Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
The Winter Event is almost over, as far as i'm concerned i'm done with it, got a few thousand Romulan marks out of it which will finish the Romulan Rep Systems on all my 10 chars in a few days (just clicking UI buttons every 20hrs now...)

The Omega Rep i need a few more days and STFs to finish Tier 5, then i'll be grabbing some gear in the next one or two weeks after that ...and DONE.

Apart from grinding silly amounts of Fleetmarks and Dilithium to get any fleet project moving at Tier 4(kdf)/5(fed) i don't really see any more reason to log in after that.

I'm DONE with STFs, they have nothing left for me anymore after i got my gear, they are old content, they are plagued with visual glitches that make them unfun to play...
I'm DONE with those 3 Romulan missions... and hell i'm done with Eppoh tagging and New Romulus in general (ok i guess i should go there to see the last 3 story pieces from the tier unlocks at some point... so thats about one afternoon entertainment left).

Soooo whats next?

3 Year Anniversary Event? when is that exactly?

Season 8 is scheduled for MAY, last thing i've heard... just thats just about 4 or 5 months away.
And i have no idea what S8 will be about anyway, all i've heard was the next Featured Episode Series will be released around the time that Season 8 is released... not sure if that is still the plan?

...so nothing really new for 4 Months(?!) apart from 1 token mission to get a free Ambassador Class.

Is there anything i'm missing?

Oh right that Dominion Lockbox!... *yawn*

Anything else?
Lieutenant
# 2
01-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Foundry, have fun.
Career Officer
# 3
01-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Some days I wish I didn't have 6 toons (1 per class per faction) with the reputation grind but now I see it definitely keeps me at least passively logging in. I don't see why everyone zoomed to T5 reputation, I'm at T2-3 on 3 of my toons, the other 3 are Tier 1ish right now.

I'd say focus on alts if you have any, or, yeah Foundry and fleet base grinding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
Silly Rabbit, the Devs don't play the game. That's why they have no idea about the problems.
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-08-2013, 09:46 AM
3 year anniversary in a few weeks.
Something else is planned at the end of winter.
Career Officer
# 5
01-08-2013, 09:51 AM
What's the hurry?

Why zip though the content that fast, when you already know there's nothing new coming till at least February...

Seems kinda silly to me to actually take the fun out of the game on purpose.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Lieutenant
# 6
01-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Anniversary event should be next month. I think a FE was supposed to come with it, but not sure.

They backed up the addition of the Andorian ship to sometime during the first half of this year. I think it was originally supposed to come this month.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
01-08-2013, 09:58 AM
We will soon be seeing the Dominion making more waves in the Alpha Quadrant... I can't wait!

I do STF's all the time, but Hive Space Elite definitely keeps me on my toes.
Career Officer
# 8
01-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Now you have all the fancy gear or will have soon you choose to log out? So acquisition is everything? Why not go use that ace gear on mission replays, Fleet marks events, Foundry missions and generally just hang with your fleet mates?

This post strikes of another "Push button, get bacon, eat, muwhaa I'm bored now"

use your imagination mate, at least go exploring the foundry, perhaps even go make your own missions. There is always a shed load to do with a little thought and imagination.
Captain
# 9
01-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Now you have all the fancy gear or will have soon you choose to log out? So acquisition is everything? Why not go use that ace gear on mission replays, Fleet marks events, Foundry missions and generally just hang with your fleet mates?

This post strikes of another "Push button, get bacon, eat, muwhaa I'm bored now"

use your imagination mate, at least go exploring the foundry, perhaps even go make your own missions. There is always a shed load to do with a little thought and imagination.
We have transwarp now - why can't we go exploring strange new worlds across the galaxy - meet new people and new civilizations - go to new places that no-one in STO has gone before?
Captain
# 10
01-08-2013, 10:21 AM
If you made it a point to grind through the rep system as quickly as you could rather than just taking your time and trying to enjoy yourself, then what you do is what you do whenever you blow through any content as quickly as possible:

PLAY THE WAITING GAME

No matter what sort of content any developer produces, it is never going to be enough or releast fast enough to keep up with those who gotta have everything NOW or ASAP!

I understand why they made the Romulan Reputation system the way they did and tied the New Romulus featured episodes to it. They made the resource requirements and dilithium costs expensive enough for average players to take the entire season almost to complete. If you are one of those (this is too much of a grind and I hope Season 8 isn't like this) people, and you are nearly done or already done with Season 7. then it means YOU turned it into a job and a chore rather than playing it as if it was meant to last the entire season.

If you are bored now, it's on you.

When Season 8 comes out with its (most likely Second Khitomer Accord) reputation that will lilely in turn be meant to last the entirety of Season 8, then maybe you may want to consider going at the pace Cryptic is trying to set.

Casual players under Seasons 6 and 7 won't be running out of goals to complete for a long time. I haven't hit Tier 2 yet on New Romulus, and I am in no hurry. It's not like it's going away...
I am of the opinion that Cryptic cannot because PWE will not...