Commander
# 91
12-21-2012, 06:47 PM
the enterprise c ambassador class took a major beeting defeating 2 romulan warbirds before being tosted by romulan weapons fire and self destrucked by the enterprise c crew to destroy a third romulan war and damaging the last warbird.

to honer the ambassador and enterprise c by having 5 forward weapon slots and 3 aft weapon slots with 3 commanders one for each department.
Commander
# 92
12-21-2012, 06:48 PM
the ka'vort should have 6 forward weapon slots and 2 aft slots
Captain
# 93
12-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiandata1 View Post
the enterprise c ambassador class took a major beeting defeating 2 romulan warbirds before being tosted by romulan weapons fire and self destrucked by the enterprise c crew to destroy a third romulan war and damaging the last warbird.

to honer the ambassador and enterprise c by having 5 forward weapon slots and 3 aft weapon slots with 3 commanders one for each department.
My ship can destroy wave after wave of Klingon vessels and it doesn't have 5 forward weapon slots and 3 Commander Boff stations.
Commander
# 94
12-21-2012, 07:04 PM
i was thing of bring a new style to play in sto a cruiser that was actually a multi function ship with a strong battle cruiser into star trek online with also having 2 wing of fighter bays. the ka'vort would be the klinongs counterpart with 6 forward weapons weapons and 2 aft weapons slots. the 6 forward slots would make the ka' vort strength of it forward somwhere between ambassador class and galaxy/akira clesses as cruiser also the ka'vort would be a attack battle cruiser
Captain
# 95
12-21-2012, 07:39 PM
The problem with your suggestion is just that it's ridiculously overpowered. The Ambassador is supposed to be less advanced than the Galaxy, and giving it that much power makes it better than any other ship in the game.

I'm in agreement with this fellow:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
id be surprised if the ambassador isn't finally the 'science excelsior', as in a sci LTC with COM and LT eng. i just hope the ENS station is also universal.

39000 hit points

1.1 shield mod

7.5 turn

COM eng
LT eng
LTC sci
LT tac
ENS uni

4/3/3 consoles
That seems more like what I'd expect from the Ambassador, except I guarantee that the free version won't have 4/3/3 consoles. It would probably look more like 4/3/2, or 3/3/3. The C-Store version would then add the extra console, along with higher Hull and Shield Modifier.
Captain
# 96
12-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Judging by footage from the Battle of Wolf 359, we know the Ambassador has a great turn rate. We also know from dialogue that it's considered a cruiser. So by STO standards, that would translate to a Battle Cruiser.

But we should also consider that it's an older design, and I still don't think "Ambassador class" doesn't really fit a Battle Cruiser. So maybe a Cruiser with a Tactical edge.
Lieutenant
# 97
12-22-2012, 05:25 AM
I think that Star Trek starship design is a bit like the qwerty keyboard. It's not /the best/, but it does the job to a good degree, and the saucer-engineering-nacelle configuration is well understood and a defacto standard facilitating ease of use amongst the whole fleet.

In any case, an Ambassador would be lovely, but I suspect it will be another new ship.
Captain
# 98
12-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiandata1 View Post
i was thing of bring a new style to play in sto a cruiser that was actually a multi function ship with a strong battle cruiser into star trek online with also having 2 wing of fighter bays. the ka'vort would be the klinongs counterpart with 6 forward weapons weapons and 2 aft weapons slots. the 6 forward slots would make the ka' vort strength of it forward somwhere between ambassador class and galaxy/akira clesses as cruiser also the ka'vort would be a attack battle cruiser
I think that setup would better fit one of those fabled T6 ships that may come in when they raise the level cap.
Career Officer
# 99
12-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Pretty much ALL Star Trek ships except the Defiant, Borg ships, and the Botany Bay were considered to be cruisers.

Cruiser is a generic term for a starship in Trek.

Just because a ship is a cruiser doesn't make it a cruiser in STO terms.

And the Ambassador was never identified as a cruiser, that I can recall.

Of course, that wouldn't stop Cryptic from deciding to call it a Battlecruiser.

And, really, "Ambassador-class Battlecruiser" (or Destroyer) sounds funny but sounds funny in the way that many REAL things do.

Plus, real ambassadors and diplomatic consultants tend to be spies and soldiers providing military training.

Really, the only things we've got pretty solidly is that it's smaller than a Galaxy (how much is debatable because it was filmed out of scale) and, according to design specs, is fast and highly maneuverable.

So far as I know, anything more detailed than that would have to come from Decipher's tabletop game or trading card game.

Cryptic can make a lot up here, CBS-permitting. And I think CBS would permit just about anything with a story explanation here.
The Ambassador was called a Heavy Cruiser in TNG. As to Cruiser being a generic term, several ships come into mind that weren't referred to as cruisers. Voyager, Oberth class science vessels, courier class ships (Peregrine class), Interceptor class (Peregrine class modified by the Maquis), Federation Attack Fighter (DS9 Sacrifice of Angels) Explorer Class (NX-Class), the list goes on. At first ships may have been given broad classifications such as cruiser, but by TNG the starship class hierarchy was being established.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
Commander
# 100
12-23-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
The Ambassador is supposed to be less advanced than the Galaxy, and giving it that much power makes it better than any other ship in the game.
Being a more mature model (than that of Galaxy) of which, it can be really looked at in more than one way.

The final Ambassador Refit all the bugs have been worked out, technology updated, and she's one of the more advanced ships of that time, (having been refit, used in battle/and having *experience* and *time* on her side).

2356-2357

Depending on where information is located, dates will vary, however, the 1701-C was destroyed in 2344. Going by the earliest launch date of the USS Galaxy, yhat's a span of only 12-13 years. It can be argued over that span of time "how advanced" Starfleet ships might have evolved.

I just hope...hope..whatever they do with Ambassador, I hope it's *not* another cookie-cutter option of ships already in-game. The Devs need to spice it up, and try something different. Plus, they still have the Probert drawing, which can be another ship (mirror), or perhaps an alternate configuration

The USS Galaxy, would likely have used many parts and refits based on Ambassador technology, (the leading ship group at Galaxy's design time).

Really, this is a game. It can be "nitpicked" to death, but really, unless CBS declares it's not so, PWE can be as creative as they want in designing the Ambassador, and I hope they are, considering how the game is flooded with Galaxies all over the game. I can't wait for another option to emerge.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif

Last edited by paragon92518; 12-23-2012 at 07:54 AM.