Career Officer
# 1 Omega Antiproton autocarbine
12-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Can anybody tell me, is the autocarbine not supposed to show your toons back? Or is this just a bug with my toons(none show it). I ask only because the MACO phaser rifle does show. Or is the autocarbine not showing just the way that weapon is?
"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-19-2012, 02:59 PM
It's does not show. It's not the only weapon that does not show either, the ghostbusters gun from the devidian arc and the Borg prosthetics do not show either.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Captain
# 3
12-19-2012, 03:17 PM
The Autocarbine is actually a modified Bolt Compression Pistol -- in the game files, that is, not in the game's story.

Because of this, if it was visible while holstered, it would be sitting on the hip rather than the back, but it's much too large for that.
Career Officer
# 4
12-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
The Autocarbine is actually a modified Bolt Compression Pistol -- in the game files, that is, not in the game's story.

Because of this, if it was visible while holstered, it would be sitting on the hip rather than the back, but it's much too large for that.
And heaven forbid they went about and fix things like that.....
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
12-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post

I'd rather they make the full auto carbine a bolt compression carbine...seriously...rapid fire weapons ARE NOT anti-borg in the slightest lol considering how fast they adapt...even with dual remods (set and 3-sec) its still tough lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
# 6
12-19-2012, 03:42 PM
It looks like it should be holstered on the chest to me.
----
Commander
# 7
12-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Yea have it "holster" across the chest plates of the Omega armor. Probably gonna have to be a special project by a dev in their free time though. And then you run into all those clipping issues with the Characters of Orion ancestry.

Also not that huge of a gun it could possibly look ok on larger characters on the hip, about perfect for a gorn pistol actually.
Career Officer
# 8
12-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
I'd rather they make the full auto carbine a bolt compression carbine...seriously...rapid fire weapons ARE NOT anti-borg in the slightest lol considering how fast they adapt...even with dual remods (set and 3-sec) its still tough lol
Agreed! The Auto Carbine is literally one of the worst weapons you could use against the Borg, only beaten by the miniguns.
You might get one or two short bursts before they adapt, and if you dare use the secondary fire, you get one go lol
Captain
# 9
12-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Agreed! The Auto Carbine is literally one of the worst weapons you could use against the Borg, only beaten by the miniguns.
You might get one or two short bursts before they adapt, and if you dare use the secondary fire, you get one go lol
It is however one of the only weapons that actually looks like it was designed for combat in the enclosed spaces aboard a ship. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer not to have rifles that are two feet taller than the person carrying them.
Empire Veteran
# 10
12-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Actually the autocarbine isn't that bad against borg. It deals 15 damage with each shot, adapted or not as minimum. And it fires a lot of shots. Granted its not like a freshly modulated gun, but its not the end of the world.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.