Captain
# 31
12-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I would believe that, if Cryptic did not talk about Children of khan 1 year before the plot of into the darkness was even known.
Exactly why it's been held off for so long. They were going to make it, but put it aside for the moment; then as they were preparing to resume work on it the plot for Into Darkness came out.

Plus, they talk to CBS all the time. Maybe they said "don't do any Augment storylines until the next Abrams movie comes out".
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
12-18-2012, 08:44 PM
We've heard that the next new things are so huge, super cool and awesome as to put sliced bread to shame...a lot of times now.

So many times now that my only response is...meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Plus, they talk to CBS all the time. Maybe they said "don't do any Augment storylines until the next Abrams movie comes out".
CBS has nothing to do with the new movie, that's Paramount.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
No we don't do you really think they are going to have content just for KDF only and leave the Federation players who are the bulk of the player base with nothing...I don't think

They will make KDF stuff, but I doubt they will ever update a season without giving the Federation the bulk of anything.
Just because a zone is KDF themed does not mean it is KDF exclusive. For example, they could have a planet that is currently part of the KDF faction(Gorn, Nausican, Orion) trying to rebel. The KDF objective would be to stop the rebellion, while the Fed objective would be to help it. That is just one example.
Empire Veteran
# 34
12-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Oh! Oh! Oh! I know! I know! : D

Can't talk about it yet, though. But, my jaw = on the floor, falling through the terrain.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Oh really? So they are fixing the bugs? that would be the only jaw dropping thing imaginable.
Finishing the KDF would bring lots of
Introing Romulan faction before finishing the KDF would be a lot of since it would only be a microfaction
Anything else would be since it was a wasted opprotunity to finish something that has been neglected since start of game.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Empire Veteran
# 35
12-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Really hoping that Stahl is sticking to what he said earlier this year and season 8 is the KDF content season. It's long over due, and would most likely include a good deal of PvP type content which would enhance the entire game for a goodly segment of the player base. Bringing the KDF content up and filling out the KDF experience would go a very great deal towards improving the over all game and getting THIS mmo to a point where it starts feeling like an MMO with actuall factions.

I know theres a lot of players that disagree, but at a certain level STO needs it version of the Horde.. and they need to have an equivelent play experience.. The Star trek tv shows and movies may be about the universe from the Federations POV, but the best trek based computer games offered a much broader view point. Interplays Klingon Academy was a vast improvement over it predecessor, and did give Christopher Plummer some more time in his Chang costume..with a whopping great story on a much improved starfleet academy engine, and Interplays/Taldren studio's Starfleet Command and Starfleet Command II while primarily battle/combat games had some marvelous stories hidden in them also.

Bad guy factions do quite well when presented properly, and add a great deal to a gaem..

As a KDF player I have seen more and more players appearing over Qo'nos over the last few months.. the interest is there. The rest of the faction content needs to be made, and the STO universe will truely begin to rip and roll at high trans warp.

And anyway.. I really want some new uniforms and costumage for my KDF toons.. My lead KDF toon hasn't changed his jacket in 3 years.. its kinda sad!

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Career Officer
# 36
12-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
No. He said that Season sever was initially going to be Gorn based instead of Romulan focused, but things changed.
And the Borg were supposed to invade the Gorn homeworld back in Season 5, but it was changed to Defera.

The developers keep going back to the Gorn, though. That's promising. We know nothing about Gorn society, so it's a blank slate for the writer.
Empire Veteran
# 37
12-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post

And anyway.. I really want some new uniforms and costumage for my KDF toons.. My lead KDF toon hasn't changed his jacket in 3 years.. its kinda sad!
and sweaty by now.

But I hear what ya say.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Starfleet Veteran
# 38
12-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Oh! Oh! Oh! I know! I know!

Can't talk about it yet, though. But, my jaw = on the floor, falling through the terrain.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
It's not nice to tease

By bet is on either a Ferrengi Faction, or payer housing at Risa.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 39
12-18-2012, 09:21 PM
I have this feeling that while Season 8 may be about the Klingons, that it will be essentially like Season 7 which is about the Romulans.

We now have Khitomer in the game. I figure that there will be a UFP/NR/KDF cooperative effort going on there and the end result will be the restoriation of the Khitomer accords, with representatives from New Romulus putting pen to the new accords.

These Romulans are not the Romulan Empire of trechery and deception. That Romulus is dead or otherwise dying. As for the Klingons being willing to accept Romulan involvement in future dealings with the rest of the quadrant, there would be division, just as there is division on new Romulus with the Tal Shiar sticking its fingers into everything. But what more punishment can any honorable Klingon expect beyond the distruction of Romulus and the scattering of her people? The Klingons would have lost their world too if it had not been for the UFP.

If an new treaty would be signed on Khitomer, and if it is signed by the KDF, NR and UFP governments, then a new day of unity and cooperation will dawn. And with the three governments united, not under one faction, but unique unto themselves but sharing similar goals, when the Iconians come in fore, they will find unity rater than division

I see the end of Season 8 as the setup for an impending invasion
I am of the opinion that Cryptic cannot because PWE will not...
Empire Veteran
# 40
12-18-2012, 09:23 PM
What would be nice is if they focus on the Mirror universe, that is dedicate an entire season revolving around the Mirror Universe or some type of temporal war.

Hmmm? Maybe thats it, afterall during the Tholian encursion action we are seeing more and more of these Wells Class Temporal science vessels appearing.

Makes you go hmmmm?

KHAAAAAAAN !!!