Captain
# 1 Hey Cryptic
02-06-2013, 06:58 AM
How about mirrored maps? We need more maps in the foundry and this is no substitute but why not mirror the maps like they do in a lot of racing games to give those maps more variety?
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Rihannsu
# 2
02-06-2013, 08:26 AM
I like that idea. It saves time doing renders and improves variety.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
02-06-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "mirrored" maps. Are you thinking like a normal map, say one of the generic interiors, with everything reversed? So the room at the far right would be at the far left?
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Captain
# 4
02-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "mirrored" maps. Are you thinking like a normal map, say one of the generic interiors, with everything reversed? So the room at the far right would be at the far left?
Yes exactly.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Commander
# 5
02-06-2013, 11:29 AM
To be fair there is alot of maps already and it isn't that hard to make up your own system! It's the simpilist map out of the three types.

However I would like to see more Doorways on the Galactic Map. Such as 'Whole Map' Options. Enter via Delta Volanis Cluster and etc. Perhaps have a few Transwarp Gateways doted around that you can use as a 'Doorway to unexplored space'!?
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Career Officer
# 6
02-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Yes, I agree! We need maps with goatees and mid-drifts! Oh wait ...
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
02-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Because so many of the maps are just kinda "rooms and halls in space" I don't see a whole lot of benefit to mirrored versions. After all what orientation everything is in is relative to what way the player is facing. A mirrored version would be experienced almost the same as the version we have now.

If it were my choice, I'd like to the devs to spend whatever time they devote to the Foundry on adding the maps they have that aren't in the Foundry and more custom-building assets. I went to the Captain's Table the other day for the first time (I haven't been a lifer very long) and there's all kids of walls and consoles and such there that I'd love to have at my disposal. Same with the player starbases. I specifically asked Tacofangs if those would be added to the Foundry and he said yes... but it hasn't happened.

That said, if we were to get a system where we could mix and match those hallways and rooms into new layouts, I'd love that
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!

Last edited by drogyn1701; 02-06-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Commander
# 8
02-06-2013, 03:33 PM
I'll be happy when they add MACO & OMEGA Costumes along with Facility 4028 Props
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Survivor of Romulus
# 9
02-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I'll be happy when they add MACO & OMEGA Costumes along with Facility 4028 Props
with the prison colours for maco!!

and ent maco!!!

and everything else thats epic!
Rihannsu
# 10
02-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Because so many of the maps are just kinda "rooms and halls in space" I don't see a whole lot of benefit to mirrored versions. After all what orientation everything is in is relative to what way the player is facing. A mirrored version would be experienced almost the same as the version we have now.

If it were my choice, I'd like to the devs to spend whatever time they devote to the Foundry on adding the maps they have that aren't in the Foundry and more custom-building assets. I went to the Captain's Table the other day for the first time (I haven't been a lifer very long) and there's all kids of walls and consoles and such there that I'd love to have at my disposal. Same with the player starbases. I specifically asked Tacofangs if those would be added to the Foundry and he said yes... but it hasn't happened.

That said, if we were to get a system where we could mix and match those hallways and rooms into new layouts, I'd love that
it's not that useful, I admit, but it'd be relatively easy for the devs to implement and add some more variety. But yeah it'd be a matter of going left at a turn in the hallway instead fo right.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.