Empire Veteran
# 21
12-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Actually im totally sane

anyone who differs significantly from me may not be
And that is exactly why you're not sane... because that's not how the world works, with one person being sane in his own closed-minded image, and everyone else 'might not be'
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Captain
# 22
12-17-2012, 05:08 PM
lets not feed the trollvax, plz...he might start disecting each and every post any minute now!
Go pro or go home
Empire Veteran
# 23
12-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
lets not feed the trollvax, plz...he might start disecting each and every post any minute now!
Oh he will, if he's consistent.

But hey, no one can blame us for trying

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
12-17-2012, 05:10 PM
See you did not grasp it

The "myself" or "me " is subjective

(I studied this many years ago) we all define insane as people who don't think and act as we do

Thus I think people who wear their underpants on their heads are insane
They think that I am because I wear mine on my lower body and UNDER my trousers

freud and Jung were both by any normal definition a little "odd"
Captain
# 25
12-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
He was making a joke that Freud was a "Fraud" - everyone had the complexes that "he" actually had.
Ahh... Oh well, I don't take either of them seriously...
Captain
# 26
12-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Alright - back on the topic of grinding - or the constantly doing the same thing over and over - regardless of "expecting a different results" - is it sane to grind over and over?

I see Bluegeeks point how this thread could go down hill fast - so I hope the Trek21 and Sollvax battle ends now.
Empire Veteran
# 27
12-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Alright - back on the topic of grinding - or the constantly doing the same thing over and over - regardless of "expecting a different results" - is it sane to grind over and over?

I see Bluegeeks point how this thread could go down hill fast - so I hope the Trek21 and Sollvax battle ends now.
Calling it a battle is not nearly an accurate word lol. It's more like two black holes trying to suck the other in while being out of reach of the other: neither gets anywhere, but they can't help it.

Though I at least try to understand opinion's, or to quote Data, "aspire to be better than I am". He does not, in either case... but I'll stop there about him; that's been enough for now.

And is it sane? If grinding takes over your entire life, then yes. But doing so in moderation seems perfectly all right

Last edited by trek21; 12-17-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Captain
# 28
12-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Alright - back on the topic of grinding - or the constantly doing the same thing over and over - regardless of "expecting a different results" - is it sane to grind over and over?.
I'd like to point everyone towards our sister MMO Perfect World. Get yourself to level 20, go to the main city, and when you get sick of it after a week come back and tell us about "grind"
# 29
12-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Quantum physics is something that only exists in the minds of scientists
Its theory only
I know I'll regret engaging in this because I know that you'll reply with a post full of your typical brand of stupid... But one of the things about scientific theory is that in science "theory" means, "Despite all of our efforts, we haven't been able prove this idea is rubbish. Until we do, we must accept it as true."

And since they've been failing to prove it rubbish for, oh, about a century now, its as close to being true as you can get. There's more to it than this, but perhaps if you go to a library one day and stay out of the woo books, you may learn something.
# 30
12-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Mind you, if you're thinking of Deepak Chopras version of "quantum", yes. Thats a load of crap.