Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Captain
It would help immensely, if the Officer Exchange Program "assignments" would have a 100% chance of granting a DOff of an equal department and job title. I.e

Green Orion Sensor Officer --> Blue Cardassian Sensor Officer

Don't need to adjust the math for success rates. Just adjust so that when we do an Officer Exchange, we get a new officer that holds the same job as the one being exchanged. Think of Riker as First Officer, who later was temporarily replaced by Kurn as First Officer. Despite Kurn's heritage, he didn't suddenly go over to Tactical Department serving as Chief Tactical Officer.

I make this suggestion based on the following outcome (latest Exchange assignment):

Green Nausicaan Energy Weapons Officer Space

|
|

Blue Dosi Armory Armory Officer Ground

This shows my exchange officer went from Tactical Department, to Security. My new officer should've been a shiny blue Dosi Energy Weapons Officer.
Rihannsu
# 2
12-25-2012, 09:47 PM
lol.... yeah, Bort mentioned that it doesn't work that way. You can't have the routine that generates the outcome look at the inputs.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
12-26-2012, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
It would help immensely, if the Officer Exchange Program "assignments" would have a 100% chance of granting a DOff of an equal department and job title. I.e

Green Orion Sensor Officer --> Blue Cardassian Sensor Officer

Don't need to adjust the math for success rates. Just adjust so that when we do an Officer Exchange, we get a new officer that holds the same job as the one being exchanged. Think of Riker as First Officer, who later was temporarily replaced by Kurn as First Officer. Despite Kurn's heritage, he didn't suddenly go over to Tactical Department serving as Chief Tactical Officer.

I make this suggestion based on the following outcome (latest Exchange assignment):

Green Nausicaan Energy Weapons Officer Space

|
|

Blue Dosi Armory Armory Officer Ground

This shows my exchange officer went from Tactical Department, to Security. My new officer should've been a shiny blue Dosi Energy Weapons Officer.
Be careful, they may take your suggestion and then add a dilithium sink to it.
Empire Veteran
# 4
12-27-2012, 08:51 AM
not a big fan of this idea, if I have 10 extra Shield Dist. doffs, why would I want another Shield Dist. doff back? just to swap the race? the idea is to add diversity, both in race (traits) and profession to your roster, not really to keep stacking up the same profession over and over.
Captain
# 5
12-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bi0f0dd3r View Post
not a big fan of this idea, if I have 10 extra Shield Dist. doffs, why would I want another Shield Dist. doff back? just to swap the race? the idea is to add diversity, both in race (traits) and profession to your roster, not really to keep stacking up the same profession over and over.
The idea, is that an Officer Exchange would grant you the chance of getting a better quality officer, AND a new race with new traits.

But if your fine with exchanging your Tailor, for a Special Forces officer, that's fine too.