Captain
# 31
12-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
No, never !
A connie (nor refit) is NOT, and never will be a T5 ship. Maybe T3, but a connie in ANY form could'nt EVER stand toe-to-toe with a Galaxy or Sovvie.
Since when has trek 'verse reality ever meant a damn when it came to STO ship balance?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 32
12-20-2012, 09:07 AM
First, I must let out a little giggle, the speculation makes me smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaturnley View Post
It's not 100%, as they have not said anything more than "early 2013" for the release date...

But our anniversary is in February!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
After all, the Odyssey, Regent, Bellephron, and the Chimera were all DTNE or DTNE-inspired ships.
While the Odyssey & Chimera were indeeed DTNE ships, the Bellephron was and inspired conglomeration of several, with it's own twist, the Regent itself was not based on any DTNE designs, if anything, it was based on ships currently in the game, and early concepts for the Sovereign, all in all, it's its own design, an evolution & 2409ification of the Sovereign. Not do discredit the DTNE entries, there is, without a doubt, still a pile of nice looking ships!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
DY-100. Definately.

*scurries away from flurry of spitwads and rocks*

*Throws rocks* -- Spitwads are unsanitary!
I make space ships!
Twitter! STO_JamJamz
Rihannsu
# 33
12-20-2012, 09:37 AM
slowpoke.jpg

Ambassador and most probably K'Vort. Both Tier 5 cruisers with 9 console slots, with the latter being a battlecruiser with cloak at the cost of some HP.

Then, several weeks later, C-Store refit variants of both these ships, with upgraded stats and perhaps new looks to justify the price.

And I do honestly hope it's going to be K'Vort for the KDF, as somehow I find the prospect of flying an oversized Bird of Prey inviting.
Captain
# 34
12-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Ok, so let's daydream a bit...

They give us a free Ambassador that has the same layout as the Galaxy has today as a Tier-4 ship, THEN...

They bring the Galaxy (Tier-4) up to what it SHOULD BE and have 3 tactical console slots (same as Excelsior Refit which is 2 generations older than the Galaxy) , the Galaxy-X (Tier-5) then be given 4 tactical console slots to truly be a Dreadnought. Then... The Fleet Galaxy/X has 5 tactical slots.

Wouldn't this help balance the Galaxy line to what it should be AND bring in the Ambassador as a Tier-4 ship to about where it should be. As far as gameplay, this would make the Ambassador a moderate ship for casual gameplay and the Galaxy more useful for more serious play.

I'm sure people would have other ideas for BOff slots and other slots, but I see current layout of tactical slots as a big nerf to these ships.
Captain
# 35
12-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Ambassador, yes, no to the K'Vort. The K'Vort is so unoriginal and I would feel cheated. Enterprise has the D-5 Class or their version of the BOP.

Daydreaming, I would love to see the Qang-class from the IKS Gorkon novels.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
No, never !
A connie (nor refit) is NOT, and never will be a T5 ship. Maybe T3, but a connie in ANY form could'nt EVER stand toe-to-toe with a Galaxy or Sovvie.
Lemme repost this post again "Yet it is not that HARD to LOCK OUT the constitution skin for a Tier 5 version of the Lt. Commander ship Cruiser/Cruiser Refit!" I want a Tier 5 Cruiser/Cruiser Refit, not a Tier 5 Connie . Connie isn't the only one, there is the Exeter, Excalibur, and Vesper for that ship.
Captain
# 37
12-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarion79 View Post
Ambassador, yes, no to the K'Vort. The K'Vort is so unoriginal and I would feel cheated. Enterprise has the D-5 Class or their version of the BOP.

Daydreaming, I would love to see the Qang-class from the IKS Gorkon novels.
^^
The K'vort was an accident of bad special effects direction they they had to retro in a design story to cover the mistake. Let the ship die in peace.

The D-5 would be AWESOME !!!
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Lieutenant
# 38
12-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjamjamz View Post
First, I must let out a little giggle, the speculation makes me smile!
Personally, my favorite "speculations":

1.) "The Galor is getting a make over? I smell a ship coming!"

2.) "The D'kora is getting a make over? I smell a ship coming!"

3.) "Tholians is Season 6? They aren't gonna make all that for free. I smell a ship coming!"

4.) "Breens ships are getting a make over? i smell a ship coming!"

Dev responses to above:
1.) "The wild speculation in this thread makes me smile/laugh!"

All ships released...
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffytargcream View Post
Personally, my favorite "speculations":

1.) "The Galor is getting a make over? I smell a ship coming!"

2.) "The D'kora is getting a make over? I smell a ship coming!"

3.) "Tholians is Season 6? They aren't gonna make all that for free. I smell a ship coming!"

4.) "Breens ships are getting a make over? i smell a ship coming!"

Dev responses to above:
1.) "The wild speculation in this thread makes me smile/laugh!"

All ships released...
Yeah it's not very....secretive when we catch winds of a makeover for one of the ships, it alway have led to release of a player version of that ship.
Captain
# 40
12-20-2012, 11:02 AM
What makes me laugh is how much the devs think we are dumb.