Empire Veteran
As the title states, the KDF que is officially dead, at least when it comes to que up for Fleet Marks events. I believe the time has come for the fleet marks, which is a very important assest to the fleet starbase to become account wide.

It is a given that Fed Fleet marks are easier to come by than KDF. Cryptic should at least allow for:

A) Fleet Marks only to become account wide

or

B) revamp some of the fleet marks oriented fleet events to be universal or cross faction.

what say you all?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-11-2014, 05:17 AM
Just some new post-Undine-invasion fleet mark missions that are cross faction would help.
Career Officer
# 3
07-11-2014, 05:20 AM
A few points against you.

The queues are not dead. They are incredibly slow.

Making marks from your fed characters go to your KDF ones will kill the KDF queues as there would be zero need for them.

How about instead they start making some of the less popular STFs, which are cross faction, give a choice of marks? This bumps those numbers and makes grouping for marks easier.
Captain
# 4
07-11-2014, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiqa View Post
A few points against you.

The queues are not dead. They are incredibly slow.

Making marks from your fed characters go to your KDF ones will kill the KDF queues as there would be zero need for them.

How about instead they start making some of the less popular STFs, which are cross faction, give a choice of marks? This bumps those numbers and makes grouping for marks easier.
This, this and this.

Although I would also appreciate the current queues to become crossfaction. Alll we need to do is change the Gorn, Orion, Klingon etcetera to Rebel Gorn, Rebel Klingon et cetera, and toss in the Terran Empire to replace the Federation. And then the base picking goes similar as it does now, we pick a random base from one of the participants.

That should help out the queues to speed up. Ofcourse, for the Klingon players that don't even think about playing with Feddies, you can always create your private queue.
This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. BUT WHY?!?!?!?

Delta Task Force <-- Proud Leader --> Delta Strike Force.
Discuss my idea of restructuring the current levelling here.
Career Officer
# 5
07-11-2014, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmkota19 View Post

Although I would also appreciate the current queues to become crossfaction. Alll we need to do is change the Gorn, Orion, Klingon etcetera to Rebel Gorn, Rebel Klingon et cetera, and toss in the Terran Empire to replace the Federation. And then the base picking goes similar as it does now, we pick a random base from one of the participants.

That should help out the queues to speed up. Ofcourse, for the Klingon players that don't even think about playing with Feddies, you can always create your private queue.
I think this is also a good idea. It would allow opposing faction accolades too.
Career Officer
# 6
07-11-2014, 05:30 AM
I been saying this since Season 8.

Since then, I've honestly only been in a Fleet STF only 2 times. If it wasn't for the KDFDefera channel, my fleet would've ground to a halt months ago.
Captain
# 7
07-11-2014, 09:53 AM
I hope that they start doing something on a regular basis during the weeks (between weekend events) to put more action into the queues. When the hourlies went away, there was a big drop in action during the weekdays. And it has just kept dwindling down since.

I was queued up for a STF (The Vortex) the other day for about 15 mins before we had 5 players queued. And, there have been times when the PVEs I queued up for took almost 5 mins to queue. And those were ones that were cross faction missions.

I am not sure if putting things for crafting into the mission rewards will help any. I hope they fix problems with the new crafting system so enough players are going to do it. If so, there will be more players coerced into playing the STFs, and PVEs more.
The problem with AFKers is not that the mission is boring. It is that they found a way to exploit the game, and other players. If it was that they are bored, then they would be playing it on advance. (About MIE)
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
07-11-2014, 10:02 AM
ehh, its slow yes, but i've been in a couple starbase defenses the last cuple days.... i think most just play CCE for fleet marks.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 9
07-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Get into a nws channel and start farming
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Career Officer
# 10
07-11-2014, 12:13 PM
If they made all the fleet mark missions cross faction, then KDF and Starfleet enemies would have to be removed.

I would say replace the Starfleet enemies with Terran Empire, any progress towards the Starfleet accolades would count towards the Terrans. They already have rival house Klingons, so they would be the excuse for KDF fighting KDF.

As for which starbase you'd end up defending it would be somewhat random with the amount of teammates who are of a certain faction affecting that outcome.