Commander
# 1 Tuffli Quatermaster Prices
12-18-2012, 05:51 PM
I have been searching everywhere and can't seem to get a strait answer.

How much of a discount do you get from the quartermaster on the tuffli freighter? I buy most of my commodities from the cargo ships in Sirus which already is discounted from the base price. Also does the Ferengi Set stack with the discount from the Tuffli?

I was thinking of trying to obtain a Dkora but my main interest is the Exchange/Bank and a discount on commodities. With the Breen ship that I will have just after Christmas, I don't think the D'Kora is worth it as a combat vessel. The only thing it seems to have non-combat that the Tuffli doesn't have is a Dabo Table, which I dont play alot of anyway.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Commander
# 2
12-18-2012, 07:22 PM
They are 33%-50% off, mostly 50%, compared to rep prices. Pretty sure ferengi set discount is d'kora only but the 10% doff bonus can work on any ship. D'kora is alittle more user friendly for the player who doesn't care about tuff perks. It's a big ship while d'kora is just a bridge with everything nearby. Also d'kora gets a DO assignment for x5 times multiple gamma quad commodities once every 20 hours or 24 hours. Tuff does get the security ship for contraband assignment, but I think it's same cooldown timer. Might be wrong.
Commander
# 3
12-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks

I appreciate the advice.

I am still on the fence on the D'Kora though.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
12-19-2012, 10:21 AM
You can add both Tuffli discount and Ferengi discount. I bought the Tuffli for my Orion but one day I visited someone's Tuffli with a Ferengi character and everything was even cheaper.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-19-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm getting 47 to 60% off replicator prices using my alien captain and flying up to a parked freighter in Sirius sector with my Tuffli. Seems to be a better deal than even using the quartermaster inside. Quartermaster prices seem to be the same as dealing with a Sirius freighter from a regular ship.

So if you're in Sirius Sector just drive up to a freighter and open a dialogue, don't visit your bridge and go to quartermaster. Save quartermaster for when you can't be bothered to warp back home.

Let me get in game and verify that...

Alien Captain buying Shield Gens / Comm Arrays / Antigens / Weather Controls / Warp Coils

Replicator: 150 / 300 / 600 / 900 / 1200
ESD: 75 / 200 / N/A

Aboard my Odyssey talking to Sirius Freighter: 75 / 150 / 300 / 450 / 800
Quartermaster on my Tuffli: 75 / 150 / 300 / 450 / 800

Aboard my Tuffli talking to Freighter: 60 / 120 / 240 / 360 / 640

Talking to a freighter while driving a Tuffli gives up to 20% off the already best price around. The cheaper items have the deepest discount (provisions, shield generators, etc).

Edit: I can't test if being Ferengi makes the quartermaster cheaper than ship-to-ship purchasing, would be interested to hear if so.

Last edited by fourxgamer; 12-19-2012 at 02:04 PM.