Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Empire Veteran
Greetings All,

I was watching last week's PodcastUGC and they were discussing possible rewards or incentives that Cryptic should consider adding to the PVP system in STO.

I did not agree with most of the things that were being proposed on PodcastUGC but it did get me thinking about what could be a huge incentive for all players of STO.

Let's say that based on your Characters overall participation in STO events over a set amount of time that you could win a temporary seat on the Klingon High Council or Starfleet High Command.

Let's say that every event or daily that a player completes earns them a random chance to be chosen to sit on the Council or High Command, Foundry Authors could also receive votes based on the amount of plays that their missions get during the chosen time frame.

To go a step further the players that are chosen to hold these temporary positions would also be able to vote on the direction that there faction takes (from a game point of view of course)

Depending on what content the Devs had ready or were willing to implement the players that were sitting on the High Council or High Command could vote on what they?d like to see 1st or perhaps influence the direction of upcoming storylines in STO.

Each Faction could have certain amount of temporary seats that could only be held for one week and would be re- awarded once every month (all past winner's eligible)

Players could gain new titles and accolades from the above system as well.

I think that giving the players a voice (even if it's a pre-determined voice) could go a long way to influence more player participation in Star Trek Online.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-14-2012, 09:40 AM
I totally support the above concept in principle. Give the community more ways to feel like our actions matter, Devs!
Centurion Tenir - R.R.W. Taldor
Legacy of Romulus, Round One Closed Beta Tester

"The Republic may need to work with Starfleet and the Klingons now, but trust neither of them."
Captain
# 3
12-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Let the amount of influence you have over game direction be based entirely on the amount you grind?

No thank you.
Captain
# 4
12-14-2012, 09:53 AM
I am of the opinion that there is only one person that has done all these tasks to help the Federation or Klingon Empire. I dealt a crippling blow to the Tal Shiar, I discovered the Iconians influence on the Undine, I met Q and the Prophets, I dealt with the Devidian threat to the Neutral Zone. So there are not thousands of Vice Admirals. Just a very few Vice Admirals. That said, Politics should be a Reputation addition not something that some players will never see.
Community Moderator
# 5
12-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah, I can't see this making a big difference for anyone, except maybe temporary bragging rights. Certainly not to give a few select players broad powers to affect the gameplay of the rest in any significant way.

As far as I'm concerned, we're under the rule of either Chairman of the Starfleet Chiefs of Staff Admiral Daniel Stahl or we're under the rule of Chancellor D'Stahl. The rest is pretty irrelevant.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 6
12-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Paperwork!

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Career Officer
# 7
12-14-2012, 11:31 AM
/opposed

Sorry, I just cannot get behind this idea.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Captain
# 8
12-14-2012, 11:43 AM
This just in. We will have the level cap changed to level 60 and endgame will be Bureaucracy. Now you get to sit behind a desk and order others to go on fun and exciting missions. Doing exciting Bureaucracy missions will reward exciting new items like new Executive chairs, desks, and interesting art for your office. Finally, you can trade in your office for a bigger office. Be able to attend parties to influence politicians to vote for your 5% Military Spending Tax increase. And lastly, you will be able to personally take command of starships, but the Captain still controls the ship. However, this will be a weekly mission since Admirals are not supposed to be out on the Front Lines.
Lieutenant
# 9
12-14-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't know about your system for choosing seats but I do like the idea of rewarding performance some how.

We need some sort of leaderboard for people to strive for. Whether that leaderboard be called the Klingon High Council or Vulcan Science Commission. Let me know how I'm doing compared to everyone else.

PvP, STF, DOff
It gets old feeling like your grinding for grinding's sake.
Career Officer
# 10
12-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
This just in. We will have the level cap changed to level 60 and endgame will be Bureaucracy. Now you get to sit behind a desk and order others to go on fun and exciting missions. Doing exciting Bureaucracy missions will reward exciting new items like new Executive chairs, desks, and interesting art for your office. Finally, you can trade in your office for a bigger office. Be able to attend parties to influence politicians to vote for your 5% Military Spending Tax increase. And lastly, you will be able to personally take command of starships, but the Captain still controls the ship. However, this will be a weekly mission since Admirals are not supposed to be out on the Front Lines.
That sounds much like my current play experience but with office furniture added.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.