Empire Veteran
# 31
01-09-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm lovin my fleet corsair, the Boff layout is perfect, turns great and launches fighters! It also looks gorgeous. Mine is setup for support and DMG, 4 disruptor arrays fore, 3 in the back with the cutting beam. Anything I face will be reduced to scrap.
Captain
# 32
01-09-2013, 08:33 PM
I like my Negh'Var and Qu'Daj mix because it looks very rude from the right angle.
# 33
01-09-2013, 08:57 PM
I play a Joined Trill science officer, using a Hegh'Ta Bird of Prey. Sci BOFF in the big slot, then Tac, Tac, Eng in the others. Lots of cannons to go with the Gravity Well nonsense. Uncloack on them and they instantly have about five powers, two dual cannons, a single cannon, and a heavy torp on them.

Very very glass ship. I will admit I haven't tweaked it that well and I'm pretty useless in Elite STF play, but this is truthfully a secondary character for me that I use mainly to run various dailies. Fun for PvE. Totally completely different from my FED character, who is a cruiser big on shields and max threat control. It's a great change of pace.

Let's face it Battle Cloak is good fun. And I love the sense that one on one by the time the other ship can see me they are already dead. ;-)

I may not be as effective with it, by any means, but I have a lot of fun.

I don't have one, but I love the look of the Khar'fi Carrier. It looks like some kind of fighting fish, probably the coolest looking ship in the game IMO.

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 01-09-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 34
01-09-2013, 10:05 PM
My flt Vorcha! Love that ship esp when she does the power slide revolving around the target and but still facing it (so DHC firing is not interrupted) immediately after going from full impulse and going to all stop!!

I like making fed caps go "HOW DID IT DO THAT!!!???" hehehe.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Career Officer
# 35
01-10-2013, 01:32 AM
B'rel BoP!

it is by far the most Iconic but it increasingly becomes my favorite "even over fed ships with one exception Cryptics Bellerophon LRSV Refit <- mighty fine ship"

regardless the B'Rel BoP is sadly... stat-wise... very poor in comparison to its Fed alternatives :/ but I'll still use my B'Rel... nothing like it

RachelJ88
Captain
# 36
01-10-2013, 03:38 AM
Free BoP. Which is old and crap to most but...

They have DHCs, they extend shields, they fart warp plasma, they bomb things with TCMs, they keep damaged ships alive all simultaneously in the same build and with no need for pay to win consoles.

True warriors do not whine about the other side being OP. They make their existing war machines adapt and thrive on instinct. Thus, BoP is awesome... even when not using cloak.

I don't know about anyone else but my BoP is pretty durable. When moving, it takes little hits. So keep moving.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Ensign
# 37 K't'inga
02-12-2013, 11:09 AM
The K't'inga is really the only ship for me; I'm very old school about the Klingons... I wish there was a better one to carry me trhough the end game when I get there; I'm mostly a solo player. also, I wish the model was better; it just looks like the one (D7 with a greeblie texture) from Star Trek Legacy. It has almost none of the real beauty of the design - there are quite a few structural differences...
Captain
# 38
02-12-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm using the Mirror Vor'cha.

The Vor'cha was my favourite TNG KDF ship, in STO, I like it's balance of turning, firepower and protection.

My Klingon is a tac and the ship suits that style of play for me.
Survivor of Romulus
# 39
02-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benj2293 View Post
I'm probably going to be branded as crazy because of this, but i love the Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser. De-cloaking and opening up a volley of 4 DHCs and 4 Turrets, then the Autocannon is simply amazing. I've saved dozens of almost failed optionals in Infected Elite. And in PvP, it remains almost unbeatable in a 1v1 fight. Tanks well, turns ok for a cruiser, and has an immense amount of fire-power. My fleet-mates see it as a complement from the Borg if they manage to pull aggro from a target I'm firing upon.
Not at all, IMO the Bortasqu' is the best ship in STO. It just caters to a specific style of play and if it's not one's style they will never see it or feel at home in this ship.

Why do I like it? What's not to like - I usually like playing big slow tanky cruisers and the Bortasqu' is as badass as they can get. Literally refuses to die...ever. Can cloak, can mount DHC and can be tweaked to turn decently.
It is like duracell comercial....it keeps going and going and takes pounding and pounding and can deal outrageous ammounts of damage untill it's the only ship left standing.
Captain
# 40
02-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Mirror Voquv for me - Its perfect for a sci/eng carrier player - Sure, you don't get to use dhcs and such effectively but in return you get the ability to hull and shield tank remarkably well and on top can even throw out a grav well while offering support from an apbeta or two - heck, it can even manage a two aux2bat build!

If the pets ever get their smarts back to give the carrier more bite, I believe the mirror voquv will be -the- carrier most klingon carrier pilots will want as it will be nigh on unstoppable in the hands of a skilled pilot (well, in the 'affordable without bankrupting myself' catagory, at least)