Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Rihannsu
# 11
12-14-2012, 11:51 AM
I dont like the idea proposed.

However I like the idea of players getting a seat on the federation council or the high council, however this should be a personal thing like career progression.

so for example at level 60 when its introduced we could choose to join section 31, join the daystrom institute, become a fleet admiral, join omega force, the vulcan science acadamy etc etc (klingons would have different houses).

each group would have its own rewards and powers. you can join any you wish, and also leave and join another one but you only get to keep the bonus assigned to that group.

Section 31 would be very covert with lots of stealthy abilities, daystrom would be science based, omega force would be anti borg/undine, fleet admiral would be tactical based etc.

this could even stretch to unique doff missions, and doff chains.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Community Moderator
# 12
12-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
so for example at level 60 when its introduced we could choose to join section 31, join the daystrom institute, become a fleet admiral, join omega force, the vulcan science acadamy etc etc (klingons would have different houses).

each group would have its own rewards and powers. you can join any you wish, and also leave and join another one but you only get to keep the bonus assigned to that group.

Section 31 would be very covert with lots of stealthy abilities, daystrom would be science based, omega force would be anti borg/undine, fleet admiral would be tactical based etc.

this could even stretch to unique doff missions, and doff chains.
Okay, but couldn't much of that be handled through new Reputations?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 13
12-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I am opposed to that as well. The reputation system is about the furthest thing from compelling gameplay imo. Another time gated grind that rubs it in your face that it is a time gated grind is not what we need. Again, imo.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
12-14-2012, 12:02 PM
vote for me!

i'll rule the federation with a iron fist.. i'll begin reforms that'll ... bla bla bla long speech here..

Human domiance!!!
Rihannsu
# 15
12-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
yes, im sure it can, but im not specifically thinking of it done in the same way.

I would ideally want you to feel you are apart of this group, to bring out the RPG side of it. if you join section 31 there should be a definite story aspect to it rather than just adding resources and waiting 20 hours for a new power. if you join the daystrom, there should be scientific breakthroughs to be made, or if you join omega force, important battles to be won.

there wont be tiers to work through and you can only be in one at a time unlike the rep system where you can do all of them.

you just join that group. each group has a location somewhere in the galaxy. there are unique doff missions, abilities to buy or simply get straight away, unique crafting missions. perhaps if they are feeling ambitious, even attach some simple story, combat or diplomacy missions to each one. hook the locations up to the foundry, add some NPC's with backstory.

as they wont keep raising the level caps forever, and the rep system can only take you so far, this could be a good, long term way to show the progression of your character, depending how ambitious they want to be with it.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Community Moderator
# 16
12-14-2012, 12:21 PM
I get it. I have a feeling that Cryptic will want to shoehorn it into an existing system, though.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 17
12-14-2012, 01:17 PM
No, I don't believe that would be a good idea.
Rihannsu
# 18
12-14-2012, 01:49 PM
"Damnit, Jim, I'm a starship captain, not a bureaucrat!"

/vote:NO