Ensign
# 1 Forced Missions
12-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Ok, Cryptic... Gimme a freak'n break. I KNOW you're trying to put people into the Romulan system, but FORCING me to go there to do a damned mission I DO NOT WANT TO DO by randomly giving it to me, and NOT allowing me to drop is seriously, SERIOUSLY pathetic.

A> Check your code to eliminate random giving of missions
B> Always allow mission drops to happen

Pick one or both.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1598459/STO/ForcedMission.png
Career Officer
# 2
12-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Is ground combat that allergic to you? Oh, you poor dear.

It IS annoying to a degree, I'll give you that. It should appear unlocked in your mission journal instead, allowing a player to pursue it if they desire.
@HyperLimited
Captain
# 3
12-15-2012, 07:44 PM
It's not random, it's from levelling Romulan rep.

And there's nothing stopping you from simply not doing the mission. It's not like there's a limit on the number of missions you can have or anything.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Rihannsu
# 4
12-16-2012, 03:12 AM
You can't drop it because then you'd have no way of picking it up again. People would complain that they accidentally dropped it and now cant do it at all. If you don't want to do the mission, just leave it there.
Rihannsu
# 5
12-16-2012, 05:40 AM
We dont get a whole heap of new missions every year and while i understand the idea of letting people play the missions they want, i cant quite work out why you would not want to play a new mission that has storyline behind it.

each one takes 10-15 minutes to complete. why not just pay it rather than getting all worked up over it?

EDIT - Although i guess it could get tiresome on alts if you have a few.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission

Last edited by captainrevo1; 12-16-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Captain
# 6
12-16-2012, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
It's not random, it's from levelling Romulan rep.

And there's nothing stopping you from simply not doing the mission. It's not like there's a limit on the number of missions you can have or anything.
What tango said. Just ignore it. I have dozens of missions on my toons that I am currently denying their existence. And it works great for me.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
12-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac76 View Post
Ok, Cryptic... Gimme a freak'n break. I KNOW you're trying to put people into the Romulan system, but FORCING me to go there to do a damned mission I DO NOT WANT TO DO by randomly giving it to me, and NOT allowing me to drop is seriously, SERIOUSLY pathetic.

A> Check your code to eliminate random giving of missions
B> Always allow mission drops to happen

Pick one or both.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1598459/STO/ForcedMission.png
And some people are never satisfied.
Captain
# 8
12-16-2012, 11:52 AM