Career Officer
Is there a way to trigger animations upon objective/component completion?

i.e You complete an objective (defeat a dahar master) and suddenly everyone around you cowers? Or you talk to an NPC, and suddenly they fall down?

I'm full of questions today, sorry
----
Career Officer
# 2
12-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Sorry this is not possible

EDIT: Being full of questions when starting the foundry is normal. If you're looking for more real-time answers click on the link on my sig to head to starbaseugc.com and then click on chat. There's usually people in there who will be able to answer any questions you have.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 3
12-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Couldn't you replace the mobs with identical mobs that have a different idle animation?

Granted, I think you might get a weird 'beam in' effect... But worth a try.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
12-18-2012, 12:43 PM
You would definitely get the beam-in effect.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 5
12-18-2012, 01:14 PM
There would also be no way to spawn the replacement mob over the initial one unless they were fully contained within invisible walls.
Career Officer
# 6
12-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Use a group of neutral targs reskinned as the NPCs you're replacing, and place them in the exact same location as the NPCs you're replacing. Set the others to disappear at the same time the neutral targ group appears. Neutral targ groups don't have a beam in animation (the single neutral targs do), so the transition will be more or less seamless.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
# 7
12-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Thank you
----
Career Officer
# 8
12-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
Thank you
One word of warning, neutral targs are only neutral to Federation and Klingon faction (Klingon faction includes Gorn, Orion, Nausicaan). So, if you use another enemy type, the neutral targs will attack them.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
03-25-2013, 04:00 PM
This also works for ships. You can have a ship decloak, then replace it with an exact same ship, which then warps out, after a specific dialog.