Commander
# 11
12-16-2012, 02:07 PM
You need Purple Eng Doffs with Resolve and one of three traits: Stubborn, Cunning, or Efficent, and you can get the cratfing to Purple %24 Blue %51 Green %24 And thats the best you can get it unless you have indrustrilist Krena from the Ferengi Cadra pack, She has Resolve, Cunning, Stubborn and Efficent and with her you can get %25 purple and %23 green. But she is bound so you have to open lots of Ferengi boxes to find her. I spend about 11 mil for 10 powered artifacts and can get about 40-60 mil in consoles out of that investment.
Captain
# 12
12-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Heh well console fabrication is risky.

If you spend 20 million to get 4 purples you could easily end up with RCS, power insulators and countermeassures and what not.

Just because you get a purple doesn't mean it's going to be useful. Even if 3 of them are 6 million and you flop on the last one you are still down 2 million.

As for the regular one in space I've crit on that a lot the past while but they all end up MK X or XI.

Sometimes you can get lucky on the exchange and bet on a item going up depending on the supply and make a huge profit but that's risky too and just like with console fabrication you need to be up there already.

If anyone finds a button to spawn 30 million I'd love to hear about it all the things I've done were mostly hard work outside the occasional luck.
Commander
# 13
12-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Like I posted i spend 11 mil for the 10 Powered artifacs and and I have done that about 10 times and made a profit each time.
Empire Veteran
# 14
12-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
If anyone finds a button to spawn 30 million I'd love to hear about it all the things I've done were mostly hard work outside the occasional luck.
There is no "30M button"; actually it requires a lot of planning to earn such an amount of credits on a daily basis, and consoles aren't the best way to do so. It's a nice addition but you'll need to play on many markets to get that. Or you'll need to get a full harem of alts, which is the most boring way to earn credits. But if you want to feel korean or chinese, go with alts, it's the easiest way.

The first rule is: don't share your tricks.
The second one is: as soon as you find your sweet spot, don't kill it and don't flood the market.
Lieutenant
# 15
12-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admgreer View Post
You need Purple Eng Doffs with Resolve and one of three traits: Stubborn, Cunning, or Efficent, and you can get the cratfing to Purple %24 Blue %51 Green %24 And thats the best you can get it unless you have indrustrilist Krena from the Ferengi Cadra pack, She has Resolve, Cunning, Stubborn and Efficent and with her you can get %25 purple and %23 green. But she is bound so you have to open lots of Ferengi boxes to find her. I spend about 11 mil for 10 powered artifacts and can get about 40-60 mil in consoles out of that investment.
That's been my experience so far. I've got some purple system's engineers but none of them have crit bonuses which saddens me.
Still its the most profitable thing I've found so far for the work.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-16-2012, 07:33 PM
With Doffs you can upgrade 3 whites to one green, and more? 3 greens for a blue, 3 blues for a purple?
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-16-2012, 07:37 PM
I have a powered alien artifact I forget where I got it, maybe a lock box?
Captain
# 18
12-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedman70 View Post
I have a powered alien artifact I forget where I got it, maybe a lock box?
I think the latest lockbox gives them. But, I get all mine from the "Negotiate Delivery of Additional Commondities." mission. That gives you the unpowered artifact. As far as I know the science mission to power it doesn't matter which doffs you use. It gets powered no matter what. The right combo of doffs only matters when you want to make a console.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-17-2012, 08:21 AM
With 10 alts though, you could get 10 powered artifacts a day, couldn't you?
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-17-2012, 08:38 AM
There is a cool down after taking the artifact mission which limits how frequently you can run it.

The mission is not always available the second you are off cool down.

You are not always online when the mission is available.

The three of these combine to reduce the number of artifacts you can gather.