Lieutenant
# 1 What's New?
12-18-2012, 06:12 AM
I stopped playing back when the bridge still had the crew member bug.

What are all the new things that have came out since then?
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-18-2012, 06:16 AM
Been playing since beta and have no idea what bridge bug you are talking about.

Now, as a starfleet officer you can fly in a tholian, Jen hadar, Breen, ferengie, and carsassian ship.
So if an obscure bridge bug broke your immersion...
Lieutenant
# 3
12-18-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Been playing since beta and have no idea what bridge bug you are talking about.

Now, as a starfleet officer you can fly in a tholian, Jen hadar, Breen, ferengie, and carsassian ship.
So if an obscure bridge bug broke your immersion...
I didn't stop playing because of the bug.

I was just using that as a marker for the time frame.

It was a bug where multiple copies of your crew members were in the bridge.
Empire Veteran
# 4
12-18-2012, 06:25 AM
No idea even that was. Nobody goes to the bridge. Dates are a better indicator.
Commander
# 5
12-18-2012, 06:30 AM
I think he's talking about the bug that made all your boffs on the bridge look the same. You would have multiple copies of the same 2 or 3 Boffs. That has been fixed . but there is still a problem on Klingon ships that makes all the NPCs wander around in one confined space. It looks like a shopping mall on Christmas eve.
Career Officer
# 6
12-18-2012, 10:23 AM
So much has changed, I doubt anyone has the time or patience to put it all in one post. The best way to go about it is get your old character and pick up where you left off, or roll a new character and experience the game from the begining again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
No idea even that was. Nobody goes to the bridge. Dates are a better indicator.
Speak for yourself, bucko. Plenty of people I know enjoy hanging out on the bridge between mission cooldowns.

As it stands, that bug was fixed a long time ago! The game has had it's ups and downs since then, but I think I can carefully say the game is slowly improving.
Centurion Tenir - R.R.W. Taldor
Legacy of Romulus, Round One Closed Beta Tester

"The Republic may need to work with Starfleet and the Klingons now, but trust neither of them."
Rihannsu
# 8
12-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman650 View Post
So much has changed, I doubt anyone has the time or patience to put it all in one post. The best way to go about it is get your old character and pick up where you left off, or roll a new character and experience the game from the begining again.
Easy to fill this

The changes so far are

1) we have the duty officer system, this is like a trading card game system... its not really that exciting but a lot of people get a kick out of it.

2) Fleet starbases, where fleet members get to gather an absurd amount of resources in the hopes of some items.

3) The romulan and omega reputation systems, they are pretty much a mini version of the fleet starbase system.

As for mission changes we have had the dominion themed "2200" featured episode series, all the STF's have been chopped into ground and space versions and we have a new sector block with a pile of really poor space patrol missions, a handfull of missions that are unlocked with the romulan reputation tiers, and we have some new fleet actions... nothing really that awe inspiring....

There have also been some other changes here and there, but most of them were "screw you"'s to the player base to make us grind more for less....

And thats pretty much most of the major changes explained
-----------------------------------------------

HHMMMMMmmmmm, Pizza !!!!!
Career Officer
# 9
12-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Patch notes are your friend.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 10
12-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
Patch notes are your friend.
And this page: http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/gameupdates

Welcome back!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment