [Acc][CritH][Borg]? Omega Reputation Tier 3 lets you unlock Mk XII purple antiborg ground weapons but it doesn't look like any of the tiers unlock any space weapons except for the unique set components.

I am primarily asking since I switched from cruiser to destroyer after S7 and didn't have the foresight to pick up Mk XII cannons and turrets for it at the end of S6 with leftover prototype salvage (I converted them all to dil instead). So right now I am sort of just stuck with Mk XI gear. Am I just going to have to farm STF drops for Mk XII weapons now? What about the future? Are these supposed to be making a comeback with the borg doffs that were supposed to come back at some point after S7?

This also seems like something like this would affect PvP (or new PvPers) since most VA PvPers would want [Acc] and Mk XII weapons that aren't plasma (available with New Romulus Reputation Tier 4), as all the STF shields are plasma resist.
You mean you didnt get the memo from Drake? The borg queen caught our little mole in her collective. That mole has been supplying Dvak with tech to make the weapons.

So.. no mole.. no tech.. no weapons..

Dvak's looking for volunteers to be assimilated but almost every captain he came across is too smitten with their Epohh to part with them and become part of the borg collective.

Oh well...
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2012, 10:01 AM
It was reported and acknowledged by the devs that the <Borg> proc didn't not always work correctly. So there are no plans to re-introduce these weapons into the Omega Reputation system store.
Captain
# 5
12-14-2012, 10:02 AM
The Borg modifier wasn't working on all Borg ships. Cubes, Probes, and Spheres it worked fine against, but not the unique Borg ships. So the devs took out the method to obtain them ingame, then added a passive power at Tier 4 Omega that allows you to do a kinetic damage proc against any opponent not just Borg. The problem is that you have to chose between that and a shield regeneration buff.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Besides the Fleet advanced and Fleet Elite space Ultra Rare MK XII weapons have SOOOOoooo much more DPS then the purple MK XII <borg> weapons that they more then make up for the loss of the old proc.
Captain
# 7
12-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Post ended up in wrong thread. Removed.

Last edited by sirsitsalot; 12-14-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Just a thought..... about Risa..... in a thread about Borg space weapons?
Captain
# 9
12-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiederichs View Post
Just a thought..... about Risa..... in a thread about Borg space weapons?
This is confusing to me too, since I was IN the thread talking about a summer event on Risa when I clicked reply... Wierd.
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Ah, that makes much more sense.