Empire Veteran
# 1 Moving on: Tier 5 reps
12-18-2012, 11:20 PM
So now with the tier 4 passives finally axed and reduced to a more reasonable rate, we can start looking at tier 5 rep stuff, and what that might bring to the table.

To start...ground stuff, we know it all pretty much, there's only a couple things I feel are worth bringing up:

1. Plasma Flamethrower - Need I say more? I don't care if it sucks or is mega-OP, this thing is gonna be FUN. I look forward to when they add it back, can anybody say 'baked epohh'?

2. Medical Nanite Cloud, the tier 5 Omega power is gonna be interesting. I don't believe it'll kill healers though on the ground, not at all. I have a hunch it might be affected by the Medic skill, and if not, then it'll be a medium range flat heal to everyone in range. Aside from that, it has only a chance to revive, not a guarantee. Plus the long cooldown still.

The only other thing worth mentioning is the Adapted Ground sets, which...eh...just the same thing we already know, just on the opposite faction. I'm eager to see the new costumes though.

Now, as for space, that's different:

1. The new Romulan weapon/weapon/console set is different. Tomorrow people will get the right torpedo, and will start trying out the two piece bonus from it. The Experimental Beam Array and the three piece power will also be interesting to see, and I rather look forward to what it might do.

2. The Reman space set we already know, but there is also a Romulan Mk XII space set, and I wonder how that will differ from the Reman one.

3. Quantum Singularity Manipulation...well, pretty much just gonna start having some super-buffed sci powers once in awhile. Even if it isn't very often, I foresee some wicked shield heals, Scramble Sensors, VMs, and so on because of this. It'll be interesting to see what happens with it.

4. Here's probably the biggest point of contention: Adapted space sets. Feds will have access to the placate of HG shields and such, while KDF is gonna get...the MACO shield power bonus, coupled with Plasmonic.

I don't really need to say anything on that, I think the discussions when it happens will be more than enough.

I can see the already slow FvK queues being even slower to load now because of it.

Captain
# 2
12-19-2012, 12:04 AM
TBH, I haven't really looked at the ground stuff at T5... nor T1 and T3. I don't do ground PvP, I don't do ground STFs, and nothing's needed for ground replay missions...so...

Space.

With the T5 Sci Passive, I'm picturing one of DDIS' burn builds with Romulan Embassy Consoles...and hoping that I'm watching a video of it and not sitting there burning.

With the Experimental Beam and 3pc bonus - it reeks of placeholder text and I'm not even sure where to begin with what both might actually entail.

Even with the Reman Prototype Set, have to wonder if it's still just a stat boost or if there's something extra with the Advanced - though, I figure it just follows the old way and just has a stat boost compared to the regular Mk XII.

With the Romulan...well...who knows, eh? Could it just be the Reman set with different effects? Would it actually be different? What kind of cost are we looking at for it - same as the Reman or is the Romulan supposed to be an "endgame" set unlike the Reman?

Kind of like I believe for the T4 stuff, that they expected to have at least twice the time to get it all ready than they did (because the time to Tier up was cut in half) which led to things not being finished - I'm pretty sure the T5 stuff was on that same schedule...as in, it's not done and they expected to have months to complete it.

I expect T5 to be even more broken than T4 and for it to take longer to fix...

edit: Doh, almost forgot the AKHG/AMACO stuff... I have a funny feeling that the Feds will enjoy the AKHG more than the KDF enjoy KHG and the KDF will enjoy AMACO more than the Feds enjoy MACO... after all, there was pseudobalancing involved in having each set available only to the one side - balancing that with what else was there. That balance will be gone. Ker'rat will be interesting..

edit2: Don't forget about the changes to Nadeon and the possible Dominion lockbox crossfaction consoles. Yeah, Ker'rat will be interesting.

Last edited by virusdancer; 12-19-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 3
12-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post

edit: Doh, almost forgot the AKHG/AMACO stuff... I have a funny feeling that the Feds will enjoy the AKHG more than the KDF enjoy KHG and the KDF will enjoy AMACO more than the Feds enjoy MACO... after all, there was pseudobalancing involved in having each set available only to the one side - balancing that with what else was there. That balance will be gone. Ker'rat will be interesting..

edit2: Don't forget about the changes to Nadeon and the possible Dominion lockbox crossfaction consoles. Yeah, Ker'rat will be interesting.
I have a sneaking suspicion Feds are gonna get Plasmonic in the Dominion lockbox. Though I wouldn't have a clue what console the KDF could get that could even come close in equal value.

I think that the new Romulan sets, weapons, and embassy consoles will make your ship a D'deridex essentially in everything except name.

Captain
# 4
12-19-2012, 12:49 AM
That kind of makes sense, in that not making sense sort of sense, eh?

You had MACO but no Leech.
You had KHG but no Nadeon (new improved Nadeon that is, not just Photons).

With the KDF getting MACO and Leech, the Feds would get MACO and Leech.
With the Feds getting KHG and Nadeon, the KDF would get KHG and Nadeon.

As for the "value" of some of those consoles - I'm not quite sure they've really gone with equal value on them so far...
Commander
# 5
12-19-2012, 01:50 AM
The omega T5 ground active will be useful for all classes, improve the odds of engineer against all, improve the odds of tac against sci, and make it easier to run with fewer scis in pvp. Right now engineers are the weakest of the classes on the ground, so anything that helps them is good. Tacs are already ascendant, so this will just cement their advantage over sci a little more in 1v1. It will have little effect on the ideal composition of premade teams; the big game changer there is going to be the Romulan fire team kit, which is going to drastically change the way that games are played and likely eliminate the engineer as a useful member of a premade in favor of a 3tac/2sci or similar combination, as well as making tac vs engineer 1v1 always end in favor of the tac, if both players are highly skilled.
Captain
# 6
12-19-2012, 01:55 AM
Things I'm looking forward to with the T5 unlocks:
1) Romulan flame thrower (if they bring it back)
2) Romulan space set
3) Adapted STF sets
4) finally completing my ground MK XII sets.

The T5 Romulan ability (not a passive) only lasts 8 seconds, no? If so, it's only going to be good for one power heal.

The T5 Omega ability will be nice to not have to bend down to revive someone. But, honestly, with neural processors being dropped in both space and ground, I do not see a reason to put my self through the hell that is STF ground elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion Feds are gonna get Plasmonic in the Dominion lockbox. Though I wouldn't have a clue what console the KDF could get that could even come close in equal value.
Klingons pretty much got the shaft with all of those cross faction consoles, with the exception of AMS while the Feds got Isometric Charge.

I expect history to repeat itself.

Last edited by shookyang; 12-19-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Captain
# 7
12-19-2012, 02:26 AM
I actually grabbed PDS for one of my KDF - using it for spam and for that additional kick of burst. If the tooltip's not lying, it's grabbing everything that my regular energy weapons do.

And yeah, I grabbed AMS for my other KDF. I think I've used it twice in PvP (I hate timecrap spam) - but I've actually found it somewhat useful while farming/grinding/etc in PvE.

Compared to what I grabbed on the Fed side... Iso and Grav. The Grav helps out with the Grav Wells on my Sci and Iso's just fun to drop on carrier pets near the carrier.

If Nadeon for KDF and Leech for Fed became available, I'd definitely drop PDS and Iso for them...or I'd be tempted to play cheese and look at a 10 console ship to add them. But that would be wrong... but then again, I have no skill anyway... so...
Career Officer
# 8
12-19-2012, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post

I think that the new Romulan sets, weapons, and embassy consoles will make your ship a D'deridex essentially in everything except name.
Who said it had to be anything of equal value? Last time KDF got AMS and Feds got LOLsometric Charge.

If Feds get Leach, KDF could conceivably get the Nadeon Detonation Module or the Photonic Displacer Module.
Empire Veteran
# 9
12-19-2012, 03:43 AM
my goal is to see EWP3 deal 7000 damage a crit tic to an npc target, like a borg command ship, with the romulan tier 5 passive... active? so far it has toped out at over 5800 dot a crit tic
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 10
12-19-2012, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
my goal is to see EWP3 deal 7000 damage a crit tic to an npc target, like a borg command ship, with the romulan tier 5 passive... active? so far it has toped out at over 5800 dot a crit tic
Do you have the Romulan Embassy Consoles?