Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Rihannsu
# 11
12-17-2012, 08:23 AM
last time I looked I saw a bunch around 15k. It's not cheap, but not outrageous.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 12
12-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfamily View Post
What about the Exchange is broken? I keep hearing this. Is this a new thing, or something that's been going on for a while?

The only thing I can think of is that you get lower prices the more specific you get with your filters, which shouldn't matter at all.
And that is what is broken. If you don't use any filters, you don't see all the items, and the items you don't see are the lower priced ones.

It isn't new, has been fixed at least once, but is once again re-broken.
Commander
# 13
12-17-2012, 02:47 PM
I have the same problem - I put them on the exchange, but they never show up (even though I select common/uncommon.) The Exchange has been broken for several months.
Empire Veteran
# 14
12-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadmbambam View Post
I have the same problem - I put them on the exchange, but they never show up (even though I select common/uncommon.) The Exchange has been broken for several months.
They've known about this, too, and yet they've done nothing about it. We still have an exchange that is essentially broken. I say this because I'm concerned about the health of the game. How can you even try to laud a game when one of it's most basic features-the exchange-isn't functioning properly? And that's another thing that confuses me. Why go on creating more systems and features when the ones you've already created haven't been fixed? What's to say they won't continue to put out broken and buggy features without properly fixing them? That's not a winning strategy in my book.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!

Last edited by knuhteb5; 12-17-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Captain
# 15
12-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
If you have those items, pop them in the search bar, and change the rarity to common or uncommon (depending on the ornament). Then search.

But you won't like the prices, I regulary see them all as cheap as 1 mil EC.
Wow, assuming you aren't exaggerating or outright lying, the exchange is indeed broken cuz I'm getting different results than you are with the same search parameters (but I do change the price filters once in a while depending on the situation). I've never seen any at that exorbitant price, not even close. The only price filters I use are "sort by price" or "sort by price per unit", nothing else.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Last edited by deokkent; 12-17-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-17-2012, 06:01 PM
All holiday commodities are under "Reward packs" but you need to either search by dropping the item up the top or changing common/uncommon options.

Also be aware depending where you are depends on what the Exchange shows, for example if I'm in sector space and I go to the Exchange on my bridge it will show different items as to when I'm at ds9 or first city.

The Exchange is also regional so thats why different people are getting different results cause there looking at different exchange regions.

The Exchanges at Earth and Qo'No's will show different prices to ds9, don't believe me go check it out for your self.

While there are parts of the exchange are broken for the most part it does work very well its just a lot of people don't know how to use it and assume its broken.
Empire Veteran
# 17
12-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariseabove View Post
All holiday commodities are under "Reward packs" but you need to either search by dropping the item up the top or changing common/uncommon options.

Also be aware depending where you are depends on what the Exchange shows, for example if I'm in sector space and I go to the Exchange on my bridge it will show different items as to when I'm at ds9 or first city.

The Exchange is also regional so thats why different people are getting different results cause there looking at different exchange regions.

The Exchanges at Earth and Qo'No's will show different prices to ds9, don't believe me go check it out for your self.

While there are parts of the exchange are broken for the most part it does work very well its just a lot of people don't know how to use it and assume its broken.
Ok, oh wise Yoda, if it's regional, then in what region are my beads being posted to when I post them for sale from Q'nos or from the winter wonder land? If I can't find it in the results, does that mean I'm posting it in Q'nos and it's being listed on ESD? If you're so clever at the regions theory, how come we never see devs talking about it? In fact, I've been in two top tier clans and nobody has ever mentioned exchange regions. No idea where you're getting that from.

Edit: I've been searching for the items I've listed from the same console where I listed them. Don't you think I should be able to find them if I've searched for them using every filter known to man?
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!

Last edited by knuhteb5; 12-17-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Captain
# 18
12-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:

It is broken, or bugged or whatever it is... The exchange is definitely not "working as intended". If your theory is true (price variation depending on the region), that would just add to the problem. Also I tried looking for the holiday commodities in the reward packs category. That was way before you even suggested it in this thread, it was actually the first place I looked when I found out I could sell these things. I got absolutely no results in that one but looking under filter "all", everything shows up but probably not the lowest price (another weird quirk of the exchange, not willing to go into the details).
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Career Officer
# 19
12-18-2012, 04:14 PM
We agree the exchange is borked. I've stated many times - and will now repeat - the exchange needs a complete rebuild from the ground up.
Empire Veteran
# 20
12-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
They don't show any at all for me under reward packs.

And I too can't see my postings. I know we used to be able to, that used to be the way to transfer EC between characters.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...