Commander
# 11
12-20-2012, 12:17 AM
I can't remember have we gotten a a big update that was nothing but bug fixes and balancing? Seems like there was one right after launch, but that was too long ago for me to recall.
Commander
# 12
12-20-2012, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris5150b View Post
I miss COH, I was a beta tester....
Nice. I got into it back in issue 6, just after the GDN and ED, dark times I was told. My wife and I both had multiple accounts by the time it got canned >.<

Oh in reguard to my first post in this thread, I was only joking. Its a real shame it never saw the light of day.

I personally, haven't run into many bugs in STO (heck I did the shuttle mish on new romulus first time) , however I know they are all over and I also agree that a little house cleaning would (and always should) go a long way
Captain
# 13
12-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Season 8 is supposed to be about KDF content (finally!), but I'm sure they'll throw in the usual slate of bug fixes and introduce new bugs to compensate

But yeah, maybe they could devote Season 9, 10, or 11 to this. Or schedule more downtime to clear out big issues.

Maybe, just maybe, they could fix Ker'rat. You know, the space adventure zone that still has stretching borg, borg and player ships getting stuck in structures, borg that zoom all over the map, invisible Borg ships. . .along with the 'working as intended' feature of the zone resets, which dump everyone onto the same spawn, resulting in a huge lag-inducing melee.

Yeah, and maybe pigs will fly.
Captain
# 14
12-20-2012, 04:11 AM
Considering it wouldn really make that much diffrence when comparing to past seasons, I think this might even be a viable solution.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 15
12-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
I am glad that a fair amount of content has been added at long last; but the bugs are starting to pile-up. and I, for one, would really appreciate it if Cryptic dedicated an entire season patch to simply fixing them and generally cleaning up code. Old bugs come back; many are mitigated but not eliminated, etc.

While I obviously can't speak for the entire community I suspect a lot of people would be very happy if a major effort went into simply fixing everything before moving on.
I think that we all would love to see this happen !!

However they (PWE) can only see the short term and if it makes them no money they dismiss it..

In the long term this idea would make them plenty of money , I for 1 have started playing swtor and will not be comming back as a full time player untill this all gets fixed.
Super Moderator
# 16
12-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Season 8 is supposed to be about KDF content (finally).
Whoa, there. I've only read that Season 8 was going to be focused on content and that KDF content is going to be a part of that.

I'd hate for people to get the idea that Season 8 is only about KDF and then find out that's not the case. Let's hold off on that kind of a pronouncement until the Devs are more forthcoming about the details.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 17
12-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Whoa, there. I've only read that Season 8 was going to be focused on content and that KDF content is going to be a part of that.
Well, then how about some de-bugging? It will have to happen sooner or later and if they wait until things start breaking down en mass it could be too late.
Captain
# 18
12-25-2012, 04:28 PM
That would be a fantastic idea if they want to lose populations over the duration of 6 months. Nobody is coming back to the game for bug fixes.
Super Moderator
# 19
12-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Well, then how about some de-bugging? It will have to happen sooner or later and if they wait until things start breaking down en mass it could be too late.
It's not like they plan for bugs to happen. The sad fact is there is no such thing as a 100% bug free MMO. Unless it's shut down then it's no longer buggy.

Bugs come and go, it's a fact of MMO's. One change could ripple and break other things that were never intended and some bugs can only be seen with thousands of players testing.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-26-2012, 02:49 AM
Quote:
I am glad that a fair amount of content has been added at long last; but the bugs are starting to pile-up. and I, for one, would really appreciate it if Cryptic dedicated an entire season patch to simply fixing them and generally cleaning up code. Old bugs come back; many are mitigated but not eliminated, etc.

While I obviously can't speak for the entire community I suspect a lot of people would be very happy if a major effort went into simply fixing everything before moving on.
I agree with your assessment, along with many bugs that were only around in or at launch that i have seen started to come back and i send in bug reports to simply not doing it anymore as i dont think anyone listening and apparently iam right.