Career Officer
# 81
12-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Taking anything ol Gecko says seriously puts you in the same category as all those silly people who believe the world ends on the 21st.

Best to ignore anything Gecko says. 9 times out of 10, he is either trolling you, or the things he does say are so far from the truth its not worth knowing
Captain
# 82
12-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asthaloth View Post
The race that once occupied Qo'nos (and are related to the Fek watsits) are from the Gamma quadrant as I recall...
That would be the Hur'q and they stole the Sword of Kahless until Worf "lost" it again. In the PS game, Invasion, they invade UFP space. In Armada, the Sword is found again.
Starfleet Veteran
# 83
12-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Qo'nos is conquered by the Breen, and the Klingons are put to work in their liquid nitrogen mines. With no EV suits.

Then the Breen declare war on the UFP, and replace the Klinks as the second faction.
Empire Veteran
# 84
01-11-2013, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarion79 View Post
In Champions, they do have the Nemesis feature, maybe we as a UFP have a Kang or a Tomalak or as a KDF have a Kirk or a Sisko dodging our every moves or just messing us up as characters.
Your post caught my eye, I am hoping that Cryptic does bring the Nemesis system to STO - This will motivate players in creating KDF toons to clash blades with.
Starfleet Veteran
# 85
01-11-2013, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
Your post caught my eye, I am hoping that Cryptic does bring the Nemesis system to STO - This will motivate players in creating KDF toons to clash blades with.
I don't play CO nearly as much as STO, but I'm pretty sure that's not quite how the Nemesis system works. You create a boss-level(?) recurring character NPC that shows up from time to time in dungeons for you (and your team mates) to fight against. It's not a toon that you play.

Raptr profile
Captain
# 86
01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
I don't play CO nearly as much as STO, but I'm pretty sure that's not quite how the Nemesis system works. You create a boss-level(?) recurring character NPC that shows up from time to time in dungeons for you (and your team mates) to fight against. It's not a toon that you play.
The Nemesis system in CO is a "Feature Episode" type series of missions which feature an NPC Villian the player creates (power set, look, henchmen and power sets) and a villian type (manic, mastermind, brute) which give a bit of customization in the mission dialogs. And its a bunch of scripted open world missions and instanced missions. And there are some recent designed missions in a Nemesis can spawn at random.
Captain
# 87
01-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Yeah, except, personally, the Foundry is WAY more interesting for creating a Nemesis than the CO Nemesis system.

I'd kill a monkey to have Foundry over in CO.

Because the Nemesis pretty much has no story -- no one else can see any bio on the Nemesis, the Nemesis dialog is preset to one of three choices, what the Nemesis does isn't configurable (in terms of goals/types of missions), etc.

In STO, on the other hand, I could write 'the story of how Timothy Williams' home colony was liberated from the Federation' and people can take part and see it unfold.
Commander
# 88
01-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarion79 View Post
Having a Nemesis in Star Trek isn't an new idea... Sisko to who knows,
Ducat. Come on

Quote:
Janeway to Sanity, and Archer to Holding Cell.
Good show.
Captain
# 89
01-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Dukat was always a nemesis to the entire cast. Sisko to his inner turmoil is more apt.
Rihannsu
# 90
01-11-2013, 10:57 PM
yeah, only Picard's nemesis was his own himself

Join the premiere Romulan community now!