Captain
# 11
12-17-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw a BOP in there.
Was Chekhov wearing a red shirt at one point?
Delta Rising is the best ex... oh sod it, I just want my Jupiter and Typhoon

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it!
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Empire Veteran
# 12
12-17-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm getting the vibe they are going to do a Wrath of Khan Spock death.. considering the blue shirt holding his hand up to the glass on the opposite side of Kirk's. I am excited .
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 13
12-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Wha..........aaaaaa..............aaaaaaaaaaaaa.... ......aaaaa.........aaaaaaaaa.......aaaat.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Career Officer
# 14
12-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Well, the bridge and frequently-visited areas need to look good, at least. The rest of observation is purely preference

And nice observation about the possible theme I still want to know just who Benedicts character is though... because according to the leaked photos/videos from set, Spock and his character have a fight, Spock neck-pinches him, and while he does fall down briefly, he's not unconscious and stands up within seconds.

Seen here, leaked from set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw7xmQ1MVaM (first half of video is just photos)

Khan couldn't do that, genetically enhanced or normal. Gary Mitchell might with godlike powers, but more likely he'd just stop it coming... but never at moment does Benedict's character show eyes of silver, glowing or otherwise.
True, I just think that the 'Apple store' look is awfully bland and flimsy-looking, even plastic-y

If Cumberbatch is playing Mitchell, his eyes don't strictly need to glow for him to have powers, as he was already well above average in 'ESP' - perhaps Abrams is going to use the latent pre-galactic-barrier abilities he had, and he simply found the correct circumstances to acquire or enable/improve upon those abilities. Maybe through some sort of... augmentation? Who knows.

The Bird of Prey was chasing something, so I'm guessing that scene leads up to some scenes we saw in the first trailer where we see some Klingons in combat helmets getting their behinds handed to them by Cumberbatch.

The room full of coffins (stasis pods?) we briefly see two people walking out of, one in white and the other in black (who also looks like a rather large bloke) looks like an interesting scene. Maybe the result of a massacre by Cumberbatch that really sets him up as the antagonist... however they're all 'open' with windows into them. It's around the funeral scene, so I believe it to be misdirection and they're probably stasis pods or something. Which itself hints at an expulsion of an unwanted section of society.
----
Career Officer
# 15
12-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
True, I just think that the 'Apple store' look is awfully bland and flimsy-looking, even plastic-y
Luv your sig

Join Us www.srs-fleet.net
Your Ramming Speed III deals 297019 (421248) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Lusankya
Captain
# 16
12-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
I'm getting the vibe they are going to do a Wrath of Khan Spock death.. considering the blue shirt holding his hand up to the glass on the opposite side of Kirk's. I am excited .
I suspect that's a misdirection. They wouldn't kill off Spock this early into the reboot.

At least, I hope they don't.

Quote:
I agree. Though it's not as plastic-y as the TOS bridge.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
12-17-2012, 12:57 PM
TOS bridge was much more realistic this one contains part of the set from "minority report" and what looks like a photocopier
Empire Veteran
# 18
12-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:

If Cumberbatch is playing Mitchell, his eyes don't strictly need to glow for him to have powers, as he was already well above average in 'ESP' - perhaps Abrams is going to use the latent pre-galactic-barrier abilities he had, and he simply found the correct circumstances to acquire or enable/improve upon those abilities. Maybe through some sort of... augmentation? Who knows.

The Bird of Prey was chasing something, so I'm guessing that scene leads up to some scenes we saw in the first trailer where we see some Klingons in combat helmets getting their behinds handed to them by Cumberbatch.

The room full of coffins (stasis pods?) we briefly see two people walking out of, one in white and the other in black (who also looks like a rather large bloke) looks like an interesting scene. Maybe the result of a massacre by Cumberbatch that really sets him up as the antagonist... however they're all 'open' with windows into them. It's around the funeral scene, so I believe it to be misdirection and they're probably stasis pods or something. Which itself hints at an expulsion of an unwanted section of society.
Well, I think it gives off the 'look' of high-tech, but it's not my favorite bridge Mostly because while it accomplishes the look, it doesn't quite give off the 'feel' of one, at least for me. I like it, don't get me wrong, but yeah.

Though I'm almost beginning to believe that 'John Harrison' really isn't pulling our legs, as far as Benedict's character He's definitely not Khan, and so far we've seen no concrete evidence that he's Gary Mitchell, great strength and ability to resist Vulcan neck-pinch notwithstanding

As for the pods, the built-in windows hint at either stasis pods as you think, or simply a variant of the torpedo tube coffins they shot Spock out of in II... hey, they have Carol Marcus here, and the famous window scene (though I still doubt Spock or Kirk will die, but it will be a tension-filled moment), so why not?
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'. I have nothing against the game/devs, nor any particular wish to talk bad about either, or praise most decisions. Still, it's better to be positive than cynical.
Captain
# 19
12-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
TOS bridge was much more realistic this one contains part of the set from "minority report" and what looks like a photocopier
I agree for the most part. The layout of the TOS bridge is great; it's just the colors and textures that slightly bug me.
Career Officer
# 20
12-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Part of me thinks they're setting up for a Klingon antagonist in the third film.

The first one mentioned them sort of peripherally. Moreso if you count the deleted scenes.

This one appears to be featuring Qo'noS directly as part of the movie. What's more, things are getting wrecked there. By a human.

My bet? Movie three is a rising Klingon warlord who's tired of Romulan time travelers and spuerhumans making a joke of the Klingons. He/She(?) seizes power in the wake of Harrison's rampage and builds an armada over the course of a couple of years, finally leading an all-out attack on Earth. While Spock commands the Enterprise at the head of the Federation's defending fleet, Kirk fist-fights the Klingon warlord on the ground somewhere. Expect fighter craft from both sides because lol Star Wars, but other than that it could easily be the best of the three.