Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 65
# 11
12-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
A 1-month estimate becomes a 6 month window. Wonder what the excuse will be when we're in the second half of 2013 with no Andorian ship.
Any sort of explanation about why it is suddenly a possible 6 months away from being finished would be nice. Just keep us in the loop a little bit cryptic. Some of us have literally been waiting years for this.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 716
# 12
12-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenhammand View Post
First half of 2013? Really? This is the same ship that has been promised for almost 3 years. Can we at least see a picture, not to say I think you are blowing smoke up everyone's butts, but something solid would be nice to see.
You probably don't hang around many Ambassador-class fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
I heard that the Andorian ship will be a broadsider where instead of having front and back weapons it has left and right weapons.
They've mentioned a broadsiding ship concept several times over the past couple(?) years. It really doesn't fit with the Andorian's style though (which would be more along the lines of an Escort "all guns forward" approach). I think that concept would be much better suited for a Tellarite ship.

Raptr profile
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 288
# 13
12-15-2012, 01:16 AM
This is extremely disappointing for me.

I was really looking forward to the andorian ship. It sounds like he made the announcement in error, I can understand that. Still doesn't make me any happier about it not coming out next month.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 67
# 14
12-15-2012, 03:03 AM
It will be interesting to see how all this unfolds. I have saved Zen in anticipation for this ship. I have waited along time. I even leveled an Andorian for this ship. We had been told it was going to be a broadsider. In the latest description, it was said it was an escort with alot of guns. I truly hope whatever this "Escort" is they are talking about is not the "Kumari" which is a battlecruiser, not an escort. Wouldnt make any sense to have an escort be a broadsider either. I however am not freaking out yet either. They have said there will be Andorian "Ships". I just hope they dont do something dumb, like give us an Andorian escort, then stick the battlecruiser in a lockbox..
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,184
# 15
12-15-2012, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerstickman View Post
It will be interesting to see how all this unfolds. I have saved Zen in anticipation for this ship. I have waited along time. I even leveled an Andorian for this ship. We had been told it was going to be a broadsider. In the latest description, it was said it was an escort with alot of guns. I truly hope whatever this "Escort" is they are talking about is not the "Kumari" which is a battlecruiser, not an escort. Wouldnt make any sense to have an escort be a broadsider either. I however am not freaking out yet either. They have said there will be Andorian "Ships". I just hope they dont do something dumb, like give us an Andorian escort, then stick the battlecruiser in a lockbox..
Well if they stick any Andorian ship in a lock boxs, The War of Season 7, and The Veteran rewards riots will pale in comparison.

The Vulcan ship, and Catain ship were not lockbox, and doing that to the Andorian...well yeah it will get ugly, and I will not have enough Popcorn in the world to watch that battle.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party


Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 16
12-15-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerstickman View Post
It will be interesting to see how all this unfolds. I have saved Zen in anticipation for this ship. I have waited along time. I even leveled an Andorian for this ship. We had been told it was going to be a broadsider. In the latest description, it was said it was an escort with alot of guns. I truly hope whatever this "Escort" is they are talking about is not the "Kumari" which is a battlecruiser, not an escort. Wouldnt make any sense to have an escort be a broadsider either. I however am not freaking out yet either. They have said there will be Andorian "Ships". I just hope they dont do something dumb, like give us an Andorian escort, then stick the battlecruiser in a lockbox..
They've already confirmed the next Lockbox will be Dominion-themed, so unless the Andorians are defecting I doubt they'd put them in that one.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 67
# 17
12-15-2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Well if they stick any Andorian ship in a lock boxs, The War of Season 7, and The Veteran rewards riots will pale in comparison.

The Vulcan ship, and Catain ship were not lockbox, and doing that to the Andorian...well yeah it will get ugly, and I will not have enough Popcorn in the world to watch that battle.
Amen! I would be one of those fighting as well. I just wish we could actually get some clearcut answers on the Andorian ships.

#1 Which ship exactly are they releasing as the escort?

#2 Which ship is the broadsider?

#3 Can they confirm to us "the people" that these Andorian ships will be in the C-store?

I have asked #3 countless times, even asked mr D-stahl when he was in game once. I have NEVER got an answer from someone at Cryptic on this. Sure ive been told by players, Oh they are Andorians, they will be in the C-store..but its all speculation on the players part.
Untill someone from Cryptic can confirm it, i fear it will be in a lockbox.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 18
12-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
They've already confirmed the next Lockbox will be Dominion-themed, so unless the Andorians are defecting I doubt they'd put them in that one.
You're forgetting that there will be a lockbox *after* the dominion lockbox.

Given that it's getting a bridge, my money says it's going in that one. As far as I'm aware, the only non-lockbox ships to get a bridge were the TOS Connie, and the DS9 bundled Defiant (you didn't actually get a ship, you got a bridge and interior pack on the latter).
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 19
12-15-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerstickman View Post
It will be interesting to see how all this unfolds. I have saved Zen in anticipation for this ship. I have waited along time. I even leveled an Andorian for this ship. We had been told it was going to be a broadsider. In the latest description, it was said it was an escort with alot of guns. I truly hope whatever this "Escort" is they are talking about is not the "Kumari" which is a battlecruiser, not an escort. Wouldnt make any sense to have an escort be a broadsider either. I however am not freaking out yet either. They have said there will be Andorian "Ships". I just hope they dont do something dumb, like give us an Andorian escort, then stick the battlecruiser in a lockbox..
With the way they handled the Akira there is already a precedent for cruiser-weight ships being tagged as escorts. All they need to do is slap a Kumari appearance on the Breen cruiser, let it load cannons (if it can't already, I can't remember off the top of my head) and hey presto, legions of Shran fans are made happy in an instant.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,028
# 20
12-15-2012, 06:30 AM
The andorian ship should have all tactical bridge stations and consoles, and no other bridge stations or consoles of any other type
----
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 AM.