Career Officer
Do you feel that the developers have done enough to offset your initial reaction to season 7? I like the changes made. Allowing the use of the Omega crate at T0 was very nice indeed. 2 minute cooldowns on rep gear seem much more reasonable (not that I'm interested enough to go for it still). The change to the foundry mission and making it repeatable is of course wonderful for all of us.

Is this enough for you? Do you feel season 7 has been 'fixed'? If not, what more would you like to see changed?
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Captain
# 2
12-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Yes. I believe that the initial growing pains have subsided, and there is a lot of good to be had. I'm still unhappy about what happened to the B'Tran cluster... but eh, maybe we can have it changed back eventually. I am also rather peeved about the EC cost of Reputation, but you can't please everyone.

Other than those too things.... I'm really rather satisfied with Season Seven.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 3
12-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Mechanically speaking, yes. It's easier than ever to get dilith, fleet marks and purple mk xi/xii gear. I'm not a fan of the "grind for two months to get what you already had" in regards to Mk XII set gear, but that's an argument for another thread.

From a trust, understanding and patience perspective, no bloody way. The entire playerbase was flat out lied to, on more than occasion. It takes a long time to rebuild any form of trust when the EP of a game says that XYZ will not happen, and then the next day that's exactly what occurs. Add to that the generally sloppy production quality of the entire update. Abilities are not working correctly, rewards are not working, whole systems were pushed live when the dev team explicitly knew they were not complete. Bugs abound not only in new content, but also new ones were introduced into pre-existing content, many of which have yet to even be aknolwedged despite repeated reporting by the playerbase.
Career Officer
# 4
12-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Let me say it like this:

Season 7 and the follow up repairs are the only Season/patches I have been dissapointed in so since I started playing almost 3 years ago.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 5
12-14-2012, 12:52 PM
My fleet's already moved to other games: GW2, DCUO and TSW are their main homes now, and they're not interested in coming back. I'm only back partially for the winter stuff, but will probably slip away entirely as more grinds are added.
Empire Veteran
# 6
12-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Mechanically speaking, yes. It's easier than ever to get dilith, fleet marks and purple mk xi/xii gear. I'm not a fan of the "grind for two months to get what you already had" in regards to Mk XII set gear, but that's an argument for another thread.

From a trust, understanding and patience perspective, no bloody way. The entire playerbase was flat out lied to, on more than occasion. It takes a long time to rebuild any form of trust when the EP of a game says that XYZ will not happen, and then the next day that's exactly what occurs. Add to that the generally sloppy production quality of the entire update. Abilities are not working correctly, rewards are not working, whole systems were pushed live when the dev team explicitly knew they were not complete. Bugs abound not only in new content, but also new ones were introduced into pre-existing content, many of which have yet to even be aknolwedged despite repeated reporting by the playerbase.
I'm inclined to agree with this post.

For me personally I think that with the recent changes and a bit more time I'll be able to warm up to season 7.

We as a player base have been burned many, many times over by the actions of Cryptic and it's hard not to come to expect shaft with each and every game update.
Rihannsu
# 7
12-14-2012, 01:13 PM
S7 was a mixed bag, i liked the season personally but there were nagging issues that very quickly turned into quite larger issues that overshadowed the season.

the changes over the last month have been very good, and ideally should have been like it from the start, but ultimately i did not lose anything, just a bit of time while it was fixed. im now enjoying the game more than s6.

id like to see pvp finally get some fleet marks added, and a few of the events need a slight buff in marks. (Normal stf's, new romulus, and fleet events), and there are still bugs to fix but overall im very happy with the changes.

so yes it should have been like this from the start, but you cant always make sweeping changes in one go or have it work. they tried some changes, they did not work, they fixed them. im fine with that.

dilithium is especially important to get right as its the games lifeblood. it ties into zen, which is where they make their money, so i understand things take a little time to finally get right.

players often focus too much on the here and now. in a month or two everything will settle down into its new rhythm and we will focus on the next controversial issue.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 8
12-14-2012, 01:16 PM
I love S7. I love the new Reputation system. I quit a while back because the prospect of running Cure Ground Elite 5000 times to get gear ... did not thrill me.

Yeah, there are problems, but big whoop-de-doo. Maybe the bar for me is very low since I also play CO, and, well. STO is lucky.
Ensign
# 9
12-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Yes. I believe that the initial growing pains have subsided, and there is a lot of good to be had. I'm still unhappy about what happened to the B'Tran cluster... but eh, maybe we can have it changed back eventually. I am also rather peeved about the EC cost of Reputation, but you can't please everyone.

Other than those too things.... I'm really rather satisfied with Season Seven.
I am pretty sure B'tran was double dipping for an entire year due to the daily exploration handout. Remember that 3x generic cluster Exploration (repeatable no cooldown) before S5 handed out emblems and B'tran VA also handed out high level emblems by iltself, so when emblems ceased and were switched over to daily dil, you'd end up getting additional dil between the two dailies.

While not as severe as the insta-1440 people were farming with the investigate officer reports dailies, it may have been a faster grind for players not willing to run Elite STFs.
Captain
# 10
12-14-2012, 01:26 PM
I like the changes to the foundry rewards systems. I can spend my time just playing ugc and it rewards me nicely with dilithium, fleet marks, and blue drops.

The other stuff... New Romulus was fun for a few days, but I haven't been back. The only system I participating in my fleet's new embassy. I don't really care about it, but it's a place to contribute the FMs.