Career Officer
# 41
12-20-2012, 11:08 AM
- it was stated in multiple interviews that the Ambassador was held back for a special timetravel mission (this does not mean that it has to happen that way, but the Devs want to do it that way)

- there were at least 3 info bits and tweets flying around that Denise Crosby would MAYBE do Voiceovers for her Character(s) and the Cryptic boys would try to get her at the last Convention, no info if that actually happened.

- Ambassador is scheduled for this timeframe

- On Screen was pretty clear about it that there was going to be a Feautred Episode for the Anniversary and that the next milestone would be Season 8 in May, with nothing in between...

hell yeah of course its going to be the Ambassador for the 3 Year anny...

Geko thinks the ship is ugly or looks similar to the Galaxy Class (blasphemy!) and he is right with that so chances are the Ship would not even sell good as 2500 Zen C-Store Ship.

I just hope the Quality of the Ambassador model will be a few levels above the rushed looking Steamrunner.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 42
12-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffytargcream View Post
Personally, my favorite "speculations":

1.) "The Galor is getting a make over? I smell a ship coming!"

2.) "The D'kora is getting a make over? I smell a ship coming!"

3.) "Tholians is Season 6? They aren't gonna make all that for free. I smell a ship coming!"

4.) "Breens ships are getting a make over? i smell a ship coming!"

Dev responses to above:
1.) "The wild speculation in this thread makes me smile/laugh!"

All ships released...

We've also updated Gorn, Orion, Fek'Ihri, Romulan, & Nausicaan ships...
I make space ships!
Twitter! STO_JamJamz
Career Officer
# 43
12-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjamjamz View Post
And we also have playable Gorn, Orion, Fek'Ihri, and Nausicaan ships. The Romulans feature heavily into the current season, as well as the 3rd feature episode series, so they were updated for that reason and the Eventual Romulan Playable Faction.

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Except for Romulans which we will get player versions with an undetermined release time, all of those already had player versions. Including the Bortas in the mine action PvE was a nice touch.
Empire Veteran
# 45
12-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
That is for season eight though ... The KDF season.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
# 46
12-20-2012, 12:07 PM
It's the Ambassador-class. The anniversary will involve Denise Crosby reprising the role of Empress Sela and feature the retrieval of the Enterprise-C.

/my 2 cents
Leipzig University, 1409-2409
Captain
# 47
12-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Feds are getting the SS Kobayashi Maru.
KDF are getting the SS Botany Bay.

Star Trek In To Darkness - the reboot of Wrath of Khan's coming. Based on the trailer, guessing that Spock dies and there will be a reboot/remake of Search for Spock as well. I'm curious what they'll do with the reboot for IV...meh. Yes, it's pretty easy to see the connections between JJTrek's reboot of the first film to the first film.

So yeah, I figure that the Tuffli's getting some friends. Remember folks asking if they'd still be able to get the Tuffli after the Reinforcements Pack was going to be dropped? Yep, that high demand for non-combat ships will get us the Kobayashi Maru and Botany Bay.

I could be wrong though. Feds might get the BB and the KDF might get the KM.

If you want a giggle about speculation...that is.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Career Officer
# 48
12-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
While the Odyssey & Chimera were indeeed DTNE ships, the Bellephron was and inspired conglomeration of several, with it's own twist, the Regent itself was not based on any DTNE designs, if anything, it was based on ships currently in the game, and early concepts for the Sovereign, all in all, it's its own design, an evolution & 2409ification of the Sovereign. Not do discredit the DTNE entries, there is, without a doubt, still a pile of nice looking ships!
Hoooo, then why is the Regent is pretty identical to one particular entry?

And btw, what are the Regent's measurements, I'm working on a MSD for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
sl

Ambassador and most probably K'Vort. Both Tier 5 cruisers with 9 console slots, with the latter being a battlecruiser with cloak at the cost of some HP.

Then, several weeks later, C-Store refit variants of both these ships, with upgraded stats and perhaps new looks to justify the price.

And I do honestly hope it's going to be K'Vort for the KDF, as somehow I find the prospect of flying an oversized Bird of Prey inviting.

If we do finally get the K'Vort, I just hope she's not merely a scaled up B'Rel as in the show, but has some modifications so shes a little different.
Republic Veteran
# 49
12-20-2012, 12:37 PM
If they make a special KDF ship for the event, then let it be Cryptic made, not some scaled up Bird of prey that is slow, does not turn, and it's wings don't move.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Career Officer
# 50
12-20-2012, 01:50 PM
My money's on the Ambassador and K'vort. They're both cruisers, both canon, and in fact both appeared in the same episode.

I'm not sure how I feel about the K'vort. It would be a bit silly to just use an embiggened Bird of Prey in the game, and the K'tanco battlecruiser (short-lived due to KDF losing its low levels) was introduced to satiate the demand for such a vessel.