Lieutenant
WTF is the point of playing this game anymore? I mean seriously, as previously discussed, some of us work for a living and don't have time to grind all day to achieve some paltry reward.

So some of us find a great mission that for 20 mins work gives us 980 dil and 50 fleet marks. Great we think, we can finally do some work on the starbase project which has come to a complete stop thanks to greedy PWE/Cryptic. What do i find when i log in? It's gone.

And if PWE think i'm going to get my credit card out, they can think again. STOP TAKING AWAY ways to earn dil for those of us who don't have all day and have suported this game financially for ages. Why do you think people won't spend money? Because you are too greedy, that's why and you treat players with the utmost contempt, PWE/CRYPTIC are the worst at this i swear. All you are doing is alienating those of us who have been regularly contributing financially to your game. We as a fleet haven't spent a penny since S7 came out as there's nothing worth spending money on. Give us a reason to pay and we will, but stop taking away ways to earn dilithium, it's boring and all you are doing is making yourselves look stupid. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!
Founder of the 3rd Foot & Mouth Federation Fleet. Join today!

The Khasi of Kalabar: They will die the death of a thousand cuts!
Princess Jelhi: Oh! But that's horrible!
The Khasi of Kalabar: Not at all my little desert flower, the British are used to cuts!
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargibbon View Post
It's gone.
What do you mean it's gone?
It does not show up on the list anymore?
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Which mission was it? The author may have taken it down to tweak it some.
Community Moderator
# 4 Moved Thread
12-17-2012, 11:09 AM
I have moved this thread from STO discussion to the Foundry discussion subforum, so that the appropriate Devs are able to find the feedback easily.

What was the name of the mission? Are you sure that the author didn't simply unpublish it in order to make changes?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 5
12-17-2012, 11:09 AM
What mission are you talking about? If it's not listed, it's probably been withdrawn by the author. Also, if you're playing with a low-level toon, you may not see the mission that you played yesterday with a higher level toon.

If you mad that it no longer counts for the reward, then it's probably because:

a. either folks were zooming through it thus shortening it's play to no longer count.
or
b. it suddenly suffers from a bug where many mission that take longer than half an hour are somehow not counting.
Career Officer
# 6
12-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Battleship Royal Rumble isn't on the Foundry list anymore. As usual dummies jump to conclusions

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 7
12-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Battleship Royal Rumble isn't on the Foundry list anymore. As usual dummies jump to conclusions
Ah, I see. Go forth OP. Discover what else is out there instead of farming that specific mission over and over and over again.
Captain
# 8
12-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Why would they change the system to reward them and then take away a legitimate mission that meets the guidelines while leaving hundred of others? Just to pee in your Cheerios? I doubt it.
Captain
# 9
12-17-2012, 11:15 AM
When a mission stops showing in the list, it is because the author hit the withdrawal button. In this case, maybe the author wanted to polish it, since, after all, it contains random testing notes to self in the dialogues.

I've never seen Cryptic "take away" a mission. They would change how the rewards work, the limits to the rewards, etc. They wouldn't just pull a mission that doesn't violate the eula.

Last edited by kirksplat; 12-17-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Ah, I see. Go forth OP. Discover what else is out there instead of farming that specific mission over and over and over again.
And what if the OP LIKED that mission, as I do? I LIKE SPACE COMBAT. That's what I like to play, and that mission was PERFECT as it was. It was variable, interesting and I got to shoot things that irritated me.
Closed Thread