> > > Hi Captains! The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. We appreciate your continued patience! < < <
Jolan tru Captain!
Welcome to Legacy of Romulus!
If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
- The Star Trek Online Team
"Login failed for unknown reason" error
Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
Slow patching in the launcher
A bug that involved Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills once they chose an ally
the objectives of the omega force should be expended to any thread that want ti hurt starfleet and kdf. as fare as the star fleet kdf war is mostly over but for a few bush fires mini battles kdf fighting section 31.
dilithium is the main useful currency but dilithiumis not given out with every mission in star trek online.
1) The vocal community would complain they couldn't get to a higher rank if "Captain" were the highest (even if level was 50).
2) What would make it "better"?
3) Everyone can via "Boarding Party" BOff ability. Or do you mean in a non-combat capacity, because you can do that too (since I asked about it in another thread ) Did the Feds get a carrier because the vocal community complained it was not an option before?
4) Star Trek has always been from the Federation point-of-view. Here, Cryptic should get a waging finger from us because they could/should have made the KDF more than they are now. But even Cryptic's City of Heroes didn't start with "villain"-centric content for *years*.
5) Can you imagine the vocal communitiy's complaints if Cryptic forced the players to use faction-only ships?! In fact, since when did the Feds use Disruptors? If anyone thinks Fed players should not use non-Fed ships, then they should accept Feds not using non-phasers-as-weapons as well. Historically speaking, Wermacht soldiers dropped their MP40s to use the Russian PPSH during Stalingrad. It has happened, it can happen.
6) mirror universe. Works well as individual missions but it doesn't make sence to have them flying all over the place (and getting their ships flown by the Feds).
If a mirror ship flew into this dimension they would look around and say "f these guys. They have enough problems".
7) Borg red alerts. 4 times a day + the Borg invade Sirius. You fan fly through the sectors and see Borg ships. IMHO that makes the omega fleet a failure. They are fighting the Borg on the other side of the universe yet the Borg are on their doorsteps.
Yes, admirals doing anything but desk work is silly, but remember - this is Star Trek. The show (and movie series) that had the command crew (all the way up to Admiral Kirk in some films) beaming down to actually do stuff (and get in danger) instead of having them sit on the bridge and tell their crew to do it, like a real command staff would.
edit: furthermore..... It's A Game. (Not only that, it's an MMO, where - unlike a single player game - you can't really have things advance. Stuff has to be kept respawning for the million other players to do. So the fact that Borg still pop up doesn't mean that Omega isn't working. It means that you're playing an MMO. The genre of game where That Huge Dragon Terrorizing The World can be killed and have it's head displayed on a pike in the middle of the city, every hour on the hour. And if that "ruins your immersion" or breaks your RP? Well, that's not going to be fixed. Wrong game. /shrug)