Lt. Commander
# 1 Vesta: Aventine Build
12-15-2012, 02:18 PM
I have been experimenting with builds for my Vesta Aventine for a while now. None have really pleased me, so I have scrapped all of them. I prefer an offensive/DPS style of play. Any build suggestions are appreciated.
Captain
# 2
12-15-2012, 05:42 PM
build it like an excelsior. don't bother with the cannons. have a ready supply of aux bats for the cdr and lcdr sci abilities, the lcdr uni goes tac and the ens engy
Commander
# 3
12-15-2012, 07:58 PM
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...=BatCountry2_0

Use normal cannons and not the aux. Single cannons can work but dual heavies are better with their fire cycle and power drain behavior.

and 3 purple tech doff or your just gonna be a bit disappointed.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
12-15-2012, 08:02 PM
This is a character/ship build that I have planned for my Vesta. I don't have one yet, and likely won't until come January because I kind of waaay over-spent on Christmas this year. But it seriously looks like the ship of my dreams and I can't wait to get one!

Character Skills

Lieutenant
Starship Weapons Training - 9
Driver Coil - 3
Starship Batteries - 9
Starship Hull Repair - 9
Starship Flow Capacitors - 9
Starship Shield Emitters - 3

Lieutenant Commander
Starship Energy Weapons - 6
Starship Projectile Weapons - 9
Structural Integrity - 9
Starship Warp Core Efficiency - 9
Starship Power Insulators - 6
Starship Shield Systems - 9

Commander
Starship Targeting Systems - 9
Starship Electro-Plasma Systems - 9
Starship Impulse Thrusters - 9
Starship Warp Core Potential - 9
Starship Graviton Generators - 6
Starship Particle Generators - 9

Captain
Starship Shield Performance - 3
Starship Inertial Dampeners - 6
Starship Sensors - 3

Admiral
Starship Auxiliary Performance - 9
Starship Subspace Decompiler - 9

Total Space Points Spent - 300,000. This leaves 66,000 for Ground Points. Your ground skill set will likely be different than mine.

Bridge Officer Abilities

Lieutenant Tactical
High Yield Torpedo 1
Beam Target Shields 2

Lieutenant Engineer
Emergency Power to Shields 1
Auxiliary to Structural 1

Commander Science
Tractor Beam 1
Hazard Emitters 2
Viral Matrix 1
Viral Matrix 3

Ensign Tactical
High Yield Torpedo 1

Lieutenant Commander Science
Tractor Beam 1
Tachyon Beam 2
Tachyon Beam 3

Duty Officers
3 Systems Engineers
1 Tractor Beam Officer
1 Warp Theorist

Forward Weapons
1 Fleet Advanced Quantum Torpedo Launcher [acc] [dmg]x3
1 Polarized Disruptor Dual Beam Bank [acc]x2
1 Polarized Disruptor Turret [acc]x2

Rear Weapons
3 Polarized Disruptor Turret [acc]x2

Hangar
Reinforced Shield Repair Units

Ship Parts
Graviton Deflector Array Mk. XII [SubD] [Gra] [FlwC]
Omega Force Hyper-Impulse Engine
Omega Force Shield Array

Engineering Consoles
1 Sympathetic Fermion Transceiver
1 Quantum Field Focus Controller

Science Consoles
3 Flow Capacitor Mk. XII
1 Rule 62 Multipurpose Combat

Tactical Consoles
4 Zero Point Quantum Chamber Mk. XII

My character is a Joined Trill Science Captain with Astrophysicist and Warp Theorist. With this setup plus my 5 efficient Bridge Officers and my power levels set to 35/30/35/100 I should end up with effective power levels of 50/57/50/125. My shield power should hit 72 with EPtS active. With at least 50 in each subsytem and 6 ranks in Power Insulators I shouldn't have to worry about a power drain disabling a subsystem, at least not easily.

The idea is to spam Beam Target Shields, Tractor Beam, Tachyon Beam, Viral Matrix, and High Yield Torpedo on anything that gets in your way. The polarized disruptors have two nice procs on them - the polaron proc should drain over 50 from every subsystem (with over 200 in Flow Capacitors) and the disruptor proc weakens the enemy hull. You won't be doing much damage with your energy weapons, the idea is to DRAIN the enemy shields and then smash them with your torpedoes.

The reason there is a fourth turret in the front is because I will be relying on the energy weapons procs more than I will be on their damage. Procs have a chance to occur once every weapon cycle, and I believe turrets have the fastest cycle of any energy weapon.

I chose to use Quantums because they look like the best non-targetable projectile to use with HY1. Plasmas and Tricobalts would do more damage in theory but I have used them and in practice they are usually an exercise in frustration.

Tetryon Glider is a nice set bonus in combat, plus the Slipstream Cooldown from the Omega Engine combined with the Multi-Mission Explorer set bonus should make sector space travel a breeze.

I know it looks a bit on the squishy side, but ideally you should be able to cripple any single vessel that comes in your way using viral matrix and beam-target abilities. Just don't get outnumbered. Having distribute shields bound to all of your movement keys is kind of a must.

In regards to some of the seemingly bad skill choices, I put 6 ranks in Energy Weapons because that's what my shuttle uses. It's kind of pointless for this Vesta build though. Some other skills the Starship Sensors or Driver Coil I put ranks in because it gives a bonus to Photonic Fleet. Some people scoff at Photonic Fleet, as they think its kind of a joke ability, but I love how it takes aggro off of me when I'm outnumbered in PvE.

This build may be a little un-creative though since you could do the exact same thing in a Fleet Reconnaissance Science Vessel, except without the Multi-Mission Explorer consoles. If you decide you want to take advantage of its ability to mount cannons and stick in a Lieutentant Commander Tactical BOff, then you could definitely try that instead, and if you are a Tactical Captain then you might be better suited to doing that anyway.
Lieutenant
# 5
12-15-2012, 08:40 PM
3x Aux Cannons
1x Phaser beam array aft (for subtargeting w/ maxed flow cap skill)
2x trico mines

borg set is a must for this squishy hull
Captain
# 6
12-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
Forward Weapons
1 Fleet Advanced Quantum Torpedo Launcher [acc] [dmg]x3
1 Polarized Disruptor Dual Beam Bank [acc]x2
1 Polarized Disruptor Turret [acc]x2
...A fore-mounted Turret on a ship with more than 6 turn? You could at least put a single cannon there, if not Dual Heavies...
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Im just using a basic bread and butter build. http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ld=Artemis43_0

But the aux to bat builds work too. I run it on my Korath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hroothvitnir View Post

Use normal cannons and not the aux. Single cannons can work but dual heavies are better with their fire cycle and power drain behavior.

Captain
# 8
12-16-2012, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstonalan View Post
3x Aux Cannons
1x Phaser beam array aft (for subtargeting w/ maxed flow cap skill)
2x trico mines

borg set is a must for this squishy hull
This with full Aux power and a Dispersal P. Beta in Lt.Comm. slot. Works great.

And you'll benefit from nice performance of any Aux dependent abilities.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 9
12-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hroothvitnir View Post

I suggest this ^

I use a similar setup. full DHC + Turrets (for pvp the turnrate is not great, but you will figure something out .
for PVE I suggest 2 grav wells, and only CSV, go for the AoE dmg. you do not lose much on single targets (just be close, with grav wells and pets on intercept you have not to worry about heavy torps), and you gain more on multiple ones

I am not as successful as far as DPS goes with my build, but changing from polarized disruptors to fleet disruptors helped me to stay above 7k dps in stfs
Career Officer
# 10
12-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Also went with normal DHC, Dual Beam Bank and Quantum Torp Wide fore and 3x Turrets aft on my Science build, but use Emergancy Power to Aux for abilities and used the Aventine +15 weapons.

I did a 3x Aux DHC (Scatter Volley 1) and Trico Mine build (DPB2) with a Temporal Disruptor aft (Torp Spread 2) for one of my tacs and OMG is it OP for PVE, using the Vesta +15 Aux (base power lvls 25/75/25/75).
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?