Career Officer
Is there a Foundry chat channel in game that one could read/ask questions in while making/testing foundry missions?
----
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
12-14-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't know about in-game, but StarbaseUGC keeps an IRC chat here. There are usually a couple seasoned Foundry authors in there who would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

@greendragoon
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
12-14-2012, 12:44 PM
At one time or another there were some chat channels. Problem is that unless you're testing a map there's no chat window, as a consequence they never got a lot of use. A lot of authors congregate in that chatroom on Starbase UGC.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Career Officer
# 4
12-14-2012, 01:28 PM
It would be nice if they added chat functionality to the Foundry, as long as there's some way to minimize it so it wouldn't be distracting if you're really focused on something and didn't want to be bothered.

While we're at it, it would also be nice to be able to invite other Foundry authors to your map to preview it. That seems like it would be a logical extension of having an in-game Foundry chat room.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
# 5
12-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Neverwinter's foundry has the chat in it

http://tavernugc.com/screenshots/#more-63

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan