Lieutenant
ive been considering getting one of the embassy +threat consoles for my eng VoQ tank, and im kinda stuck on which proc i want to choose. i was thinking either the hull or the shield heal on an emitter console so my question is, can anyone tell me if either of these procs are worth it? are either of the heals that noticeable? and is, both the + and - threat, really all that noticeable? appreciate the feedback guys and thanks ahead of time
Captain
# 2
12-21-2012, 06:46 PM
The hull heal is pretty noticeable when it procs, and it procs at a pretty decent rate when under heavy fire. The +Threat is pretty noticeable and few things can pull the threat from my Fleet Tor'kaht unless I have to pull away, and that's with nothing in the skill. The -Threat isn't as big, but it can take the threat off my Fleet Scourge if I remember to stay back a bit.

If you want more Threat, you might consider the plasma proc one, as plasma burn brings in a fair bit of threat. On my Fleet Scourge I accidentally picked it up on (I'll replace it once my fleet gets to Tier 2 Diplomacy), it doesn't proc often, but a beam boat or single cannon/turret boat should proc much more than the DHC and torp fore boat I have it on.
Captain
# 3
12-21-2012, 08:12 PM
My fleet mate said the shield heal never procs for him.

I picked up the Plasma DOT, and in combat, it says my weapons do .03 plasma damage per second for 15 seconds. Yes.... 0.03.

On the ground, it says 26 plasma damage per second for 15 seconds.
Career Officer
# 4
12-21-2012, 08:39 PM
But those Threat consoles are 3-in-1, so instead of a generic science console, you are getting a science console with better stats than a mk12, plus a proc of your choice, as well as an ability to increase or lower your threat.

So even if the proc is weak, it's still a good deal.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Captain
# 5
12-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
But those Threat consoles are 3-in-1, so instead of a generic science console, you are getting a science console with better stats than a mk12, plus a proc of your choice, as well as an ability to increase or lower your threat.

So even if the proc is weak, it's still a good deal.
But, it really comes down to console space. There just isn't enough of them.

I'm getting rid of my MACO shield soon, so I'm going to have to lose one of my console slots I use to swap out consoles depending on the situation. That just leaves me with one more to use.

For the time being, I'm going to use the the Power Insulator Embassy sci console once I get rid of the MACO shield.
Lieutenant
# 6
12-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
I picked up the Plasma DOT, and in combat, it says my weapons do .03 plasma damage per second for 15 seconds. Yes.... 0.03.

On the ground, it says 26 plasma damage per second for 15 seconds.
.03 dps ? wtf?!
Captain
# 7
12-24-2012, 04:24 AM
Yeah, 0,03 dps means somethings wrong with your char, I think.

For instance, when I have mine equipped, it tells me that my weapons proc 76.1 dps/15s
Career Officer
# 8
12-24-2012, 08:07 AM
no, I had the same thing happen to me. it was only on certain weapons the damage proc was wrong. I was using spiral wave disruptors on one of my toons and it said the plasma proc was .04 per sec, I posted some screen shots in the bug reports on this. however, after the recent patch, it seems to have been fixed... at least for the spiral waves.
Captain
# 9
12-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
Yeah, 0,03 dps means somethings wrong with your char, I think.

For instance, when I have mine equipped, it tells me that my weapons proc 76.1 dps/15s
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
no, I had the same thing happen to me. it was only on certain weapons the damage proc was wrong. I was using spiral wave disruptors on one of my toons and it said the plasma proc was .04 per sec, I posted some screen shots in the bug reports on this. however, after the recent patch, it seems to have been fixed... at least for the spiral waves.
I'm using phasers. And it's still not fixed.
Career Officer
# 10
12-24-2012, 04:52 PM
you may wanna post a bug report on it... I wanna say I tried it with a white phaser cannon weapon I had in my inventory and it showed that as well. cant say for sure though.