Career Officer
# 1 Kompleting the Klingons
12-18-2012, 01:46 PM
As is always the case, there are threads still going up about a third faction, and in those threads, you've always got people commenting on the fact the Klingon faction remains incomplete. Old news, but truth all the same. Anyway, thought I'd start up a thread on that unfinished faction and ask what it is, specifically that needs finishing.

• Ground Combat ~ Armour and Kits. Check!
  • Tutorial Missions. Check!
  • Level #1 to Level #23. Check!
  • Specific Klingon-focused Campaign. Check!

Edit #1
  • Full PvE and PvP Content. Check!
  • Klingon-focused introduction (video) to the game. Check!

Am I missing anything?

Additional Klingon ships and costumes (although desired) are not a necessity to completing the Klingon faction. The Klingon choice of attire is always going to be limited anyway, there's no changing that because of who they are. A few more character costumers and ship skins would be nice too, this I will not argue, but they're hardly essential for this purpose.

Last edited by flash525; 12-18-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Update #1
Career Officer
# 2
12-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Klingons still need low level PvE content, so they can start out at level 1 just like Feds. They also need an intro, like the feds have, so new players can start with them instead of the Feds if they so desire.

All new factions should be mini-factions that start at commander like the Klingons do now, I hope in this order:

1. Romulans.
2. Ferengi/unaligned.
3. Cardassians.
4. Whatever is left, maybe Borgs or Hortas, or Udine.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-18-2012, 03:05 PM
I think you got all the bases covered.

Honestly, I think they should get the help of some of the more renowned foundry authors to help with the Klingon campaign. They have some real gems in there already--like the Fek'Lhri campaign, but the rest is so dull and un-fulfilling..
Career Officer
# 4
12-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
Klingons still need low level PvE content, so they can start out at level 1 just like Feds. They also need an intro, like the feds have, so new players can start with them instead of the Feds if they so desire.
I did forget about the PvE & PvP content. That has now been added to the list, in addition to the video thought (a good suggestion by the way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
All new factions should be mini-factions that start at commander like the Klingons do now, I hope in this order:
Whilst I can appreciate people discussing that third faction (I'm rooting for a Tal Shiar/Obsidian Order Hybrid myself) lets leave that talk for the other threads and keep this one about the Klingons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunjee View Post
Honestly, I think they should get the help of some of the more renowned foundry authors to help with the Klingon campaign. They have some real gems in there already--like the Fek'Lhri campaign, but the rest is so dull and un-fulfilling..
Yeah, you're probably on to something, though would you expect foundry authors to do it for free? Would you reward them? Credit at least should be displayed. The problem is, would Cryptic/PWE allow outside interference? Would foundry authors be comfortable telling a story when having to follow a script (Cryptic would need to write out some guidelines for any potential stories) else we could have the Klingons aligned with the Vidiian, fighting the Kazon on Risa whilst wearing Clown Suits.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Reward the foundry authors with:

1) Credit, of course.
2) Ingame currency of their choice -- It's free to Cryptic and the authors would probably be happy.
3) Zen -- Same as above.
Career Officer
# 6
12-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunjee View Post
Reward the foundry authors with:

1) Credit, of course.
2) Ingame currency of their choice -- It's free to Cryptic and the authors would probably be happy.
3) Zen -- Same as above.
It works. Zen is already given to lifetime subscribers, and energy credits can be gained relatively easily. All sounds good, so long as Cryptic could get the go-ahead from PWE/CBS and all other parties involved. Least it would free up time for them to work on other projects, along with Season 8.
Ensign
# 7 Klingon faction.......
12-18-2012, 08:53 PM
I am a returning Klingon player, hailing from way back in the beta/launch. I played beta and +6months then left when my forum account got some love from the Cryptic love bat for being quite vocal about them "misleading" us etc. I have now returned to check out the state of the game having jumped ship from SWTOR and I really do hope there have been some good changes, but I would not hold out ANY hope of them finishing the Klingon faction at all. For one, MOST if not all of the dev team who were responsible are no longer employed....
Empire Veteran
# 8
12-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Aside from what the OP has mentioned, which I totally agree with - on a cosmetic side of things - I am hoping that they implement a brighter color hue for the tailor. Unlike the Federation, the color scheme seems to be alot darker.

Also, new uniforms with a basic look is desired - I am not speaking of those shoulder pads etc accessory, but base line uniforms.

Patterns, designs etc...

On a different note, Fleet Insignias need more customization.