the objectives of the omega force should be expended to any thread that want ti hurt starfleet and kdf. as fare as the star fleet kdf war is mostly over but for a few bush fires mini battles kdf fighting section 31.
dilithium is the main useful currency but dilithiumis not given out with every mission in star trek online.
1) The vocal community would complain they couldn't get to a higher rank if "Captain" were the highest (even if level was 50).
2) What would make it "better"?
3) Everyone can via "Boarding Party" BOff ability. Or do you mean in a non-combat capacity, because you can do that too (since I asked about it in another thread ) Did the Feds get a carrier because the vocal community complained it was not an option before?
4) Star Trek has always been from the Federation point-of-view. Here, Cryptic should get a waging finger from us because they could/should have made the KDF more than they are now. But even Cryptic's City of Heroes didn't start with "villain"-centric content for *years*.
5) Can you imagine the vocal communitiy's complaints if Cryptic forced the players to use faction-only ships?! In fact, since when did the Feds use Disruptors? If anyone thinks Fed players should not use non-Fed ships, then they should accept Feds not using non-phasers-as-weapons as well. Historically speaking, Wermacht soldiers dropped their MP40s to use the Russian PPSH during Stalingrad. It has happened, it can happen.
6) mirror universe. Works well as individual missions but it doesn't make sence to have them flying all over the place (and getting their ships flown by the Feds).
If a mirror ship flew into this dimension they would look around and say "f these guys. They have enough problems".
7) Borg red alerts. 4 times a day + the Borg invade Sirius. You fan fly through the sectors and see Borg ships. IMHO that makes the omega fleet a failure. They are fighting the Borg on the other side of the universe yet the Borg are on their doorsteps.
Yes, admirals doing anything but desk work is silly, but remember - this is Star Trek. The show (and movie series) that had the command crew (all the way up to Admiral Kirk in some films) beaming down to actually do stuff (and get in danger) instead of having them sit on the bridge and tell their crew to do it, like a real command staff would.
edit: furthermore..... It's A Game. (Not only that, it's an MMO, where - unlike a single player game - you can't really have things advance. Stuff has to be kept respawning for the million other players to do. So the fact that Borg still pop up doesn't mean that Omega isn't working. It means that you're playing an MMO. The genre of game where That Huge Dragon Terrorizing The World can be killed and have it's head displayed on a pike in the middle of the city, every hour on the hour. And if that "ruins your immersion" or breaks your RP? Well, that's not going to be fixed. Wrong game. /shrug)