Cryptic Studios Team
# 51
12-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djconcentus View Post
And we also have playable Gorn, Orion, Fek'Ihri, and Nausicaan ships. The Romulans feature heavily into the current season, as well as the 3rd feature episode series, so they were updated for that reason and the Eventual Romulan Playable Faction.
You seem to know more than I do!
Most of the updates regarding the mentioned factions were not for players. Regardless of how you look at it, at this point, nearly every faction represented in space has at least one ship playable by players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Hoooo, then why is the Regent is pretty identical to one particular entry?

And btw, what are the Regent's measurements, I'm working on a MSD for her.

Which entry? Got a link?

The Regent is 705 meters long, compared to the Sovereign's 685.
I make space ships!
Twitter! STO_JamJamz
Starfleet Veteran
# 52
12-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjamjamz View Post
Which entry? Got a link?

Personally I've always thought the regent was inspired by the original concept art for the E
Career Officer
# 53
12-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
The thinking is what, K'vort for the KDF?
If it IS the K'vort, it took down the flagship pretty quickly. Please make the stats reflect it being a BATTLEcruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedsnake001 View Post
If it IS the K'vort, it took down the flagship pretty quickly. Please make the stats reflect it being a BATTLEcruiser.
One on its own wouldn't have done it -- there were three in the battle, and the Enterprise-D was fighting a "survival optional" battle where their objective was to draw fire away from the Enterprise-C long enough for the older ship to re-enter the temporal anomaly.
Career Officer
# 55
12-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilv View Post
Personally I've always thought the regent was inspired by the original concept art for the E
link not working

//
and to be blunt, the Romulan Ship textures may have been updated a bit (they look a bit less worse now), but the Polygons are nowhere near good enough to be a Player Ship.

If you take a look at the NPC Dominion Bug Ships vs. the player ship... completely different models.
(kind of like the Steamrunner in Star Trek... never meant to be seen up close and all that)

Last edited by zerobang; 12-20-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Most of the updates regarding the mentioned factions were not for players. Regardless of how you look at it, at this point, nearly every faction represented in space has at least one ship playable by players.
Oh bah I see my post was ninjaed....
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
link not working
Copy link address.
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-20-2012, 03:24 PM
I like all the other guesses on what the ship might be also remember play nice I like my forum thread going on. Also I think we could just be getting another ship from the DTNE in all reality that seems like a good possibility so they can bring some new designs to STO. Also a long time Cryptic posted that they would like to use more of those ships and personally I do not blame them some of those ships looked amazing and those were just designs not even 3D rendered models.

Starfleet Veteran
# 58
12-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Which entry? Got a link?

I'll Forum PM you the link. No need for this thread to get side tracked.

705m long? Was thinking she was closer to 750m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilv View Post
Honestly, I see no similarities with that concept except except for the turkey wing pylon. Which definitely came from this idea.
Empire Veteran
# 59
12-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
thank you btw for making the romulan npc ships nice to look at. the old D'd was soooo incredibly bad looking. hopefully they let you guys update some player ships too, some that have been around since launch look pretty ruff compared to the newer additions.

also, i'd REALLY like to see the ktinga's low quality/high quality model finally fixed. if the camera is far enough away from a ktinga, suddenly it has engine and deflector glow, wile up close it doesn't. pretty sure thats backwards don't you think?

since the ktinga is now an end game ship, i would really like to see the ship have those glows that apparently are already in game on some level. pretty sure its the only ship without ANY glows, other then impulse engines. also, the fleet skin for the ktinga, that red/orange coloring would look really good on the paneling on the main hull i would think, its currently only on a little panel on its neck.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
# 60
12-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
thank you btw for making the romulan npc ships nice to look at. the old D'd was soooo incredibly bad looking. hopefully they let you guys update some player ships too, some that have been around since launch look pretty ruff compared to the newer additions.

also, i'd REALLY like to see the ktinga's low quality/high quality model finally fixed. if the camera is far enough away from a ktinga, suddenly it has engine and deflector glow, wile up close it doesn't. pretty sure thats backwards don't you think?

since the ktinga is now an end game ship, i would really like to see the ship have those glows that apparently are already in game on some level. pretty sure its the only ship without ANY glows, other then impulse engines. also, the fleet skin for the ktinga, that red/orange coloring would look really good on the paneling on the main hull i would think, its currently only on a little panel on its neck.
Yeah, the K'T'inga needs some loving. I still get that offsetted Impulse Engines when I play her. And the window models don't stick.

Also be nice if we could see a Romulan version with the Phoenix on the belly.

Which reminds me, other Klingon Warships have trouble with their Windows too. If you go to the new type, some areas still use the Type 1.