Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 58
# 11
12-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
They knew it would work exactly as it does. It's just players (mostly PvPers) complained bitterly about it. And as such, they decided to nerf it. I still don't get what the big hullaballoo is about. You still get to blind a target every 12 seconds. What's the big deal?

Also as for making a build that keeps your shields up for all eternity? That's easy, I can do it with 2 BOff abilities and a monkey wrench (or a monkey with a wrench). However having a build that can do that, heal OTHERS well, and still put out decent damage, now that sir, takes skill.
Thats speculation, I have not seen a single player complain about this in PvP. PvP should be given a back burner in this game anyways, it's pointless because of a lack of rewards and nobody developing content for it.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 58
# 12
12-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
They knew it would work exactly as it does. It's just players (mostly PvPers) complained bitterly about it. And as such, they decided to nerf it. I still don't get what the big hullaballoo is about. You still get to blind a target every 12 seconds. What's the big deal?

Also as for making a build that keeps your shields up for all eternity? That's easy, I can do it with 2 BOff abilities and a monkey wrench (or a monkey with a wrench). However having a build that can do that, heal OTHERS well, and still put out decent damage, now that sir, takes skill.
Because your in a shield boat and I am in a DPS boat, I know it's funny when we explode but you still need us to work horse through group missions, since most of you shield boat guys are stingy on the heals even though your DPS is terible.. Also we DPS boats get the agro, it's VERY fantastic to have an ability that disrupts sensors for all these reasons.

10 seconds of taking DPS may not seem like a lot to you but I assure you in a ship with 30k hull and .90 shields, and only 2 slots of engineer and 2 of science, this is a very neccassary power as it is unaltered.

Last edited by anomalousx; 12-19-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 58
# 13
12-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Also all you commenters that are rushing to deffend the nerf- What is your deal? Do you not understand what 'Theft of Services' are??
I rendered a service in the game by subscribeing and completeing mini-tasks for a reward. The reward issuers who promised the reward for my efforts want to change it to a less fantastic reward. THAT IS THEFT.

So before you start decideing to try and explain why 'theft is okay' could you think about it first maybe? Take into consideration my point of view perhaps?

Your not going council me into changeing my opinion of right and wrong. And certainly _certainly_ not when trying to take back reward I've earned and switch it with a dud.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,261
# 14
12-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
This just means you will have 12 seconds between blinding your target. I don't see the problem since the chance of blinding the target is already low enough that it will probably be 12 seconds or more between when you are blinding them anyway.

If I were you I would be complaining more about the unnecessary nerf on the superior shield regen.
It's NOT A NERF-it's a bug-one that was acknowledged-in which it was kicking six times as fast as intended.

Seriously, engage in some reading comprehension-the description said "Six seconds" on that, but it was kicking once per second-this equals the t4 shield regen is bugged-a bug not caught because when it was on Tribble, before S7 launched, it took so long to get there nobody in the testing (not even the guys who entered it the same day it began) could reach the level and SEE that performance did not match description.

as for the change to the placate, that's a PvE balance issue-players can run Science team and clear it, so it's not PvP people driving this one either.

Oh, and further-if the PvP community had the kind of leverage/swing you're tinfoil-hatting over, don't you think we'd have seen some damn development in PvP for the last, oh....three years or so?

Get a grip, tinfoil's for wrapping food, not heads. the PvP community NOTICED and discussed it first, but eventually it WOULD have been noticed without them, you're whining over losing an Exploit, not hving a good power nerfed.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
# 15
12-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalousx View Post
Also all you commenters that are rushing to deffend the nerf- What is your deal? Do you not understand what 'Theft of Services' are??
I rendered a service in the game by subscribeing and completeing mini-tasks for a reward. The reward issuers who promised the reward for my efforts want to change it to a less fantastic reward. THAT IS THEFT.

So before you start decideing to try and explain why 'theft is okay' could you think about it first maybe? Take into consideration my point of view perhaps?

Your not going council me into changeing my opinion of right and wrong. And certainly _certainly_ not when trying to take back reward I've earned and switch it with a dud.
I'm not going to try to change your opinion of right and wrong, I'm just going to let you know that Cryptic has been in the wrong on this subject repeatedly. The most recent was a "typo" in the I.D. skill description. It does not do what it says it does. "Whoopsie" from the devs, and respec? Nope.

This isn't the first, won't be the last. They have changed things, and they have even admitted that things are not as advertised after the fact, but have never given a respec for it. Most other companies will give a respec after a balance pass, to say nothing of an actual mistake in the skill tree. Not so with Cryptic.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,628
# 16
12-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
It's NOT A NERF-it's a bug-one that was acknowledged-in which it was kicking six times as fast as intended.
Its a nerf because it says 50.1 every 6 seconds as before it was 1000.

Bug was it ticking every second yes but we gone from 1000 every 6 seconds to 50 to every six seconds as its what the text says, its worthless and I am done with the lame reputation powers since apparent Cryptic's idea of "fun" is being "worthless that does barely anything" ... and all because PvPers are the loudest whinner bunch there is, we cannot have nice things with then around.

I say this, MMO that separated PvP entirely from PvE did the right thing.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,477
# 17
12-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Its a nerf because it says 50.1 every 6 seconds as before it was 1000.

Bug was it ticking every second yes but we gone from 1000 every 6 seconds to 50 to every six seconds as its what the text says, its worthless and I am done with the lame reputation powers since apparent Cryptic's idea of "fun" is being "worthless that does barely anything" ... and all because PvPers are the loudest whinner bunch there is, we cannot have nice things with then around.

I say this, MMO that separated PvP entirely from PvE did the right thing.
You're looking at your shields on the ground. It's closer to 2-300 per 6 seconds.

And as someone who flat out refuses to PvP I can say to you with a completely straight face, that ships being effectively invincible against anything short of ESTF Borg bosses was not a good thing.

That being said, fixing what was broken, and then piling on a massive nerf was not the way to go.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 37
# 18
12-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
They knew it would work exactly as it does. It's just players (mostly PvPers) complained bitterly about it. And as such, they decided to nerf it. I still don't get what the big hullaballoo is about. You still get to blind a target every 12 seconds. What's the big deal?

Also as for making a build that keeps your shields up for all eternity? That's easy, I can do it with 2 BOff abilities and a monkey wrench (or a monkey with a wrench). However having a build that can do that, heal OTHERS well, and still put out decent damage, now that sir, takes skill.
^Poster is correct. The STA and Superior Shield Augmentation were designed to be top tier abilities for use against the newer 1st generation NPC's, such as the Borg Cube swarm and the Borg Queen Diamond. I dislike the fact that PvP'ers, who do not buy into the game as I and many others have, are the ones griping about these abilities, when they were MUCH more powerful on the Tribble server during the testing phase! They were decreased multiple times, and now a small, generally unseen, but vocal minority demands that such abilities are reduced to near uselessness.

Unfortunately, the STA was also designed so that an Escort, or anyone else with even a decent critical chance build, would be better able to aid in covering other players, this will no longer occur. This game is slowly turning into WoW, where everything is easy mode. Folks, the end game enemies are supposed to be brutal, unrelenting, and always have a chance at 1 shotting you and whatever you're in. If you don't like it, be constructive about HOW changes should be made about a particular ability, not scream for it to be nerfed and nerfed so you don't have to change your build, your consoles, or your playstyle.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,261
# 19
12-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arxial View Post
^Poster is correct. The STA and Superior Shield Augmentation were designed to be top tier abilities for use against the newer 1st generation NPC's, such as the Borg Cube swarm and the Borg Queen Diamond. I dislike the fact that PvP'ers, who do not buy into the game as I and many others have, are the ones griping about these abilities, when they were MUCH more powerful on the Tribble server during the testing phase! They were decreased multiple times, and now a small, generally unseen, but vocal minority demands that such abilities are reduced to near uselessness.

Unfortunately, the STA was also designed so that an Escort, or anyone else with even a decent critical chance build, would be better able to aid in covering other players, this will no longer occur. This game is slowly turning into WoW, where everything is easy mode. Folks, the end game enemies are supposed to be brutal, unrelenting, and always have a chance at 1 shotting you and whatever you're in. If you don't like it, be constructive about HOW changes should be made about a particular ability, not scream for it to be nerfed and nerfed so you don't have to change your build, your consoles, or your playstyle.
Take the tinfoil out of your hat-Cryptic's got a long, valiant history of ignoring the PvP community entirely. It's not OUR fault your exploit got taken away.

If the PvP Community had the kind of power you are suggesting? Where's the development of new PVP material? the additional maps, the updated scenarios?

They don't exist. Hell, Cryptic can't be arsed to fix the ongoing, constant-bugged Ker'rat map with it's occasional bouts of stretchy borg cubes and the broken respawn point...which is something that's been there for YEARS.

wipe your tears away and realize that what you are mourning is something that was broken because it wasn't tested before it hit the live server, something that wasn't working as described, something that came to you pre-broken with a fix already on the way the second the dev team realized they made a math error.

STO is n't a single-player game where "Godmode" is a good idea-it's a massively multiplayer game, and that means you have to endure the fact that there is no button-masher's "I Win" codes, and just deal-if you can't build a decent Cruiser, maybe you should stop downing the folks who CAN, and start studying their methods-PvP is full of good Cruisers, there are whole threads, pages long, filled with data on how to build the kind of cruiser you're talking about-wITHOUT having a broken exploit as the core of the build.

Of course, it takes some reading comprehension, time, and effort, and skill to do that-but you've probably GOT time (reached T4 Omega, after all), you claim skill, and...well...you have time, at least. Do some READING and STUDY and ADJUSTMENT, and stop insulting the people who HAVE done the necessary ground work to understand HOW THE DAMN SYSTEMS WORK.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,427
# 20
12-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arxial View Post
^Poster is correct. The STA and Superior Shield Augmentation were designed to be top tier abilities for use against the newer 1st generation NPC's, such as the Borg Cube swarm and the Borg Queen Diamond. I dislike the fact that PvP'ers, who do not buy into the game as I and many others have, are the ones griping about these abilities, when they were MUCH more powerful on the Tribble server during the testing phase! They were decreased multiple times, and now a small, generally unseen, but vocal minority demands that such abilities are reduced to near uselessness.

Unfortunately, the STA was also designed so that an Escort, or anyone else with even a decent critical chance build, would be better able to aid in covering other players, this will no longer occur. This game is slowly turning into WoW, where everything is easy mode. Folks, the end game enemies are supposed to be brutal, unrelenting, and always have a chance at 1 shotting you and whatever you're in. If you don't like it, be constructive about HOW changes should be made about a particular ability, not scream for it to be nerfed and nerfed so you don't have to change your build, your consoles, or your playstyle.
I can assure you that I pay just as much into this game as you do bud.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:50 AM.