Captain
I'm located on wicked fibre backbone. Cable connection inside via a broadband connect with a guaranteed 10MB up/down stream connection.

speedtest.net clocks my connection at near 30 MBs, both up and down. Its for business use, as I can bounce packets from Hong Kong, to London and back through Austin Texas. I routinely monitor activity at server parks on four continents. I am competant in diagnosing my connection.

I KNOW it's not my connection that's the issue. Its not my hardware.

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (125.83 MS) and outright Disconnected from Server happen on a very regular basis. This wasn't always the case.

I get that traffic with STO is gotten better. Season 7 + Winter Wonderland means more traffic for STO. More traffic means better sales.

What I don't get is why paying customers like myself can play a game we actually pay for.

[/END OF VENT THAT FALLS ON DEAF EARS]

Admiral Thrax
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-16-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm having issues too where it is at the point that it is useless to attempt any type of game play whatsoever.. so much testing my new build that I had spent money on. Remind me to stop buying respec tokens
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
# 3 Filed a Support Ticket.
12-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Filed a support ticket with PWE.

Last support ticket I had a response the same day, so I am hopeful I will get some feedback. Maybe it helps to be a paying customer (which I am).

Admiral Thrax
Captain
# 4
12-17-2012, 03:22 PM
The sent the usual 'canned' reply, with eight different things to try. I responded as follows:

What exactly did you try in the information presented to you?

1.) Options > Force Verified --- Tried; time outs and disconnects occur every 1-2 minutes. Unable to play the game.
2.) Disabling on-demand patching --- Tried; time outs and disconnects occur every 1-2 minutes. Unable to play the game.
3.) Reinstalled the latest game client. --- Tried; time outs and disconnects occur every 1-2 minutes. Unable to play the game.
4.) Disabled anything that might impact connectivity; disabled: Google Drive, Dropbox , AntiVirus, Firewall - SAME PROBLEM AS ABOVE. Unable to play.
5.) Installed Process Explorer - nothing is running except 1 instance of the browser, your game client AND normal systems for Win7 64 bit.

What changes to your software did you make?

Other than installing your suggestions, nothing has been done to my software other than routine updates to Win7.

What errors did you get?

Two Errors, SERVER NOT RESPONDING, and Disconnected from Server.

During the login process, it takes 30-60 seconds to load the character launch screen. After selecting a character, it takes 30-60 seconds to load maps - this was usually instantaneous. This is usually where the first disconnect occurs.

I am a paying customer. What can you do for me?
Ensign
# 5
02-02-2013, 02:32 PM
lol this is why i won't spend a cent on the game anymore ).. i have played this on and off since Pre-order... i have to say it's worse now then when Craptic entertainment ran it if that is even Possiable
Ensign
# 6
02-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddesjardins View Post
I'm located on wicked fibre backbone. Cable connection inside via a broadband connect with a guaranteed 10MB up/down stream connection.

speedtest.net clocks my connection at near 30 MBs, both up and down. Its for business use, as I can bounce packets from Hong Kong, to London and back through Austin Texas. I routinely monitor activity at server parks on four continents. I am competant in diagnosing my connection.

I KNOW it's not my connection that's the issue. Its not my hardware.

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (125.83 MS) and outright Disconnected from Server happen on a very regular basis. This wasn't always the case.

I get that traffic with STO is gotten better. Season 7 + Winter Wonderland means more traffic for STO. More traffic means better sales.

What I don't get is why paying customers like myself can play a game we actually pay for.

[/END OF VENT THAT FALLS ON DEAF EARS]

Admiral Thrax
Yep, it's absolutely miserable.

Time to jump over to Steam.