Captain
# 1 Season 7, accountability
12-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Simply put season 7 has seen one blunder after another from cryptic. Something needs to change within the corporate culture soon because it is simply unacceptable for this to continue. The time for excuses is over, the funding is there, the staff is there and they have had time to be trained, the expectations have been tempered, and yet it is still one blunder after another. You have managed to irritate the hardcore players by the promise of new items that are not even in the game yet. The casuals with the difficulty changes and fluctuating economy. The pvp by not realizing how the new stuff would pan out. The fleets that were locked from progression either from boff bugs or lack of fleet marks.

In an era of increased competition and flighty customer bases these level of quality is unacceptable. Someone needs to be held accountable.

I know this may sound overly harsh. But lets face facts there is absolutely no reason the reputation passives that are destroying PvP should have made it live without someone realizing the effect they would have. Items and tech for the reputation system should have been finished when season 7 launched not months later expecting the playerbase to be content with a placeholder item. And I'm not touching the dilithium changes with a ten foot pole as anyone with a moderate amount of MMO economy experience would have done a better job predicting the outcome.
Captain
# 2
12-15-2012, 06:05 PM
It's a good season. You need to climb down off clown mountain and stop exaggerating circumstance. By next Thursday I'd wager the passives will be fixed and you can go back to raging one of the million other aspects of PvP that are haphazard. Go out, have a beer with some friends, spend some time with your family. It's not that big of a deal.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
12-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Simply put season 7 has seen one blunder after another from cryptic. Something needs to change within the corporate culture soon because it is simply unacceptable for this to continue. The time for excuses is over, the funding is there, the staff is there and they have had time to be trained, the expectations have been tempered, and yet it is still one blunder after another. You have managed to irritate the hardcore players by the promise of new items that are not even in the game yet. The casuals with the difficulty changes and fluctuating economy. The pvp by not realizing how the new stuff would pan out. The fleets that were locked from progression either from boff bugs or lack of fleet marks.

In an era of increased competition and flighty customer bases these level of quality is unacceptable. Someone needs to be held accountable.

I know this may sound overly harsh. But lets face facts there is absolutely no reason the reputation passives that are destroying PvP should have made it live without someone realizing the effect they would have. Items and tech for the reputation system should have been finished when season 7 launched not months later expecting the playerbase to be content with a placeholder item. And I'm not touching the dilithium changes with a ten foot pole as anyone with a moderate amount of MMO economy experience would have done a better job predicting the outcome.
LOL! Seriously? In this game? You heard it from the horse's mouth in this month's "Ask Cryptic". He don't want to do any maintenance. He's more concerned with "growing the game", and "moving forward", as he puts it. Curiously, with double the staff, you'd think you'd get double the work. Not around here. Instead you get bellyaches about how that's to hard to do, and stuff that should already be ingame, gets pushed back another year, or two.
Career Officer
# 4
12-15-2012, 06:09 PM
The overwhelming majority of issues S7 had at launch have been or are currently being dealt with. The shield passive is really the only obvious issue that is still outstanding, but you're mistaken if you think they don't know about it and aren't looking at fixes.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 12-17-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
12-15-2012, 08:03 PM
It has been one of the smoothest season launches to date. No complaints from where I am sitting
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 6
12-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
It's a good season. You need to climb down off clown mountain and stop exaggerating circumstance. By next Thursday I'd wager the passives will be fixed and you can go back to raging one of the million other aspects of PvP that are haphazard. Go out, have a beer with some friends, spend some time with your family. It's not that big of a deal.
Don't get me wrong, I am very pleased with the speed of recovery from the blunders. But there should not be so many in the first place. And yes I know that is par for the course for STO but the old excuses they used in the past are no longer valid. To me that means there is a major underlying problem in how they operate. How many times must a bug/exploit be removed (volde, officer reports) only to be reintroduced to be removed yet again? It's getting old. As is the soon(TM).

And yes I am enjoying season 7 a great deal. I do think alot of progress has been made on multiple fronts with this season and overall it is amazing. I just really wish the blunders would slow to a more reasonable pace.

Last edited by bareel; 12-15-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Captain
# 7
12-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Seriously, this is a game where ridiculous blunders (to use your term) that have existed since before launch are STILL present. One of many examples: Fleet/Faction insignia on ships upside down. Canon ships with THOUSANDS of reference photos, drawings, models; even BLUEPRINTS, that have incorrect textures and interiors so out of scale it's astonishing.

I've long since given up on the development team here. Either they're incompetent or they just don't care. If I had been a developer on this game, I wouldn't want anyone to know it, I'd be ashamed.

(I hate to say that, but I call them as I see them).
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Career Officer
# 8
12-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Their not blunders. Their called " Experimental Features. "

As in their trying to get them out but can't get a purple officer yet to do the mission.
LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble.=3
Captain
# 9
12-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
The overwhelming majority of issues S7 had at launch have been or are currently being dealt with. The shield passive is really the only obvious issue that is still outstanding, but you're mistaken if you think they don't know about it and aren't looking at fixes.
The whole design of Season 7 was trash. It made fundamental changes to the game that should never have been made. Even these fixes are not changing the crux of the problem, but are least effort bandaids.

Last edited by bluegeek; 12-17-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Season 7 is fine. Stop complaining.