Captain
# 11
12-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
Actually I lost this a couple times. I guess I'm just no good at running, even in video games.
Everyone loses once in a while. Just today I made the stupid mistake of opening my inventory halfway through.

If you're having trouble making the turns, try rolling. You don't slide at all when you roll.

On another note, more often than not Q forgets to spawn a minion for me to race, and I just run it alone. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Commander
# 12
12-16-2012, 07:11 PM
I keep myself entertained by queueing up as soon as possible after someone else starts their race and trying to pass the npc they're racing against.
Rihannsu
# 13
12-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
On another note, more often than not Q forgets to spawn a minion for me to race, and I just run it alone. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Last year I never once had anyone to race. The first few races this year, nothing either. I honestly assumed it was just a "run around the track, get your prize" kinda deal until suddenly other racers started getting spawned.
Captain
# 14
12-16-2012, 10:29 PM
They redesigned the race so that the snowmen can no longer attack you as you run the race.

They also said that the race is supposed to become easier with practice as it's a vehicle to get you to play to claim your free ship.
Empire Veteran
# 15
12-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I like playing this game as it presents challenge. The Fastest Game on Ice presents none. It is far too easy to beat and has now become a chore. Please, Devs, speed up my foes. Make it a challenge that I need to do my best on to succeed. I'm tired of giving them a headstart to make it interesting!!
There, fixed for you.
You can always walk instead of running by the way
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Lieutenant
# 16
12-17-2012, 12:36 AM
I still see some people failing this race out there =(

I keep having fun with the race by trying to beat my best time.

If you goto your logs after finishing the race it will tell you the best time.

Mine is 1:58.

I was really hot during that race, but I could do a bit better. It'd be really neat if we could get our ghost in there like how other racing games have.
Empire Veteran
# 17
12-17-2012, 02:03 AM
Hm no, thanks. I still fail a fair amount of time a day, especially because of lag since the last update. It's not easy and i'm just doing it for the ship, not for the race itself, considering how much i suck at such arcade games.
Commander
# 18
12-17-2012, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overthetopsigh View Post
I still see some people failing this race out there =(

I keep having fun with the race by trying to beat my best time.

If you goto your logs after finishing the race it will tell you the best time.

Mine is 1:58.

I was really hot during that race, but I could do a bit better. It'd be really neat if we could get our ghost in there like how other racing games have.
That's an awesome tipp and idea. Thanks :-)

An elite version with faster NSC would be cool. So that you would have the choice :-) Choice is always a good thing :-)
Captain
# 19
12-17-2012, 02:25 AM
It is easy indeed, but I see it as a symphatatic gesture of Cryptic. Everybody and his/her dog can get the ship now.

I make it challenging by
- giving the NPC a headstart
- trying to overlap the one who started before you
- running at top speed all the way without jumping or rolling, just turn sharp at the right moment.

The animations for sliding and stumbling are gorgeous. My thumbs are up for the devs here.

Finally, if you want a challenge, go to the group race.
Career Officer
# 20
12-17-2012, 05:44 AM
Amazing what people complain about, the race takes between 1:30-1:40 a day, and its a chore now?