Starfleet Veteran
Here's a thought and a hope.

The Wells is a Science Based Temporal Ship (great for science characters):
Commander Science, Lt Science, Lt Cmdr Universal, Lt Universal, Ens Engineer

The Mobius is a Tactical Based Temporal Ship (great for tactical characters):
Commander Tactical, Lt. Tactical, Lt Cmdr Univeral, Lt Universal, Ens Engineer

How about we round off this group of vessels with another Temporal Ship, one that can use the special consoles, and have one of it's own, to make a 3-piece temporal set.

I give you the future, from the past!

Ambassador Temporal Cruiser: Engineer-based Temporal Ship (great for engineer characters)
Commander Engineer, Lt Engineer, Lt Cmdr Universal, Lt Universal, Ens Tactical

I'm not going to assume to know what Gecko has in mind for the Ambassador, But given the back story of the ship as well as knowing that it's coming in a special episode, maybe this would be a great way to have a engineer-based temporal ship as well.

Thoughts?
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7, the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Captain
# 2
12-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Considering that the Ambassador is a ship from the 24th Century and the Temporal ships are from the 29th Century, then the Ambassador is not a temporal ship. It could be from another timeline like the Galaxy X, but that is it. Otherwise its the same as the NX Enterprise, Excelsior, and the TOS Enterprise.
Career Officer
# 3
12-19-2012, 12:31 PM
...Why do people have this notion that the Ambassador should be a time ship? It only traveled through time via a temporal rift caused by crossfire between it and Romulan warbirds, it wasn't built as a temporal vessel. By this logic, the original Enterprise should be a time ship too! And Voyager, the Defiant, the Enterprise E, the NX-01, the Klingon BoP HMS Bounty, and various other small craft that have traveled through time.
@HyperLimited
Career Officer
# 4
12-19-2012, 12:35 PM
The Ambassador wont be a time ship. It'll be a Tier 5 (possibly later Tier #5 Retrofit) I expect. They can't have it any lower than Tier 5 else it'll be an irrelevant release as fewer people will use it.

What we can be safe for knowing is that it'll be an Engineering-focused ship with at least a single Lieutenant Tactical slot and a Commander Engineering slot. I expect it to have a single Universal Ensign slot too.
Career Officer
# 5
12-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Considering that the Ambassador is a ship from the 24th Century and the Temporal ships are from the 29th Century, then the Ambassador is not a temporal ship. It could be from another timeline like the Galaxy X, but that is it. Otherwise its the same as the NX Enterprise, Excelsior, and the TOS Enterprise.
You forget the Time Pod that was from the 26th Century. And given that's 100 years in the future, where people are freely time traveling.

Then there is Future Janeway using time travel to alter the past. So in STO's timeline, time travel ships are possible. So it's not impossible the Ambassador could be retrofitted with temporal abilities. But personally, I hope they don't go that route.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Career Officer
# 6
12-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
...Why do people have this notion that the Ambassador should be a time ship? It only traveled through time via a temporal rift caused by crossfire between it and Romulan warbirds, it wasn't built as a temporal vessel. By this logic, the original Enterprise should be a time ship too! And Voyager, the Defiant, the Enterprise E, the NX-01, the Klingon BoP HMS Bounty, and various other small craft that have traveled through time.
I've suggested, if anything, it should have something like:

Duotronic Plasma Conduits (I had a better name before)
When your unshielded hull receives energy damage, adds X plasma damage to your next energy based attack. Stacks up to 20 times. If your exposed hull takes additional energy damage, your ship will become engulfed in a temporal rift for 30 seconds, removing you from combat. While affected by the temporal rift, your cooldowns and crew will not recover.

Yes. More time shenanigans would always be nice but I think with the Ambassador, it should be something that happens TO you, not something you trigger. A consequence, not a power.
Career Officer
# 7
12-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I've suggested, if anything, it should have something like:

Duotronic Plasma Conduits (I had a better name before)
When your unshielded hull receives energy damage, adds X plasma damage to your next energy based attack. Stacks up to 20 times. If your exposed hull takes additional energy damage, your ship will become engulfed in a temporal rift for 30 seconds, removing you from combat. While affected by the temporal rift, your cooldowns and crew will not recover.

Yes. More time shenanigans would always be nice but I think with the Ambassador, it should be something that happens TO you, not something you trigger. A consequence, not a power.
That actually sounds good. But 30 seconds out of combat might be rather inconvienent, especially if you can't even repair your damage.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Career Officer
# 8
12-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
You forget the Time Pod that was from the 26th Century. And given that's 100 years in the future, where people are freely time traveling.

Then there is Future Janeway using time travel to alter the past. So in STO's timeline, time travel ships are possible. So it's not impossible the Ambassador could be retrofitted with temporal abilities. But personally, I hope they don't go that route.
I think it would be far likelier for ships fitted with temporal abilities to be new ships. And going by registries, the original U.S.S. Relativity has entered service.

So... Modern day time ships? I'd support.

But I think the Ambassador, if it gets a temporal ability, should be the victim of the temporal effect, not the deliberate manufacturer of the effect.

As in "I get a bonus but I have to be careful or the time warp will eat me."
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
12-19-2012, 01:04 PM
I suppose what I mainly want is a temporal vessel that completes the trinity of classes, since Science and Tactical have temporal ships, was hoping that engineers would get one as well. Since we already have a glut of cruisers I just figured we could take on that's already in the midst of being done and tailor it to the role.
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7, the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Captain
# 10
12-19-2012, 01:42 PM
I imagine we will get the bare bones Ambassador for free and there will be a lock box version that will be a +1 with a couple of new skins plus a new console. The updated version could be a temporal ship.