Survivor of Romulus
I'm sick of reading all of the nerdrage "I DEMAND AN ANSWER FROM CRYPTIC ABOUT BUG X" threads, they get pretty tiresome after a while. Here's something a little more lighthearted.

What do you keep in your bank, and how do you keep it organised?

Myself, I'm an avid doffer and crafter so a lot of my bank space is dedicated to samples, traces and commodities. That's the only section of my bank I'm happy with.

The rest is just a mess of weapons and unique items, I'm hoping to get some inspiration on how to sort it all out from you guys

Here's my bank:

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2rwp5pu.jpg
Empire Veteran
# 2
02-18-2013, 06:58 AM
Apart from the sort button, there is no way to organize your bank other than manually.
TBH, I've gotten so tired of organizing it that I just hit the sort button every so often. The grind is so tough in this game, as is, that I don't have time to sit there for 30 minutes every day organizing my bank. It's been 3 years of development and all we've gotten for the bank was a "sort" button. Cryptic should have redone the bank in the same season fleet starbases were introduced so that commodities would get their own section that is separated from everything else. Pets and tribbles need their own sections, as well.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2013, 07:01 AM
i've in my bank samples and traces sorted by color, and some rare consumables. And i'm happpy about it. Thats it
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
02-18-2013, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
Apart from the sort button, there is no way to organize your bank other than manually.
TBH, I've gotten so tired of organizing it that I just hit the sort button every so often. The grind is so tough in this game, as is, that I don't have time to sit there for 30 minutes every day organizing my bank. It's been 3 years of development and all we've gotten for the bank was a "sort" button. Cryptic should have redone the bank in the same season fleet starbases were introduced so that commodities would get their own section that is separated from everything else. Pets and tribbles need their own sections, as well.
Ah, I think you misunderstood me.

I didn't mean logistically how do you sort it, I'm well aware the only way is manually - I meant how do you *like* it to be sorted - the sort button is horrible, I agree
Empire Veteran
# 5
02-18-2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
Ah, I think you misunderstood me.

I didn't mean logistically how do you sort it, I'm well aware the only way is manually - I meant how do you *like* it to be sorted - the sort button is horrible, I agree
It's mostly traces, commodities, and space and ground sets for myself a few boffs. I don't have space for anything else.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Career Officer
# 6
02-18-2013, 08:23 AM
bank?
Sort button all the way!

inventory, stuff that i keep is moved to the bottom, everything i pick up automatically fills in on top and is sorted out and sold to vendor later.

Account Bank... uhm no system really i just use it often to move anomalies all to one character, have the Gamma Quadrant commodities in there and save my Contraband in there, so my various Chars can grab is as needed.

By now i have all Bank / Account-Bank / Inventory / DOff - Slots maxed out for all 10 characters too (Zen is so cheap at the moment...)
Captain
# 7
02-18-2013, 09:39 AM
I don't have that many slots so I really struggle to keep thing in my bank and inventory...
Commander
# 8
02-18-2013, 09:54 AM
in my bank my best stuff and special items are at the top. from left to right. really rare items go up here, for example, lobi. during events like winter wonderland i will keep stuff up here.

next down is ship weapons by type.

then weapon consoles by type.

next is other consoles organized.

personal weapons.

personal items.

next are "temporary" items i am saving like material from defera.

ship shields are at the bottom. i stack sets again from left to right.

my account bank is used for long term storage, for example, ships i am hoarding in hopes prices will go up.
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Career Officer
# 9
02-18-2013, 10:19 AM
I did much the same thing with the data samples and commodities. Sorted by color, helps to figure out what I'm missing if I run out of any. And I also keep the Contraband in account bank. My Klingon collects it, starts up a "Turn Over Contraband", then deposits in Account bank. I can then switch to Fed, retrieve it, and do the same thing.

Move the EV suits onto Boffs that you don't actually use for Ground. When you find you need them, you can just pull them off those Boffs. This is also the case for any other ground gear you may want to keep handy, but not have cluttering up space.

Unused ships are also a good place to stash ship weapons and gear, but they're a little harder to get to since you need to be at a Shipyard.

What's in my bank, I try to group according to what it is. STF/Set gear is together, and grouped by set. Misc. non-standard gear is together (Breen Rapid Reload and Cluster Torps, Bioneural, etc), as is standard gear (consoles, standard blue/purple weapons) Then I have a row of fun and amusing things like pets and party poppers.
Lieutenant
# 10
02-18-2013, 10:34 AM
I have an enormous pile of samples I'm too lazy to do anything with on the bottom left, above the samples are the regen/spare parts. On the far right is my booze -- if I didn't keep it there the ******n tribbles would drink it all. I swear if any of them TOUCHES my Romulan ale...

... anyway, then up top on the right you got your contraband, your rare goods such as incense and lockets, and leftover skill buffs/doff packs/equipment from lockboxes. Dumped a couple spare tribbles out of harm's way in my account bank.