Captain
# 11
12-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarion79 View Post
I imagine we will get the bare bones Ambassador for free and there will be a lock box version that will be a +1 with a couple of new skins plus a new console. The updated version could be a temporal ship.
C-Store version not lockbox. No faction ship that belongs in the 25th Century will ever be a lockbox ship.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Enterprise-C version for free
Yamaguchi version on C-store

I can guarantee it.
Captain
# 13
12-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunjee View Post

I can guarantee it.
In a awesome world, Probert's version as a skin.
Career Officer
# 14
12-19-2012, 07:27 PM
By the by, if we're looking for a cruiser timeship...

My vote goes to the USS Relativity, NX-474439, no bloody A, B, C, D, E, F, or G. Which, as I say, should be in service based on registry numbers.

Take the basic skeleton of the Wells class but bulk her up. Add nacelles and a more defined saucer area. Do the same for the Korath.

Get a nice, iconic lore figure in command of the ship. Maybe even someone who shouldn't exist or someone odd like Morgan Bateson's daughter, who I believe is alluded to in a couple of the temporal DOffs. Sell it as the 25th century's first proper timeship, an ancestor of the Wells/Mobius classes. Maybe Korath himself as captain of the Klingon counterpart.

Call it something like:

Starfleet - Keeler Class Temporal Guardian

KDF - Kuvagh'magh Class Temporal Guardian

Tank-y but graceful. Kinda like a Destroyer but without dual cannons and with higher tanking stats. High turn cruiser that has high defense from turnrate, high shields, and high hull.

Maybe a very loosely Edith Keeler-inspired ability that causes you to swap positions with a targeted friendly vessel that is within 5km, healing them time-ship style, and taking damage yourself equal to the healing. Placates enemies within 5km for 5 seconds.

Passive: Extends the duration of all other timeship consoles by 20% and reduces their cooldown by 20%.

Alternative console thought:

Does a temporal backstep on an enemy vessel (minus healing) while doing AoE healing to you and your teammates. Passively increases duration and reduces cooldown of all temporal console effects.

Yet another alternative console thought:

Temporal Causality Loop Generator

Ramming-speed-type attack on an enemy target that repeats for 10 seconds. (Ie. you ram them, reappear back 3km, you ram them, reappear back 3km) Broken when either you or your enemy target is destroyed. Resisted by Starship Inertial Dampeners.

Maybe also have some form of Dekyon beam/cannon weapons available in game that boost Inertial Dampeners of a ship that equips them that slow enemies and increase the speed/turnrate of your ship. (The Dekyon weapons being a nod to the Dekyon message from Cause and Effect.)

My idea for Dekyon Weapons:

Have the look of the Dual Chroniton beams from the Lobi store. Like the Dekyon beams, benefit from Antiproton boosting consoles.

Increases your Starship Inertial Dampener Skill by 20
Increases your Starship Threat Control Skill by 20.
To target: 2.5% chance: Reduces Flight Speed and Turn Rate of enemy target. (Half the effect of Chroniton Beams.) Significantly increases your Flight Speed and Turnrate. (Think of it as speed/turnrate sap.)

A temporal tanking weapon, basically.

Maybe also have Anti-Dekyon weapons which reduce threat. Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Also, Suricata's "Rigel" as a skin.
Republic Veteran
# 16
12-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunjee View Post

I can guarantee it.
Quote:
Free Version

C-Store Version

If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Empire Veteran
# 17
12-20-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
I imagine we will get the bare bones Ambassador for free and there will be a lock box version that will be a +1 with a couple of new skins plus a new console. The updated version could be a temporal ship.
I doubt that a Federation Vessel will be in a Lockbox, if thats the case it will be the first. No, I beg to differ, the +1 Console version will most likely roll unto the scene over at the CStore for around 1.5K Zen Points or up to 2K Zen points.

It is more logical to have the +1 Ambassador at the CStore as it is traditional of CRYPTIC when dealing with federation vessels.

Only exception is the Steamrunner Class - which is a Steam purchase special offer only - So I take it that CRYPTIC will still be under contractual agreement with Valve regarding the Steamrunner - which may never see the light of day in the CStore.

So if you wish for the Steamrunner class - it has to be via a Steam Purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
Most likely this may be the case - I do hate the CStore version Ambassdor skin / it looks like a mutated version the Odyssey Class.

Thank goodness it will share the original Enterprise C design - which I desire the most.

Last edited by stark2k; 12-20-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Career Officer
# 18
12-20-2012, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
Most likely this may be the case - I do hate the CStore version Ambassdor skin / it looks like a mutated version the Odyssey Class.

Thank goodness it will share the original Enterprise C design - which I desire the most.
That's the original Ambassador design that Andrew Probert designed and painted.

http://www.probertdesigns.com/#!stor...=probertprints

We saw this in Season 1 of TNG of the History Wall, which obviously came a long time before the Ambassador-class was shown on screen. If Cryptic did get permission from Probert to add this to STO, I wouldn't be surprised if it did end up in the C-store and the Probert Ambassdor ends up being a Ambassador Refit. Then again, be interesting how the refit was seen in canon 50 years before STO.

Also on Memory Alpha I noticed a possible ability of a Ventral Phaser being used, so it could be like a weaker version of the Phaser Lance or the Vesta Deflector Phaser.

Anyhow, the CGI model used for the Ships of the Line Calander, the creator made other nice screenshots that I think people would like. It's really changes your persective on this ship design.

Last edited by azurianstar; 12-20-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Commander
# 19
12-21-2012, 12:11 PM
The Probert Ambassador will be a "Mirror" ship. Just makes sense to me.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif